Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

typicaly english : oversexed tabloids with naked woman in it Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry_Pancakes)
    The guy from the country where cannabis is legal & it's red light district has women dancing naked in windows is telling us that we're particularly liberal about sex? Don't let the Star form the basis of your opinons of our society brah.
    Perhaps because his own judgment does not mirror that of his country on a majority basis? My views are more akin to Tibetan Buddhists than your average Londoner.

ReputationRep:
    tabloids are in a way not such kwality papars to read ha ha ..... theres almost nothing in it ha ha

but yeah for the working man : easy to absorb : highly profesional nudity : and the cat every day wants also a fresh paper to sh**** on ha ha ha in the cat litter

but yeah its not exactly a work of sheakspaere ha ha

but whats so irritating for some people i do not understand : we can not al be interlectuals?

ReputationRep:
    Are you a moron? If so, buy the Sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onion Terror)
    Tabloids are for idiots. Dutch people are generally more intelligent than the tabloid kind.
    Sometime people like trashy, throw away news. Not everything has to be incredible deep. Open your mind a little bit and you might have more fun

(Original post by edwinemanuelposse)
    hello i am edwin ... i live in the netherlands .... well today i was wondering again once more ... the english have these tabloids with naked female models in it ...

me personally i like it very much because i like nudisme in general...

still i wonder why this difference is.... between for example my own country or for example germany or france

i do think the english are very free in there sexual manners.....very liberated..... a healthy sexuality so to speak .....

but in holland ha ha ha there is absolutly no market for these sort of tabloids with nudity in it....

i wonder and wonder a bit about the reason ha ha ha for this.......

anyone?
    There's nothing healthy about us; we're just dirty.

:yes:

I refuse to accept the fact that tabloid newspapers exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strawberry_Pancakes)
    The guy from the country where cannabis is legal & it's red light district has women dancing naked in windows is telling us that we're particularly liberal about sex? Don't let the Star form the basis of your opinons of our society brah.
    cannabis is not legal anywhere in the world my friend.

either way, amsterdam works very well and the legal prostitution system is much better for both parties (prostitute/customer) than the horrible system in england.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thompsonbassman)
    cannabis is not legal anywhere in the world my friend.

either way, amsterdam works very well and the legal prostitution system is much better for both parties (prostitute/customer) than the horrible system in england.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

several countries it is legal there, mexico and the netherlands for example...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis

several countries it is legal there, mexico and the netherlands for example...
    Read again, it is not completely legal in any country in the world!

It is only decriminalised in certain areas of the world, and legal for medicinal purposes only in other areas.

It is not legal in the Netherlands, it is tolerated. The drug is still an illegal substance it is just closely regulated and tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    But what happens if you just want to laugh at all the retards of society and feel better about yourself at 7 0 clock in the morning and the only way to do this is to buy a copy of The Sun. Reading these papers doesn't have to reflect intelligence at all - why should it? Yeah chavs read them but so what? Doesn't mean intelligent people don't enjoy a good laugh now and again. Plus, the page 3 girls are hot.

ReputationRep:
    i do think the english are very free in there sexual manners.....very liberated..... a healthy sexuality so to speak .....
    So the Netherlands are not liberated with a healthy sexuality? :confused:

I'm sorry, you've lost me.

England is possibly the least sexually healthy society I can think of, apart from loads of men drooling over said naked women going "corrrr I'd 'ave a bit of that, what a fitty".

Yeah people talk and joke about sex here and can be very crude about it but I'd hardly say it's a liberated thing. People never talk seriously about it whereas in Holland they do.

And in England all it ever is is paradoxes - people are either way too crude about things and sex-obsessed, with sex used to sell most things in the media, or it's a totally taboo subject.

My point being, Holland has a far, far more healthy sexuality than England.

ReputationRep:
    No sex please, we're British.

Quite why they started doing this I don't know, maybe to get more readers.

In newswpapers like "The Sun" there is one page of it, and there are news stories so it's not so bad. However with newspapers like "The Daily Sport" pretty much every other page is a topless woman. There is some news but it's mostly smut probably aimed at teenage boys and some shallow white van driving men.

ReputationRep:
    sex, in Britain? I don't think so.

ReputationRep:
    well speaking about cannabis .... technically yes is a bit illigal in holland .... one day the gouvernement told to the police : canabis is quit harmless so it should have a low priority to the police in terms of arresting people

nowadays in the big city therefor u have almost in every single street a coffeshop ha ha ha

for the nudity thing ha ha ...didnt think at all so many people in britain ha ha would be in any form against the tabloid ...so there for i think for me this topic has been usefulll

me ha ha nudity lover since i was twelve years old : dont change my opinion about tabloids ha ha i think tehy are sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malleablegrace)
    So the Netherlands are not liberated with a healthy sexuality? :confused:

I'm sorry, you've lost me.

England is possibly the least sexually healthy society I can think of, apart from loads of men drooling over said naked women going "corrrr I'd 'ave a bit of that, what a fitty".

Yeah people talk and joke about sex here and can be very crude about it but I'd hardly say it's a liberated thing. People never talk seriously about it whereas in Holland they do.

And in England all it ever is is paradoxes - people are either way too crude about things and sex-obsessed, with sex used to sell most things in the media, or it's a totally taboo subject.

My point being, Holland has a far, far more healthy sexuality than England.
    Hit the nail on the head with this, I agree! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    Dutch people are very open about sex whereas the British aren't. That's why we have so many problems.
    First person to hit the nail on the head. The Dutch have fewer teenage pregnancies than the UK, and yet brothels are legal. Why? Because sex isn't such a taboo subject - they'll talk about it quite openly, and you don't get stupid chuchgoers ranting about sex education encouraging people to sleep around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snipex)
    First person to hit the nail on the head. The Dutch have fewer teenage pregnancies than the UK, and yet brothels are legal. Why? Because sex isn't such a taboo subject - they'll talk about it quite openly, and you don't get stupid chuchgoers ranting about sex education encouraging people to sleep around.
    Thanks for the rep.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Amsterdam in Holland?

Red Light District. Thats all I'm saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snipex)
    i just cant tell rather the teenages pregnancys are caused by better or worse sexual guidance ?

is the percantage in the uk realy such higher or just al little?

ReputationRep:
    i just cant tell rather the teenages pregnancys are caused by better or worse sexual guidance ?

is the percantage in the uk realy such higher or just al little?
    I would hazard a guess that they are due to poorer sexual guidance. And it's quite high, I mean not everybody you know has a child by any means, but I can think of a few dozen girls my age that have children.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.