Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :awesome:

What the hell is "track"...I'm guessing it's UCAS where all your offers are?

I'm in 5th year which translates into Year 12 for you guys, so I'll be getting offers this year.

As for the rest of the people, reading through our ahem gigantic thread, it updated for some a few hours later.
    oh how helpful :p:

A few hours later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Wow, that sounds horrible! :console: :hugs:
    Is your mum okay?
    Maybe you can call the train company to see if someone may have picked up your folder and given it in?

I hate public transport during rush hour, its too hectic. :sadnod:
    That's what I'm waiting to find out at the moment, it doesn't look good though :sad:

Thanks everyone for your sympathy The only consolation is that I had my Edexcel results plus pin in the folder, which is the only way I can get my results on the 20th, but thankfully I've already signed up so I don't need it anymore. That would NOT have been good....

Going to give it a bit longer to see if anything turns up then going to have to report it to the police. And my mums car is going to have to be scrapped! The only reason she was at home is because she was sent home with swine flu symptoms. Deaary me my family had a bad day yesterday!

(Original post by sleekchic)
    oh how helpful :p:

A few hours later?
    I wasn't keep tracking, I was furiously contemplating my academic position and contact universities to find out what grades I would need to get in my last year.

Maybe you should ready through our ahem gigantic thread.

ReputationRep:
    Wheres the countdown clock btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Ok well yesterday! Would you all like to hear about my day...

I'm going on holiday in three weeks and realised a few days ago I lost my passport :facepalm: So I had to book an appointment at the London passport office and go in person to apply for a new one on the Fast-track service, so it will come in time for my holiday. Anyway I did all my form, went to get it countersigned a few hours before I was meant to leave, and the man made a mistake and spelt my name WRONG (have you heard of anyone called Lacinda before?!), so I had to make this mad rush to the post office which is ages away and fill it all in again, which takes sooo long. I finally get to the train station, and realise I've forgotten my passport photos, so I have to ring my mum up and get her to drop them off to me (bare in mind you have to be exactly on time for your appointment, too early too late they refuse to see you!), and on the way back home my mum was in a car accident :sad: Some women rammed into the back of her, she's OK but I felt so guilty cos it was my fault she was in the car.
    I got to London and realised I've never actually been to London on my own before, and I had no idea where I was going cos normally I just follow everyone else. Took me ages to find the tube, and when I got off the tube I couldn't find the passport office anywhere. FINALLY I get there with moments to spare, everything goes fine, then on the way back to the tube I realise I've lost my return ticket :facepalm2: So I have to go buy a single back to Southend, I'm on a ticket machine with a massive queue behind me and it won't accept my bloody £20, everyone's getting annoyed with me so I have to queue at the ticket counter for about half an hour instead. I finally get my ticket, and then cos I get totally confused I end up going to the north/southbound line and nearly end up on a tube to Sussex, when I realise my mistake I try to go on the Eastbound but my ticket is suddenly broken (bcos i used it for north/southbound), so every time I go through a barrier (rush hour!!) I hold everyone up and have to be swiped through.
    Then I'm about to go down the stairs to the station when suddenly a massive alarm goes off and this man pulls a big metal screen in front of the stairs and a big sign says "DO NOT ENTER", and then about 10 policeman and sniffer dogs go down to the tube station, this all takes about 20 minutes and it's during RUSH HOUR so there is a huge queue behind with me at the front, finally he opens it and there's a huge mad rush and I swear I nearly fell down the stairs, then at the station it's totally packed and lots of men are shouting trying to make sure it doesn't get overcrowded, and I end up having to stand next to some sweaty fat man and every time the carriage jolted I'd end up with my face in his armpit - really NOT pleasant.
    Now everything goes well, I get to Fenchurch, get all the way to Southend, and then realise I've forgotten something SLIGHTLY important on the train. I have a folder where I keep all my important documents, and I left it on the train. These include; every single one of my exam certificates from GCSE-A2, my birth certificate, my national insurance card, my NHS card, a bank statement, an old passport, all my contact details, EVERYTHING. Oh and seeing as I don't have a passport for another week, technically at the moment I do not exist!!!

So yeah... I doubt anyone read that but it was a crap day all round! So typical of me, I go to London to replace a passport because I lost it, then manage to lose every other piece of identification I possibly own!

Bad times. :sad:

you really had a bad day. hope you get your certificates back

ReputationRep:
    14 days

Am I the only person on this forum that is having problems sleeping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La Esmerelda)
    Wheres the countdown clock btw?
    http://howlongisituntilresultsday.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    14 days

no i am as well, so you're not alone!
    results day is still quite far away at the moment, so i'm expecting it to get worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    char[/s].]http://howlongisituntilresultsday.co.uk/
    Cool!

ReputationRep:
    14 days

nope, my sleeping pattern is well and truly messed up, didn't get to bed til 3 this morning at woke up at 7 :p:

ReputationRep:
    14 days

your not alone

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was up till 5:45 this morning. And woke up at 10.30 for some dodgy reason.

Still more sleep than kaytee. so i guess I'm better off. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    yeah i was up till 5:45 this morning. And woke up at 10.30 for some dodgy reason.

