Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by starsdream2)
    That reminds me of Dark Angel.
    Heh, I was talking about the Bourne books.

ReputationRep:
    If someone is weirdly obsessed with your fiancee, and tried to kill you, then they're a danger to society.

Get a restraining order (which I doubt is that hard, considering my friend managed to get one in high school to stop her ex from phoning her all the time), and make sure that the authorities are watching this guy, otherwise he'll just find someone else to obsess over, and ruin their life too.

I don't think that running away is at all necessary if everything is as you say it is.

ReputationRep:
    Get sent to prison, no one will find you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Heh, I was talking about the Bourne books.

Ah well it still reminds me of Dark Angel :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We're cosidering that, but really we both want to stay in england, the place we know. It's not that easy to just find someone is it, if they stay in the same country?
    it depends what you are running from. If its a person then its no problem but if its a debt or government run body like police theres no major point as they will track you.

Used to work in finance so its not hard to track people for debt reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Go to Africa!!

(Original post by oh_adele)
    If you start running from people you'll never stop and you'll be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your lives. No way to live. :no:
    So what do you advise then? The police are doing all they can. but as i said, there's little evidence, so I doubt they'll make a case stand to be frank.

ReputationRep:
    if you really feel you have to do that, you should think twice about moving abroad. it's really much more of a fresh start, emotionally as well. doesn't even have to be far... (depending on what foreign languages you speak).
    changing your last name is a good idea.
    if you stay in gb move to the other side of the country, and live in a city or larger town, in samm towns everyone will know you within a month, even the employees at the post office...
    don't make profiles on internt pages or share any personal information on the web. obvously don't enter any prizedraws and the like.
    if you have to give away you data, carefully read the privacy policy to make sure it's not shared with anyone.
    the hardest thing is: don't make anymore contact with anyone from your old life. not friends, nor family. you probably call your family from a pay as you go phone or so...
    tell people at work and such not to give away your number when someone calls or drops by and asks (saying they were an old friend or so...), just tell them you had a stalker and are being careful, people will understand.
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    This all sounds thrilling!

(Original post by ta-shi)
    if you really feel you have to do that, you should think twice about moving abroad. it's really much more of a fresh start, emotionally as well. doesn't even have to be far... (depending on what foreign languages you speak).
    changing your last name is a good idea.
    if you stay in gb move to the other side of the country, and live in a city or larger town, in samm towns everyone will know you within a month, even the employees at the post office...
    don't make profiles on internt pages or share any personal information on the web. obvously don't enter any prizedraws and the like.
    if you have to give away you data, carefully read the privacy policy to make sure it's not shared with anyone.
    the hardest thing is: don't make anymore contact with anyone from your old life. not friends, nor family. you probably call your family from a pay as you go phone or so...
    tell people at work and such not to give away your number when someone calls or drops by and asks (saying they were an old friend or so...), just tell them you had a stalker and are being careful, people will understand.
    good luck
    Thanks - I'll definitely make sure i remember all that.

I'm not asking for ideas or anything, but how d'you go about choosing a new last name?

ReputationRep:
    Report the friend to police?
    I doubt they'll get hold of you card details and all that crap.
    Just move?
    edit:just read rest.

(Original post by jaz_jaz)
    Report the friend to police?
    Have done, but not a lot they can do, as little solid evidence.
    I doubt they'll get hold of you card details and all that crap.
    Better safe than sorry, I suppose. And I think people meant that the more youg ive you details out the more of a trail you're leaving.
    Just move?
    Changing our names would make us more secure though surely.

ReputationRep:
    why??, I take it this is a bad person who is after you if your ready to change your names to get away from them. My advice is dont run, if its that bad call the police...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks - I'll definitely make sure i remember all that.

I'm not asking for ideas or anything, but how d'you go about choosing a new last name?
    take a common one that goes well with your first name. e.g. you have a turkish first name, take a very common turkish last name.
    if you're jennifer, you can go with brown, taylor or the like. if you re of chinese origin, then wang or zhaou,.. you get the idea.
    otherwise, just pick something you think sounds beautiful. like the name of a flower or so... or the maiden name of your grandmother, probably.

(Original post by ta-shi)
    take a common one that goes well with your first name. e.g. you have a turkish first name, take a very common turkish last name.
    if you're jennifer, you can go with brown, taylor or the like. if you re of chinese origin, then wang or zhaou,.. you get the idea.
    otherwise, just pick something you think sounds beautiful. like the name of a flower or so... or the maiden name of your grandmother, probably.
    Thanks I'll talk to my fiancée about it, and hopefully we'll come to an agreement about a name, as we're hoping to get married soon, so it'll be her name too! D'you think we should change our first names or what?

ReputationRep:
    make sure you're ex-directory too, as people can find you in the phonebook!!

ReputationRep:
    A 'friend' who became obsessed with my fiancee, and has tried to kill me. We're not baby-rapists, and that's a horrible thing to say

No reason at all, we just need some advice, and have ended up losing a lot of friends due to all the problems.
    Hahaha, I'm sorry but that is just LOLTACULAR.

I can't even take this post seriously hahahaha, even if it could be true :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    she's just a person; I wouldn't worry about changing your names or bank accounts or anything, just move.
    The UK is a big place to look for you in, moving should be enough to keep her away.

ReputationRep:
    You can live with me, I am also in England. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    Move to Russia and change your name to Olga.... :awesome:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.