Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which social class do you consider yourself to fall under and why do you think you belong there?

ReputationRep:
    Barbarian, because I prefer short range melee attacks and war cries over magic and projectiles.

ReputationRep:
    Well.

As I'm at University then I should be seen as 'middle class' however, there is a lot of people going to University these days and therefore this may not be true as their are grants and things for working class families to go.

I was brought up by a working class family so I could be seen as working class aswell.

Overall, it depends on how you see class. For me I think your social class should be seen threw which values you hold, working class or middle class etc...I believe I have more of a middle class mentality to see myself as middle class. However if you look at how much im earning and my background then I'd have to percieve myself as working class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.kemp)
    Well.

As I'm at University then I should be seen as 'middle class' however, there is a lot of people going to University these days and therefore this may not be true as their are grants and things for working class families to go.

I was brought up by a working class family so I could be seen as working class aswell.

Overall, it depends on how you see class. For me I think your social class should be seen threw which values you hold, working class or middle class etc...I believe I have more of a middle class mentality to see myself as middle class. However if you look at how much im earning and my background then I'd have to percieve myself as working class.
    Would you really want to be middle class though? Or just have the status and trappings that go with it?

ReputationRep:
    Working class, because my father works, I guess.
    And we don't have as much money in people in say, middle class.

Not that I know what I'm talking about. Does anyone wanna draw me a little heirarchy?

ReputationRep:
    Probably middle.
    Mainly because of my lifestyle.

But some parts of my family could be seen as much higher, as they have ties with the queen/live in a castle etc.

ReputationRep:
    Top class

ReputationRep:
    Middle class probably - although my family would probably be in the upper middle class bracket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karunesh)
    Top class
    This

ReputationRep:
    Middle class - the lifestyle and mentality have to define class these days.

ReputationRep:
    working classssss
    i no longer live with my family and so work alot to fund my lifestyle and general living costsssss =)

Why do we still judge people the same way the victorians judged people? I have friends who are considered coming from a "working class" background and friends who are "middle class" and also a couple of mates who are "upper class".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola.kemp)
    Well.

this

ReputationRep:
    Lower Middle Class.

Due to parents jobs, incomes, house, education standard of myself and siblings.

ReputationRep:
    Filthy rich, because i live in dubai.

ReputationRep:
    Working class. I was born into it :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Working class, i dont exactly have the lifestyle of a middle class person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    Why do we still judge people the same way the victorians judged people? I have friends who are considered coming from a "working class" background and friends who are "middle class" and also a couple of mates who are "upper class".
    I don't-class is largely redundant imo, but for the purpose of the thread we'll say it exists. Just interested in what reasons people give.

ReputationRep:
    Probably lower-middle class.

ReputationRep:
    Hokage

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.