The Student Room Group

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August)

The 2009 Results Day Countdown Thread (20th & 27th August)

You told me to wait "Until at least the coursework's handed in."

You told me to wait "Until study leave starts"

You told me to wait "Until the Exams start"

You told me to wait "Until the exams finish!" (Well, mine have, so does that count?)

Well here it is.

We have 66 days to go.

How is everyone feeling?

Anyone going to check track at midnight?

Know of any rumors about Results Day or Track?

Any really brave people volunteering to star on TV when they open the dreaded envelope?

(If so watch this and make an informed choice. If you still decide to, good for you.)

How does everybody think they have done?

I swear last year there were a series of funny clips done on the run up of results day done by a girl on YouTube but cannot seem to find them. Does anyone know the clips I am thinking of? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I think it's reached the time where you can just about get away with this thread :p:
I'm very apprehensive - I'm only AS so its not the "make or break" situation most A2 students are facing. I don't think I've done terribly, but not as well as I was hoping - I suppose you can never tell, so hopefully results day will go my way :smile:

And only 66 days? Crikey, that sounds close. That's quite worrying!
Oh, and first reply! :woo:
k9ruby
The 2009 Results Day Countdown Thread (20th & 27th August)

You told me to wait "Until at least the coursework's handed in."

You told me to wait "Until study leave starts"

You told me to wait "Until the Exams start"

You told me to wait "Until the exams finish!" (Well, mine have, so does that count?)

Well here it is.

We have 66 days to go.

How is everyone feeling?

Anyone going to check track at midnight?

Know of any rumors about Results Day or Track?

Any really brave people volunteering to star on TV when they open the dreaded envelope?

(If so watch this and make an informed choice. If you still decide to, good for you.)

How does everybody think they have done?

I swear last year there were a series of funny clips done on the run up of results day done by a girl on YouTube but cannot seem to find them. Does anyone know the clips I am thinking of? :biggrin:

How do you get on TV? I don't want to (not just saying that) but I thought the TV crews picked a school at random, turned up and dragged a few students off to film them. (This really annoyed my friend's mum lol because there were articles in the newspaper with "so-and-so gets 9 A*s at GCSE and my friend got 13, and her mum was like "well how come they get in the papers and you didn't?")
Reply 3
Some people, infact a lot of people aren't even close to finishig exams yet.

:facepalm2:
Reply 4
My exams haven't even finished yet :frown:
I'm dreading results!
But I have my 18th bday to celebrate shortly after so that is something to look forward to :smile:
Reply 5
Fancy dress? Yes please.

In fact I might not bother this year, only AS. A2 it's gonna be full on. And then I'll realise I've failed and look like an idiot :smile:

Yay.
Reply 6
MathsHamster
How do you get on TV? I don't want to (not just saying that) but I thought the TV crews picked a school at random, turned up and dragged a few students off to film them. (This really annoyed my friend's mum lol because there were articles in the newspaper with "so-and-so gets 9 A*s at GCSE and my friend got 13, and her mum was like "well how come they get in the papers and you didn't?")

my Mum was a bit like that - this top private school in York had a picture of loads of people saying they all got 10A/*s each and my Mum said well 2 of you managed to get that at your school and no-one even batted an eyelid. She was, of course, much more bothered than me, bless her.

66 days to go :o: hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about that. I genuinely have no real idea how I have done, especially as I have no Jan modules. It does make me feel quite sick actually, thinking about it!
Reply 7
My A2 exams arent finished until friday 19th, and i'm absolutely crapping results day, will be make or break for my uni choice and my future.
Reply 8
I haven't even finished yet but I'm feeling sick at the prospect of results day.
Track doesn't update till 6-7 in the morning, or so I'm told. One person did, however, say that her track updated at midnight - she seems to be an exception to everyone else.

I'm pretty scared tbh, planning on getting pissed the night before otherwise I won't be able to get to sleep. Also having a results day party so I better meet my uni offer. :woo:
i dont finish till the 24th!!!!! mental... and lol at that youtube link!!
I am very very very very worried about my results.
Last Year, i was on holiday in San diego so it was quite easy not to think about it but this year i know its all thats going to be going through my mind.
Jamstar
I think it's reached the time where you can just about get away with this thread :p:
I'm very apprehensive - I'm only AS so its not the "make or break" situation most A2 students are facing. I don't think I've done terribly, but not as well as I was hoping - I suppose you can never tell, so hopefully results day will go my way :smile:

And only 66 days? Crikey, that sounds close. That's quite worrying!
Oh, and first reply! :woo:

I think most have it wrong
AS is the crucial year - put the work in AS and cruise to victory for A2
as i am :biggrin:
Reply 13
i cant wait for results day
these exams have been a pain in the arse
that clip is priceless
sidewalkwhenshewalks
I think most have it wrong
AS is the crucial year - put the work in AS and cruise to victory for A2
as i am :biggrin:

:yep:

Same here

as opposed to some friends who are bricking it
I have my results day on the 20th, then my brother's GCSE results on the 27th. I don't think my mum can take any more.
I'm going to check track when I get up in the morning.
Then, if I'm in, go to college.
If im not, go back to bed.

And cry.

Haha.
Reply 17
Me and some friends are gonig to go in and open our results together, feel sick for the ieda atm :frown:
How exciting.
lol to the clip - i wonder what it did mean...

im really nervous about results but at the same time i cant wait! i just want to find out how iv done tbh

last exam is 22nd so cant wait to finish!

66 days doesn't seem that long 2 months can go very very quickly...

just hope iv done as well as i want to!