Turn on thread page Beta

Worst things that couples do! watch

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone has pretty much covered it

(Also this thread could have used a poll)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Kissing each other in public

Pet names

Excessive Facebooking

Constant drivel to their respective friends on how much they miss each other for the fifteen minutes they're away from each other.

Yeah I'm bitter.
    This. Alongside MSN personal messages with the cheesiest quotes about how their lives are complete now they have each other. Bleugh

ReputationRep:
    The 'anniversaries' that don't really mean anything e.g. 4 months since we first hugged, first kissed, first made a sexy times, first time we exchanged gifts etc.

[This one only applies to teenage couples]
    When couples meet eachother for the first time, hook up and then start telling everybody they're 'soul mates', they want to marry eachother and start talking about wedding bells within a few weeks. It's quite amusing when only a little while later they're seen to be totally despising eachother :laugh: What's the rush of 'solidifying' relationships with such titles and future aspirations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steverockin)
    when they were his and her mathching coats n clothes n stuff
    Please don't tell me you know people like that?!

ReputationRep:
    when couples argue in public obviously all couples argue, but when people do it infront of loads of other people its just annoying especially as most of the time they are arguing abotu something competley stupid!

ReputationRep:
    Public Displays Of affection and when they become pathetic and miss eachother if they dont see eachother for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    When your friends with a couple and they break up, your often made to take sides, especially if the relationship ended badly.

Also the whole endless declarations of love on Facebook thing. At my old job there was this couple who were constantly promoting themselves on facebook. Their walls solely showed conversations between the pair of them. They could never be apart at work and if one finished after the other, they would always wait, at times i saw them waiting for like 3 hours for each other.

I heard that they got engaged recently as well, only just turned 19.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    Please don't tell me you know people like that?!
    I saw a couple out in Cambridge today that were both wearing purple tops and cream cardigans with skinny jeans. They were holding hands as well, they looked like twins!

Another vote for teenage couples who say they are going to get married. I know a couple like this and it drives me up the wall!!! She's always talking about him and how he's 'the one' and how she's knows that they will 'be together forever' :rolleyes: FFS you're 16 years old! You haven't even been going out for half a year!

Grrr :mad:

(I am a little bitter :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Couples who argue on Facebook about which one loves the other one more.

My news feed was covered with:
    'I love you so much'
    'I love you so much MORE'
    'No! I love YOU so much more!'
    After a while, someone commented on one of the posts saying 'shut the **** up!'. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doublereedfreak)
    The worst is if they are in your group of friends, they start going out, it makes everyone awkward, they seperate themselves from the group, BAM your group of friends is ruined.
    Tell me about it! A lot of couples seem to utterly separate themselves from the rest of society. In several cases, I've seen mates get a gf and you literally don't see them at all for the next 6 months until they break up! I understand that sometimes they want to be together and that's fine, but when people completely ditch their friends it's pretty unfair.

(Original post by Deano88)
    When your friends with a couple and they break up, your often made to take sides, especially if the relationship ended badly.

That too. There are entire streets of bars that I have to avoid because one my friend's ex might be there. Despite the fact that I have nothing against her at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    What about couples annoys the most? My pet peeve would have to be couples who go round each others' house and post on each others' walls about how much they love each other when they're right next to each other! What's yours? Yes, I'm bored :p:
    OMG i know what you mean! Facebook is a hideous portal for couples to gross out other innocent facebook 'friends' many of which they barely know!!

I also hate PDA. I don't care if you're smitten with each other, grope in private!

ReputationRep:
    when they write on their facebook status saying how much they love their bf/gf and when they speak about their bf/gf in front of you all the time

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'm very lovely-dovey with my boyfriend, very PDA, always holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes and smoochy smooching. In front of friends/relatives we tone it down somewhat. When I see other people doing the same I think "awww :love:". But the other day on the bus this kid was like "WHAT ARE THOSE PEOPLE DOING MUM?" and the mum was like "THEY ARE KISSING IT'S DISGUSTING HOW FILTHY IN FRONT OF CHILDREN HEY BUS DRIVER THERE'S A COUPLE UP HERE HAVING NOOKY IT'S DISGUSTING". We'd only had a quick peck! And surely it's normal for kids to see kissing anyway?! I mean, what about kids with parents who are together?! Though these people (a big group of them, seemingly all related) get the same bus as me to the job centre every week and usually shout rude things out of the window at passers-by and loudly harrass teenage school boys ("alright sexy why don't you come sit next to me", "phwoar look at the arse on that" etc), so I don't really respect their judgement.

I don't do the facebook status thing, and don't constantly bang on about my relationship to others (hardly mention my boyfriend unless it's relevant to the conversation) but my blog is full of lovey dovey stuff. :love: :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    Going on and on about how much they love each other when he has cheated on her...
    Constantly attached to each other- can't have a conversation with just one of them.
    Saying how much he misses her, knowing full well I'm lonely and have been single for nearly 2years...

Not bitter at all...

ReputationRep:
    Awww young love , aint it grand :p:

ReputationRep:
    What on earth is PDA? A quick google search returned 'Personal Digital Assistant'

ReputationRep:
    I hate the public announcements of love, especially on facebook, when they post it 5 times a day.....get a life!

I also hate friends who ditch you for their boyfriends, or who change for their boyfriends...my friend did this, and I was nice/decent enough to re-friend her when her boyfriend dumped her. Then she did it again. :mad: Needless to say, I no longer speak to her.

(Original post by nouvelle_vague)
    I'm not really guilty of doing any of that with my boyfriend. I'll post 'love you xxxx' on his wall (mostly when drunk I must admit) but mostly it's just insults, like '**** off man rapist xxxxx' or telling everyone how much he loves the ****.

I am a nice girlfriend.

LOL that sounds just like my relationship XD I'm quite proud not to be guilty of many of these, but I used to have a bit of problem with PDA until I realised nobody wants to see that XD :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiah)
    LOL that sounds just like my relationship XD I'm quite proud not to be guilty of many of these, but I used to have a bit of problem with PDA until I realised nobody wants to see that XD :rolleyes: :p:
    Haha, I love my relationship, like. We are incredibly sweet to one another, but we also take the piss at a-grade levels!

I don't really have a problem with PDA, if I don't want to see it, I won't look at it. I would never judge people who are so in love they can't keep their hands to themselves. Same goes in a club situation; if I see someone smooching on, I just dance the other way :p:

Having said that I'm not into extravagant PDAs myself, but I won't refrain from snuggling on the bus or kissing my boyfriend whenever I want to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cats_have_teats)
    What on earth is PDA? A quick google search returned 'Personal Digital Assistant'
    Public displays of affection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spacecam)
    Kissing each other in public

Pet names

Excessive Facebooking

Constant drivel to their respective friends on how much they miss each other for the fifteen minutes they're away from each other.

Yeah I'm bitter.

Haha, seconded.

Anything that appears exhibitionist really.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.