Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I think someone should hack into UCAS so that we can find out...:ninja:
    Lol why don't you?:ninja2: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I made a chocolate cake today which required absolute precision, it took my mind off results day. Well anyways I'm going to cut me a slice of cake!!! Yummmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I made a chocolate cake today which required absolute precision, it took my mind off results day. Well anyways I'm going to cut me a slice of cake!!! Yummmm
    Share? :puppyeyes:
    I love cake. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emsybean)
    :console:

Whatever happens happens, just plan ahead for anything your results might bring. Anyway, you could think you've hideously messed up and turned out to have done OK, that happened to me with my January modules - hope isn't lost yet
    Thanks. I just hope and pray that it works out. Last year for AS I wasn't really fussed because I knew I didn't work hard but still managed to get decent grades. This year has been so difficult, so much stress and I've really worked hard, there is nothing worse than failing when you have tried hard. I wouldn't care if I didn't work hard. I just hope the examiners remember that at the end of the day we are all human and have hopes and dreams of being successful.

ReputationRep:
    Ew cake is gross.

I need a peppered steak, bloody and salty.

I'm just here today because the computer froze and I lost a good 6 hours worth of Sims 3 work..... :'(

ReputationRep:
    I just realised I still remember my UCAS number...scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    That's all I've been doing with my time...baking. I think my local Sainsbury's will soon be out of flour eggs and baking powder at this rate. It's very therapeutic but at the same time too much like chemistry so I get put off. If only I was as good at chemistry as I am at making cakes, I'd get straight A's! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I wanna bake cakes now
    I made dinner for everyone tonight, my mum suggested it, 'get learning how to cook for uni' she says :rolleyes: I already know how to cook! Except tonight, I completely messed the shepherds pie up, I was making the gravy to go in it and instead of using a pint of water, I used 2......I obviously couldn't read the jug properly :p:

ReputationRep:
    this thread is so scary. can someone at least post something to cheer up wounded souls like mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    I'm a little worried.
    im UNBELIEVABLY WORRIED!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    The day before I think I will spend my time sorting out paper work, like printing out my ucas app. organising student finance and making sure I undertand the clearing process - I hope this will calm me down (being prepared and all that)
    Is there anything else that I will have to prepare/sort out?

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching the breakfast club now to cheer myself up

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to watch the first season of Lie To Me to pass the time. Just waiting for episodes to load, now. :ninja: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I need to read a 12 book series or watch a good movie.

ReputationRep:
    its 15 days :cry:
    i hate this wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I love that film :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosh_123)
    I don't know if it's true, but teachers at my school said that UCAS track is frozen this year - so we can't check if we've got into our uni or not :/ Very confused as people out of school say you can check on track... anyone know?
    Yeah It's true - it said it on the UCAS track bit of the website but I cant seem to find it.... I think it said it was frozen from the 12th or some time around there.
    Then it unfreezes just before 7 on the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    the new spec history is ridiculous. they removed an entire module, an entire country's involvement in 20th century history. those will be educated students. :yes:
    Yea I heard about that, jut typical lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    ooh i love that film! i might do that too after finishing this derren brown show on 4od

ReputationRep:
    I've just woken up! no dream but strangest sleeping pattern ever. After waking up at 3 in the afternoon earlier I then went back to sleep at ermmm like 6? and woke up at 10 ish. damn. a whole day gone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.