Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    Everyone seems to be having results dreams however I have not had one of these despite spending all my time worrying about results. They sound exciting and fun, is there any way to induce such dreams?
    lol you don't want them lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustRach)
    Haha, I know the feeling. Any post or emails and I'm a nervous wreck. Just in case they've decided (for some reason) that I'm special and therefore have to know early. :p:

I had a letter from studentfinance yesterday and trembled when I saw my name, only to find a boring list of how much money I'll be oweing in the near future. :rolleyes:
    lol, it's horrible isn't it; they lull you in2 a false sense of security... :mad:

i had a phone call from one uni aaaages ago (which i declined in my choices) nd it was sooo wierd, i wondered for a min if they were gonna tell me im in nd neednt bother taking the exams... shame it was just wishful thinkin :p:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to be having results dreams however I have not had one of these despite spending all my time worrying about results. They sound exciting and fun, is there any way to induce such dreams?
    count urself lucky!
    'exciting' nd 'fun' is not the best description 4 em!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm with ya there....I have not once dreamt about results or uni, bit weird isnt it??

ReputationRep:
    It seems like everyone's having these!!! Was it a normal fail dream or a weird one?

I had an odd one that I'd got into my uni but with a grade short, so they made me live in a cutlery drawer. My dad advised me to stay away from red wine when I told him.
    Hahahaha. That tops me. I just keep dreaming I fail. I need some red wine lol.

ReputationRep:
    It happens when you stop thinking about results.
    Trust me you don't want one you might fail (in your dream) it's a horrible feeling!

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream where they said the examiner lost my exam papers, so they couldn't mark any of them, and I didn't have any results, which meant I couldn't go to uni. :sad:
    I keep having the most ridiculous dreams. :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Take some deep breaths, you all will be just fine, regardless of what results you get!

Good luck to you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    User Name Posts
    Medicine Man 110
    XCRUSHESX 108
    Malsy 83
    Simplicity 59
    jerzydee 56
    Zay18 49
    Alexandra1234567 45
    scaryhair 45
    fweefwee 42
    miz_perfecto 30

Lol
    Yay! I'm number 9

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it strange how as more time passes, you start to feel worse and worse about the exams?

Well, I do :o:

Perhaps because I can't remember what I wrote for any of them!
    Yeh neither do I remember the things I wrote in my exam, I can't even recall what the questions were about. I think I suffer from a long term memory deficit. I'm starting to panick alot, tommorow it's only going to be 14 days. I'm glad I'm not in college because that way your teachers don't bring it up and how close it is!

:woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend have made a plan to stay up on the night of 19th with DVDs and red wine
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We're having results dreams. Not fantasies.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else participating in this thread also have no insurance, and is therefore 10x more nervous (as I am) :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    Me and my friend have made a plan to stay up on the night of 19th with DVDs and red wine
    if i have to pick a wine - its gotta be rosé

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'm number 9
    my gosh you people are dedicated to the cause! it's rather impressive...and quite sad at the same time :p: but seriously, i'm all for beating the Scots in this so good on you :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else participating in this thread also have no insurance, and is therefore 10x more nervous (as I am) :woo:
    How come you have no insurance? did you only get one offer? I'm counting on my insurance, no way i'll get my firm or so I feel

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a plan. However I wouldn't really want a red-wine head on results day itself just in case I find myself in deep poop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    How come you have no insurance? did you only get one offer? I'm counting on my insurance, no way i'll get my firm or so I feel
    I have no insurance because only one other offer was lower than the one I wanted for my firm. I wasn't completely happy with this place as my insurance. When i asked myself if I wanted to spend 3 years of my life there I just had to accept that I wouldnt be, so I took the plunge and just had a firm choice. Some people called me stupid, but I feel happy with my decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    my gosh you people are dedicated to the cause! it's rather impressive...and quite sad at the same time :p: but seriously, i'm all for beating the Scots in this so good on you :woo:
    They have a master plan to beat us though...I declare war! :p:
    Seriously though, I think this thread is only going to get busier and busier as Judgement Day (and yes, it is, Judgement Day!) looms :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.