Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks tomorrow...OMMMMMMMGGGG

i am already beyonnnd panicing, its redicilous!!

plus every single person i meet asks "so, results soon, looking forward to it" no, im not!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    So, wait, the last old spec exams will not be done ever again? That's really, really unfair.
    I would be very happy with new spec AQA Psychology. They've abandoned essay questions for 2 mark questions - I suspect there will be many A*s.

I saw a paper and couldn't believe my eyes. Clearly, A levels are getting easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    Lucinda's story sounds like one of the worst days in teenage history.
    Hope your Mum is OK.
    Have you called the train company?
    It is!!

She's ok, thank you. A bit of whiplash but nothing serious thankfully.

I realised as soon as I left the station I'd left it on there so I went straight back and told them, they checked and couldn't find anything :sad: They reckon someone might of handed it in to lost property and they said to ring a number at 3:00 today to check.

If it's lost I have no idea what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    OMGGGG i do feeel sorry for you i would be so pissed have you tried contacting the lost property someone might have handed it in i hope best of luck xx
    Yeah I did yesterday, they said I had to wait until today to find out if anyone's handed it in :sad:

I wouldn't even know where to start in trying to get everything back! I'd have to order copies of everything...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing it the old fashioned way and going to school to check their results rather than using track?.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Yeah I did yesterday, they said I had to wait until today to find out if anyone's handed it in :sad:

I wouldn't even know where to start in trying to get everything back! I'd have to order copies of everything...

aww hopefully someone handed it in

ReputationRep:
    Oh, Lucinda, that's really bloody awful. Have you found the London Transport Lost and Found?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I would be very happy with new spec AQA Psychology. They've abandoned essay questions for 2 mark questions - I suspect there will be many A*s.

I saw a paper and couldn't believe my eyes. Clearly, A levels are getting easier.
    I found that so unfair! Its ridiculous and everyone in lower sixth keeps moaning about how difficult it is :mad:
    My psychology exam was disturbed by a huge storm outside and because it was in the sports hall, the rain was soooo loud then the roof started leaking and the electricity went off and people had to be moved.....i'm blaming that if i've failed :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)

I don't do psychology, nor sat an AQA set A-Level exam, so I don't really understand the catastrophic results you're inferring.

However, they've apparently made Edexcel Politics 'easier' and yet, they had to move the grade boundary down about 2 and a half grades because people did so badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vongustedt)
    Anyone doing it the old fashioned way and going to school to check their results rather than using track?.
    Yep. I'm coming back from camping that morning, where there's no electricity, let alone a computer! And after my friend and I have our results we're going straight back...

The joys of being a Guider...

It might be better that way, I suppose. More of a surprise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I found that so unfair! Its ridiculous and everyone in lower sixth keeps moaning about how difficult it is :mad:
    All you've seen is a paper, I imagine (like most students) you only have a basic understanding of the marking system. I am sure, if they are changing the style of questions, then they are changing how it is marked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    All you've seen is a paper, I imagine (like most students) you only have a basic understanding of the marking system. I am sure, if they are changing the style of questions, then they are changing how it is marked.
    All I remember is seeing a table in which you just had to fill in the properties of STM and LTM.
    High capacity/low capacity
    Long term/short term

Reeeeally challenging.

ReputationRep:
    Ok well yesterday! Would you all like to hear about my day...

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going on holiday in three weeks and realised a few days ago I lost my passport :facepalm: So I had to book an appointment at the London passport office and go in person to apply for a new one on the Fast-track service, so it will come in time for my holiday. Anyway I did all my form, went to get it countersigned a few hours before I was meant to leave, and the man made a mistake and spelt my name WRONG (have you heard of anyone called Lacinda before?!), so I had to make this mad rush to the post office which is ages away and fill it all in again, which takes sooo long. I finally get to the train station, and realise I've forgotten my passport photos, so I have to ring my mum up and get her to drop them off to me (bare in mind you have to be exactly on time for your appointment, too early too late they refuse to see you!), and on the way back home my mum was in a car accident :sad: Some women rammed into the back of her, she's OK but I felt so guilty cos it was my fault she was in the car.
    I got to London and realised I've never actually been to London on my own before, and I had no idea where I was going cos normally I just follow everyone else. Took me ages to find the tube, and when I got off the tube I couldn't find the passport office anywhere. FINALLY I get there with moments to spare, everything goes fine, then on the way back to the tube I realise I've lost my return ticket :facepalm2: So I have to go buy a single back to Southend, I'm on a ticket machine with a massive queue behind me and it won't accept my bloody £20, everyone's getting annoyed with me so I have to queue at the ticket counter for about half an hour instead. I finally get my ticket, and then cos I get totally confused I end up going to the north/southbound line and nearly end up on a tube to Sussex, when I realise my mistake I try to go on the Eastbound but my ticket is suddenly broken (bcos i used it for north/southbound), so every time I go through a barrier (rush hour!!) I hold everyone up and have to be swiped through.
    Then I'm about to go down the stairs to the station when suddenly a massive alarm goes off and this man pulls a big metal screen in front of the stairs and a big sign says "DO NOT ENTER", and then about 10 policeman and sniffer dogs go down to the tube station, this all takes about 20 minutes and it's during RUSH HOUR so there is a huge queue behind with me at the front, finally he opens it and there's a huge mad rush and I swear I nearly fell down the stairs, then at the station it's totally packed and lots of men are shouting trying to make sure it doesn't get overcrowded, and I end up having to stand next to some sweaty fat man and every time the carriage jolted I'd end up with my face in his armpit - really NOT pleasant.
    Now everything goes well, I get to Fenchurch, get all the way to Southend, and then realise I've forgotten something SLIGHTLY important on the train. I have a folder where I keep all my important documents, and I left it on the train. These include; every single one of my exam certificates from GCSE-A2, my birth certificate, my national insurance card, my NHS card, a bank statement, an old passport, all my contact details, EVERYTHING. Oh and seeing as I don't have a passport for another week, technically at the moment I do not exist!!!

So yeah... I doubt anyone read that but it was a crap day all round! So typical of me, I go to London to replace a passport because I lost it, then manage to lose every other piece of identification I possibly own!

Bad times. :sad:
    Wow, that sounds horrible! :console: :hugs:
    Is your mum okay?
    Maybe you can call the train company to see if someone may have picked up your folder and given it in?

I hate public transport during rush hour, its too hectic. :sadnod:

There's a reason I've been avoiding this thread.

It all seems so final :sad:

ReputationRep:
    14 Days 14 Hours 33 Minutes & 15 Seconds

ReputationRep:
    Damn, thats one horrible day! :eek:

Hopefully you get your stuff back.

ReputationRep:
    In exactly two weeks time, i would have literally crapped my pants a bizzilion times.

The 19th is gonna suck. :sad:

Hopefully the 20th won't! :awesome:

Pahahahahaha 2 weeks to go for you guys..

It's my turn to laugh like you guys invaded our thread and laughed...pahahahahahahahaha

:P

In all seriousness, good luck.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Pahahahahaha 2 weeks to go for you guys..

It's my turn to laugh like you guys invaded our thread and laughed...pahahahahahahahaha

:P

In all seriousness, good luck.
    so when did track update for you guys? :teeth:

(Original post by sleekchic)
    so when did track update for you guys? :teeth:
    :awesome:

What the hell is "track"...I'm guessing it's UCAS where all your offers are?

I'm in 5th year which translates into Year 12 for you guys, so I'll be getting offers this year.

As for the rest of the people, reading through our ahem gigantic thread, it updated for some a few hours later.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.