Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I'd hardly thought about it till I read this thread! It still seemed ages away! I'm just keeping busy by organising days out and watching films and thinking of the rest of the holidays. by planning little trips of way I get to spend time plannign for them so time goes by much quicker.

You know when you ckeck UCAS on the day, how do you know if you're in or not? Does the offer just change to unconditional or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbuttercupx)

You know when you ckeck UCAS on the day, how do you know if you're in or not? Does the offer just change to unconditional or what?
    Yeah, if you get into your Firm it will say 'unconditional'. (often your insurance says the same but since you got your firm, just ignore it)
    But sometimes your firm and/or insurance will still say 'conditional' - that means they are still making up their minds.
    Rejected is 'unsucessful'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I've just woken up! no dream but strangest sleeping pattern ever. After waking up at 3 in the afternoon earlier I then went back to sleep at ermmm like 6? and woke up at 10 ish. damn. a whole day gone.
    This is what happens when you go to bed at half past five and your parents don't wake you up at noon. :sadnod: Try to go to sleep at a proper time tonight (he says, sounding like a mother).

ReputationRep:
    If I ever get into a bad sleeping pattern I just stay up until it's the proper sleeping time (ie night time!) then you become like a normal person again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    This is what happens when you go to bed at half past five and your parents don't wake you up at noon. :sadnod: Try to go to sleep at a proper time tonight (he says, sounding like a mother).

there is no way i can go to sleep at a proper time tonight considering i only woke up an hour ago and it's already 11 pm!
    I guess i'll be awake all friggin' night now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    If I ever get into a bad sleeping pattern I just stay up until it's the proper sleeping time (ie night time!) then you become like a normal person again.
    Your sig is really scary :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    Your sig is really scary :sadnod:
    Don't you just love that feeling? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexQ)
    For me, personally, i'm more worried that i'll have let down, well, everybody, teachers, parents, friends etc.

I'll be glad when it's over...
    Same for me, really! Other than this, it all feels so long ago - there's no use in panicking because I wouldn't be able to cast my mind back even if I tried. Not really feeling the nerves this year in the same way I did last year.

Good luck, everyone!

ReputationRep:
    lol I can't believe that some of you have been posting on this thing all summer. You guys have stamina. But yeah as results is getting closer I'm beginning to get worried. I checked last years result sheet and they were printing the grades on them around this time.

ReputationRep:
    my post count would be larger had I not been banned for 3 weeks!!!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Don't you just love that feeling? :woo:
    NO! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    I swear your avatar is epilepsy inducing...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have one of those avatars. !
    sometimes put it up on msn. many peeps are not happy:p:

I am now unsubscribing myself from this thread.

I'd rather not think about it at all and for some reason that works results wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    NO! :eek3:
    hmm, well...that's surprising because someone repped me for my sig :rofl:
    so obviously someone loves it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    I swear your avatar is epilepsy inducing...:rolleyes:
    It's worse than my sig. :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's worse than my sig. :p:
    Yep, yours might just cause heart/panic attacks:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Yeah, if you get into your Firm it will say 'unconditional'. (often your insurance says the same but since you got your firm, just ignore it)
    But sometimes your firm and/or insurance will still say 'conditional' - that means they are still making up their minds.
    Rejected is 'unsucessful'.

Arg I'll be so nervous if it's still conditional!

ReputationRep:
    2 days
    64 hours
    3888 minutes
    233291 seconds

UNTIL ... WARRINGTON WOLVES VS WIGAN WARRIORS - CHALLENGE CUP SEMI-FINAL! (AND MY BIRTHDAY)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I tried that whole all-nighter thing to stop myself going to bed at 3 and getting up at 2 in the afternoon. Fair enough, my sleep pattern did change: to sleep at 5 am and wake up at 4. :rolleyes:

Been like that ever since I got a bad flu/cold at Christmas. But, at least it's, um, regular?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.