Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    15 days people!

ReputationRep:
    That's awful!
    At mine at least there's no parents that come. I want to go as late as possible so all the smart people have gone with their A's... and it's not awkward when they ask what grades I got!!!

If you weren't a little worried, it'd be unnatural! :p:

But yeah, don't feel like you're letting people down! Have your own expectations and go with them! Live for yourself
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm not here for results day; I'm getting my results sent to me by post, so I'll have them on 26th August :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    Yeah, the problem isn't my expectations - it's everyone elses.
    This :yes:

I am in top set for most stuff so most teachers expect me to do well and i can't bare to imagine their reactions when i haven't done as well as expected

ReputationRep:
    Terrified beyond reason.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I feel terrible for all of you but I can't help but feel sort of good that I don't need to worry for the rest of the holidays since I already have the results(we got them today in Scotland)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enzo-259)
    Haha, I feel terrible for all of you but I can't help but feel sort of good that I don't need to worry for the rest of the holidays since I already have the results(we got them today in Scotland)
    You are SO lucky . . .I'm melting in my fear right now. . . anyway I hope you did well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    I know exactly what you mean

ReputationRep:
    Trying to to think about it..soo soon now

ReputationRep:
    You've already sat the ******* exams, you can't change your result now. Stop ******* worrying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    the new spec history is ridiculous. they removed an entire module, an entire country's involvement in 20th century history. those will be educated students. :yes:
    What exam board is that? Our college are switiching to AQA from OCR for the students starting AS this September, so I think grades will definately be going up there :p:

ReputationRep:
    i had to do 3 exams for work - it is worse when your employers have paid almost 2k in tuition and exam fees and basically a massive number of people know you have results coming out etc

at least with A levels and GCSEs you are only disappointing yourself and a few family members!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JW92)
    :yep:

If I didn't have all my parents, teachers and friends expecting me to do well then I probably wouldn't even be that concerned. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be so lols when everyone who said I will totally get an A in History finds out that I actually got a B.

If I got a B.

ReputationRep:
    i am confident i will get the results i hoped for... i hve my faith in GOD!!!....

ReputationRep:
    Ahh been out for 9 hours while having 3 hours sleep,arg...results day is slow creeping closer and closer...bugger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    You've already sat the ******* exams, you can't change your result now. Stop ******* worrying.
    I try to apply this logic when I start getting stressed about it, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    I already have mine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kawaii_innocence)
    You are SO lucky . . .I'm melting in my fear right now. . . anyway I hope you did well
    Don't worry. You always think you've done worse than you have so I'm sure you'll be fine. While I didn't do fantastically, I definitely did better than I was imagining for the week or so leading up to today. Do you not get the results until the 20th by the way? That's during school right? It's definitely better than standing by your front door for 4 hours wanting to vomit with fear :p: Not to mention having to open the envelope...

Well, good luck! I'm sure you've done perfectly well.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.