Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A 'friend' who became obsessed with my fiancee, and has tried to kill me. We're not baby-rapists, and that's a horrible thing to say

No reason at all, we just need some advice, and have ended up losing a lot of friends due to all the problems.
    If she tried to kill you, why can't you get a restraining order on her?

Change your last name, move to a different city.

ReputationRep:
    if they tried to kill you, have you not told the police? bring them to court and send them to jail..

ReputationRep:
    'Get rid' of that someone or go to the police (unless it's you who's in the wrong)

Sorry for the lack of information, but I've become quite wary of telling things to strangers, so I tried to be as undetailed as poss. We can't prove much, as she has used her family to help cover her tracks, and there are a lot of them, and only two of us. The police are involved, but I don't think the outcome will be particularly positive, anyway, we need to get away from her for our own sanity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number6)
    Pay for everything in cash, use pay-as-you-go phones, don't give anybody or any companies your address....try to limit the paper/electronic trail. Good luck

EDIT: If you can, stop driving so you can't be traced through current car tax/insurance databases.
    lol someones been watching too much tv XD

call the police op......

ReputationRep:
    Thanks How about companies which need to write to you though, surely thy need your details? And how d;you know which companies are uneccesarily asking for your adress?
    It depends how keen you want to be about this, I suppose.....if you're really worried, give your parents' address and get them to give you post in person. And only give that address out for absolutely vital things.

ReputationRep:
    Well you'll have to abandon and never speak again to anyone you currently know lest they divulge your secret, that's a big step to take :/

Edit names by deed poll, close all of your current bank accounts, phone contract, insurance policies, etc. If you need these services reopen them under your new name. Move to a new area of the country/another country. Possibly more you could do...

ReputationRep:
    Move to a small town/rural area.

Create myspace/facebook pages with the wrong address on it.

Dont give out your address except for necessities (eg. Gas bill, rent etc.)

(Original post by fire2burn)
    Well you'll have to abandon and never speak again to anyone you currently know lest they divulge your secret, that's a big step to take :/
    Tbh, we've lost contact with most friends, as it's been a horrible few years, and our friends drifted away cos they didn;t understand what was happening rally.

(Original post by Number6)
    It depends how keen you want to be about this, I suppose.....if you're really worried, give your parents' address and get them to give you post in person. And only give that address out for absolutely vital things.
    (Original post by stainluss)
    Move to a small town/rural area.

Create myspace/facebook pages with the wrong address on it.

Dont give out your address except for necessities (eg. Gas bill, rent etc.)
    I suppose all that would't be so necessary if we just changed our names.

ReputationRep:
    True.

Just do that.

Good luck and try to forget about this woman once you leave and enjoy life

(Original post by stainluss)
    True.

Just do that.

Good luck and try to forget about this woman once you leave and enjoy life
    How the heck do we choose new names though. I mean should we change our first and last names, and what about middle names?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Become an assassin who was trained by the government, but then you are on the run from the government and you go after the government as you try to find out who you are.
    That reminds me of Dark Angel.

ReputationRep:
    watch this:

david evans becomes david smith,

jessica underwood becomes jessica smith.

see where this is going?

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo Bermuda triangle!

ReputationRep:
    Do what every body else does on Eastenders, start a new life in Spain but while rushing to the airport get killed in a car chase.

ReputationRep:
    Become Hermits and live in a shack in the woods. Ooo you could be like Holden Cauldfield.

ReputationRep:
    If you start running from people you'll never stop and you'll be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your lives. No way to live. :no:

ReputationRep:
    all you have to do is go to a local solicitors or a law firm. sign a statutory declaration with your old and new name, this will then be signed by a legal practitioner. I would then get a new provisional/drivers licence in your new name (this is easier to get than a new passport, and its free) then cancel all your accounts and create new ones under your new name. Back everything up with your driving license and your stat declaration.
    if its really serious I would move, its not fair to get your families and friends involved in this

I know this isn't going to help much, but how far and how long are you going to run for?

What would you want, to be on the run for the rest of your life - not knowing who's behind you and panicking at the sight of a shadow? or to let the authorities know and get this person dealt with?

At least once they've been dealt with, you can be yourself. You won't need to be afraid and hide any more and besides, you'll get your friends back?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.