Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    To think that this time in two weeks we'll probably all be sat up on here stressing out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xbuttercupx)
    Honestly I'd hardly thought about it till I read this thread! It still seemed ages away! I'm just keeping busy by organising days out and watching films and thinking of the rest of the holidays. by planning little trips of way I get to spend time plannign for them so time goes by much quicker.

You know when you ckeck UCAS on the day, how do you know if you're in or not? Does the offer just change to unconditional or what?
    Well my brother's 'firm' changed to 'Accepted' and his insurance changed to Unconditional but that was back in 2005 but i presume it's still the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Yea I heard about that, jut typical lol
    Yep, things always seem to change for the easier just when we've been through the hard work... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    14 days :eek:

ReputationRep:
    damn, i'm away for the evening and you guys add almost 140+ posts! :shock:

Don't think I can keep up! :p:

Oh and guys 341 hours 56mins to go before edexcel results plus opens. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I had a terrible sleep and now I feel ill

ReputationRep:
    My mother had my first exam results day dream for me.
    Physics-A WOOP!
    Maths-A WOOP!
    Chemistry... -4%
    Thanks mum.
    ...I swear time goes slower in Norway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomBres)
    2 days
    64 hours
    3888 minutes
    233291 seconds

UNTIL ... WARRINGTON WOLVES VS WIGAN WARRIORS - CHALLENGE CUP SEMI-FINAL! (AND MY BIRTHDAY)
    :laugh: That made me chuckle! Oh anything interestin gplanned for your birthday? :teeth:

(Original post by 02mik_e)
    lol I can't believe that some of you have been posting on this thing all summer. You guys have stamina. But yeah as results is getting closer I'm beginning to get worried. I checked last years result sheet and they were printing the grades on them around this time.
    Yeah, we've got stamina! In more ways than one too! :hubba:

What date exactly did they start printing them out? I actually don't know where my AS results slips are! :o:

(Original post by SuperStaah)
    I'm going to watch the first season of Lie To Me to pass the time. Just waiting for episodes to load, now. :ninja: :p:
    I :love: that show! Its really good!

(Original post by Smeh)
    My mother had my first exam results day dream for me.
    Physics-A WOOP!
    Maths-A WOOP!
    Chemistry... -4%
    Thanks mum.
    ...I swear time goes slower in Norway.
    :lolwut: Mothers have dreams too!

but the chemistry 'grade' is rather suspicious! :p: Maybe she missed out the bit that said "wrong" at the end of your chemistry grade meaning you got 96% right! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    Should have spilt that into 4 separate posts! :ninja:

It'll increase our post count! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow TSR results-anxious insomniacs!

I've been reading and re-reading all of my prospectuses in a futile effort to get some sleep...

The night of August 19th is going to SUCK

ReputationRep:
    Whoever repped me for my avatar - thanks!! I laughed for AGES too, it's one of the funniest south park moments ever :p:

ReputationRep:
    Next week our universities would have recieved our results. Someone pinch me and tell me this torment of having to wait is non existent. Oh gosh here comes the panick attack. Yesterday this thread was really busy what happened today where is everyone have the Scotts killed our spirit? Lets keep the posts coming

Ahhhhh I'm so terrified, results day is officially only two weeks away!!!!

:banghead: :yikes: :eek3: :shock: :eek4: :zomg: :ahhhhh: :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in two states of minds as to whether I should check track. I do but then again I don't. But come 20th August I'll probably give in to temptation!!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel hideously sick about it.

More so the fact that I've got the actual day and day after off to sort everything out just in case it does go tits up.

Either way, I will be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery drunk on the 20th xD

ReputationRep:
    I love cookie crisp cereal :ninja: loool

6 hours until it is officially and 2 weeks until we officially find out what we got, I seriously don't see myself getting into uni :\ AAB in Uni of Birmingham....gah it seems like a long long long shot!

I love this thread to death btw, It gives me peace of mind knowing everyone is going through the same thing and are somewhat willing to talk about it, most of my friends are repressing it! loool how boring are they :P:

but yes I love you everyone, keep on trucking

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Medicine Man]:laugh: That made me chuckle! Oh anything interestin gplanned for your birthday? :teeth: QUOTE]

Up early - open cards and presents.
    The Pubs in Warrington are opening early ahead of the match - so will have my 1st Legal Pint at 10:30.

Coach at 11:30. Head to the Pubs around the stadium
    2:30 - Sing my heart out for the Wire!
    After the match - i hope i'll be in celebratory mood and then i'm off to town in the night.

And finalllyyy .. having a family and friends Partyy at my house on Sunday.

Pretty Boring I Guess!

ReputationRep:
    the days will fly by guys.

yikes it's thursday :eek3: :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I love cookie crisp cereal :ninja: loool

6 hours until it is officially and 2 weeks until we officially find out what we got, I seriously don't see myself getting into uni :\ AAB in Uni of Birmingham....gah it seems like a long long long shot!

I love this thread to death btw, It gives me peace of mind knowing everyone is going through the same thing and are somewhat willing to talk about it, most of my friends are repressing it! loool how boring are they :P:

but yes I love you everyone, keep on trucking
    I need AAB for Uni of Birmingham too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I need AAB for Uni of Birmingham too!

Totally sucks But I am taking a year out to rest because this stress prior to results day is obviously not healthy loll

What subject are you planning to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    the days will fly by guys.

yikes it's thursday :eek3: :erm:
    Everything is getting weird, like it is officially a fortnight til we get the results, it all seems so final, before when we had 3 weeks to go or 2 months to go, it seemed like a distant event now it just seems like everything now is surrounding that day... I am currently trying to contact everyone asking them what they want to do after *sighs*

How many people will be doing an all nighter with moi the night before?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.