Still more sleep than kaytee. so i guess I'm better off. :p:
    I usually sleep more than that, at least 5 or 6 hours :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm determined not to check Track.
    My plan is too have a wee Whiskey before i go to bed on the 19th, and hopefully get a good night's sleep from about 1/2am after doing my bit on this thread.
    Rise at 7 - have a Shower, grab a Starbucks and head to College. Will also flick on the TV - normally show people getting Results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Ok well yesterday! Would you all like to hear about my day...

I'm going on holiday in three weeks and realised a few days ago I lost my passport :facepalm: So I had to book an appointment at the London passport office and go in person to apply for a new one on the Fast-track service, so it will come in time for my holiday. Anyway I did all my form, went to get it countersigned a few hours before I was meant to leave, and the man made a mistake and spelt my name WRONG (have you heard of anyone called Lacinda before?!), so I had to make this mad rush to the post office which is ages away and fill it all in again, which takes sooo long. I finally get to the train station, and realise I've forgotten my passport photos, so I have to ring my mum up and get her to drop them off to me (bare in mind you have to be exactly on time for your appointment, too early too late they refuse to see you!), and on the way back home my mum was in a car accident :sad: Some women rammed into the back of her, she's OK but I felt so guilty cos it was my fault she was in the car.
    I got to London and realised I've never actually been to London on my own before, and I had no idea where I was going cos normally I just follow everyone else. Took me ages to find the tube, and when I got off the tube I couldn't find the passport office anywhere. FINALLY I get there with moments to spare, everything goes fine, then on the way back to the tube I realise I've lost my return ticket :facepalm2: So I have to go buy a single back to Southend, I'm on a ticket machine with a massive queue behind me and it won't accept my bloody £20, everyone's getting annoyed with me so I have to queue at the ticket counter for about half an hour instead. I finally get my ticket, and then cos I get totally confused I end up going to the north/southbound line and nearly end up on a tube to Sussex, when I realise my mistake I try to go on the Eastbound but my ticket is suddenly broken (bcos i used it for north/southbound), so every time I go through a barrier (rush hour!!) I hold everyone up and have to be swiped through.
    Then I'm about to go down the stairs to the station when suddenly a massive alarm goes off and this man pulls a big metal screen in front of the stairs and a big sign says "DO NOT ENTER", and then about 10 policeman and sniffer dogs go down to the tube station, this all takes about 20 minutes and it's during RUSH HOUR so there is a huge queue behind with me at the front, finally he opens it and there's a huge mad rush and I swear I nearly fell down the stairs, then at the station it's totally packed and lots of men are shouting trying to make sure it doesn't get overcrowded, and I end up having to stand next to some sweaty fat man and every time the carriage jolted I'd end up with my face in his armpit - really NOT pleasant.
    Now everything goes well, I get to Fenchurch, get all the way to Southend, and then realise I've forgotten something SLIGHTLY important on the train. I have a folder where I keep all my important documents, and I left it on the train. These include; every single one of my exam certificates from GCSE-A2, my birth certificate, my national insurance card, my NHS card, a bank statement, an old passport, all my contact details, EVERYTHING. Oh and seeing as I don't have a passport for another week, technically at the moment I do not exist!!!

So yeah... I doubt anyone read that but it was a crap day all round! So typical of me, I go to London to replace a passport because I lost it, then manage to lose every other piece of identification I possibly own!

Bad times. :sad:
    Wow, sounds like an awful day, poor you :hugs: Have you got your documents back or are they still sat on the tube somewhere?

ReputationRep:
    i did actually av the best nights sleep last night tht ive had in aaaaaaaaaaages. slept in til 11 which was a shock nd ended up 4gettin the scots got theyre results today! ...until i watched the news wen 1 of em was disappointed they got ABBC or summit- i wud av been thrilled wiv tht!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    I can't stop listening to this song when I worry bout the results, I don't know how but it makes me forget all about them lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0yo...eature=related
    Nickelback :love:
    Listen to "If Today Was Your Last Day". I LOVE that song, it's really feel good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I would be very happy with new spec AQA Psychology. They've abandoned essay questions for 2 mark questions - I suspect there will be many A*s.

I saw a paper and couldn't believe my eyes. Clearly, A levels are getting easier.
    The new specification for Edexcel languages is even more ridiculous. They don't even have a listening exam at A2! IT'S A LANGUAGE! How can you not have a listening exam for a modern foreign language? :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Nickelback :love:
    Listen to "If Today Was Your Last Day". I LOVE that song, it's really feel good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSnhpYFVSk
    this song makes me feel a bit better after thinking about my possible failure :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Wow, sounds like an awful day, poor you :hugs: Have you got your documents back or are they still sat on the tube somewhere?
    Thankfully it wasn't the tube it was just a normal train service. When I got off was three stops before the end of the line, so sometime between there it either got stolen or taken to lost property, because they couldn't find it at the end of the line :sad:

I was meant to ring up today to find out, but no-ones answering the phone! I'll have to report it to the police soon *sigh*

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.