Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    What. This thread used to be so slow.

Anyhow, when does it go from 15 to 14 days to go (for example).

At 8am? At the time track goes live? When you can go and get your results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Hmm, I see where you're coming from.
    On another note, your avatar freaks me out. :erm:
    It freaks me out too!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    What. This thread used to be so slow.

Anyhow, when does it go from 15 to 14 days to go (for example).

At 8am? At the time track goes live? When you can go and get your results?

at 10 am tomorrow is when my newly-made& rubbish but useful countdown turns to 14

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=136

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    They are evil, evil I tell you!:grumble: lol I'm only joking I think it was because exams were a little later than usual this year :confused:

mine were all really early! most of them in may and then just 2 in june... ending on the 10th D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    at 10 am tomorrow is when my newly-made& rubbish but useful countdown turns to 14

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...0&sec=0&p0=136
    I shall trump your clock by a second.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=59&p0=136

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i can't believe zorg negged me. Now he is truly going to be negged; and i tell you my power is vast:mob:
    Lol. I haven't negged you. I can't till tomorrow. I wasn't going to anyway :p: , whoever negged me wouldn't reply to me that'd be stooopid.

Although now that we're back on it some fool negged me for giggles, although they wished me luck with results so I dunno report for misuse or wish them luck too? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    This thread is slowing down a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    I shall trump your clock by a second.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...&sec=59&p0=136

:rofl: that desperate are we :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    mine were all really early! most of them in may and then just 2 in june... ending on the 10th D:
    Mine were all late because they were towards the end of June and generally everyone who were doing their A2 exams were sitting them in June. The last exam for A2 was probably 27th June in my college anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Lol. I haven't negged you. I can't till tomorrow. I wasn't going to anyway :p: , whoever negged me wouldn't reply to me that'd be stooopid.

Although now that we're back on it some fool negged me for giggles, although they wished me luck with results so I dunno report for misuse or wish them luck too? :dontknow:

ok well someone negged me proclaiming to be you with ''zorg xx''/

I guess when I'm a sub this will all come to an end so yes whoever did so I will know mwahaha :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    Glory glory hallelujah (8)

On a lighter note...

15 days til results

[Wait... maybe I should've done that the other way round :p:]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Mine were all late because they were towards the end of June and generally everyone who were doing their A2 exams were sitting them in June. The last exam for A2 was probably 27th June in my college anyway.
    subject dependent I suppose. english lit/french/german/history for me - they gave the arts subjects a longer summer it seems

ReputationRep:
    I can't stop predicting my grades. :woo:

It could go A (Bio) A (Psych) A (English Lit) E (Chemistry-if I'm very lucky) or it could be CACU or ACDU or CDDU or even CCAU or DDDU or DDDD or UUUU *sobs*

My system of prediction is whenever I think I've done well I've failed and whenever I'm convinced I've failed, I've passed. But that system changes when Chemistry is involved because with Chemistry whenever I think I've failed, I've actually failed.

So by that *ahem* logic (it's actually true!)
    I've passed English Lit and Chemistry and failed Biology and Psychology. But I don't know how the system works when I've just done 'ok'- meaning I don't think I've got an A but I don't think I've failed. (Biology)
    And there is no way I've got anything above a U in Chemistry.
    So I don't even know how my own system works... I guess I'll see on results day? I want the damn results so I can see how badly I've done and plan my life as a hermit!

God I'm a wreck now and I haven't even got a university place to worry about (yet). If I flop ASs there's no way I'm applying to uni so... :afraid:

So sorry for the rant. I can't help or stop myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    On another note, your avatar freaks me out. :erm:
    Is it better now? >_____>

ReputationRep:
    the scot find out today.. I wonder how they are feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    haha tis cool isnt it

and nice offer!
    haha yeah 'cool' is exactly how i'd describe it :P

and thanks! just hope i make it :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh THERE ARE ONLY 14 DAYSSSSS TO GO!!!!!

:banghead: :headfire: :headfire: :grr:

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE your smiley use zay18

tis brilliant..do you have the smileys opened or something..cos im sure you dont know all these codes:eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I can't stop predicting my grades. :woo:

It could go A (Bio) A (Psych) A (English Lit) E (Chemistry-if I'm very lucky) or it could be CACU or ACDU or CDDU or even CCAU or DDDU or DDDD or UUUU *sobs*

My system of prediction is whenever I think I've done well I've failed and whenever I'm convinced I've failed, I've passed. But that system changes when Chemistry is involved because with Chemistry whenever I think I've failed, I've actually failed.

So by that *ahem* logic (it's actually true!)
    I've passed English Lit and Chemistry and failed Biology and Psychology. But I don't know how the system works when I've just done 'ok'- meaning I don't think I've got an A but I don't think I've failed. (Biology)
    And there is no way I've got anything above a U in Chemistry.
    So I don't even know how my own system works... I guess I'll see on results day? I want the damn results so I can see how badly I've done and plan my life as a hermit!

God I'm a wreck now and I haven't even got a university place to worry about (yet). If I flop ASs there's no way I'm applying to uni so... :afraid:

So sorry for the rant. I can't help or stop myself!
    You poor thing, I've never seen someone so nervous lol. If you "flop" ASs, you don't have to give up on applying to uni. I don't know anyone who didn't do at least 1 repeat. You can always have another shot in january, if you need to. On the other hand, your results could very well be fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    Lol, my first was the 16th May (French oral D: ) and I was finished on the 5th of June and on holiday the day after.

But my friend Stephanie was only doing her first exam at the start of my last exam week lol. I felt so bad to be living it up in France while she was at home studying.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.