Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Totally sucks But I am taking a year out to rest because this stress prior to results day is obviously not healthy loll

What subject are you planning to study?
    Psychology but I'm not sure whether I should still read psychology at university. I might take a gap year depending on my results and make sure that I'm productive in that gap year!

:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=DomBres]
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :laugh: That made me chuckle! Oh anything interestin gplanned for your birthday? :teeth: QUOTE]

Up early - open cards and presents.
    The Pubs in Warrington are opening early ahead of the match - so will have my 1st Legal Pint at 10:30.

Coach at 11:30. Head to the Pubs around the stadium
    2:30 - Sing my heart out for the Wire!
    After the match - i hope i'll be in celebratory mood and then i'm off to town in the night.

And finalllyyy .. having a family and friends Partyy at my house on Sunday.

Pretty Boring I Guess!

Sounds fun actually. And it'll take your mind off results day

My birthdays usually involve me going out and eating loads of chicken with some mates or whatever. :drool: My 18th was a huge night out in London though. Sadly no chicken. :sad: But steak is good! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    How many people will be doing an all nighter with moi the night before?
    *tentatively raises hand*
    It'll certainly be a night to remember, we'll make sure of that!

ReputationRep:
    Everything is getting weird, like it is officially a fortnight til we get the results, it all seems so final, before when we had 3 weeks to go or 2 months to go, it seemed like a distant event now it just seems like everything now is surrounding that day... I am currently trying to contact everyone asking them what they want to do after *sighs*

I'll be staying up that night too lol eating some chocolate cake and rocking back and forth!!

haha just wanted to ask anyone if their parents are more anxious about results day then you are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Psychology but I'm not sure whether I should still read psychology at university. I might take a gap year depending on my results and make sure that I'm productive in that gap year!

:eek3:
    Samee! Psychology my Insurance is Aston for a 4 year (sandwich year) Psychology course.

But of course it is for 2010, but yeah Psychology rocks socks :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i'm gonna be sensible and get some sleep. or shall i be a reckless being and stay awake all night. i honestly have no idea. i mean i can always sleep after right? grrrrr.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Medicine Man]
    (Original post by DomBres)

Sounds fun actually. And it'll take your mind off results day

My birthdays usually involve me going out and eating loads of chicken with some mates or whatever. :drool: My 18th was a huge night out in London though. Sadly no chicken. :sad: But steak is good! :teeth:
    Yep - it's come at a good time. Now instead of being nervous about Results, i get butterflies every time i think of the match.

Please God - Let Us Win This 1 Match! :mfing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelyus)
    *tentatively raises hand*
    It'll certainly be a night to remember, we'll make sure of that!
    Indeed, there shall be an abundance of food, alcohol, movies and spamming on this thread, yes indeedy :p:

(Original post by Zay18)
    I'll be staying up that night too lol eating some chocolate cake and rocking back and forth!!

haha just wanted to ask anyone if their parents are more anxious about results day then you are?
    Lol I'll join you with that rocking back and forth haha!

My parents are very laid back about it, well they seem it, they just have faith in me...so they don't really say much about results day..but I think that is the best way they could be rather than being neurotic about it or being so not bothered about it....

ReputationRep:
    Samee! Psychology my Insurance is Aston for a 4 year (sandwich year) Psychology course.

But of course it is for 2010, but yeah Psychology rocks socks :woo:
    Haha really, my insurance is Aston too. :yes:

ReputationRep:

I might get some sleep first (if thats even possible considering I've gone nocturnal), wake up at about 5am and join you guys for an hour or so. Then I'll check my results on ResultsPlus. If they're good, i'd probably dissapear for a bit (to scream my lungs out :p:), but if they are bad, i'd prob be on here trying to gather my thoughts before i break the news to my mum.

ReputationRep:

Yep - it's come at a good time. Now instead of being nervous about Results, i get butterflies every time i think of the match.

Please God - Let Us Win This 1 Match! :mfing:
    Fingers crossed. I'm sorry if i've missed this but whats the tournament?

ReputationRep:
    i think i might go down at about 4 or 5. wake at 7 or 8. then get ready :shifty: to go to school. fun.

ReputationRep:
    Arg, can't stop worrying about my History of Art exam! I ******* hate Modernism. One look at an Eileen Grey laquered-wood divider and I was gone. Gone down a path of irrational rage. So, I never did the essay about Grey (and got away with it :rolleyes: ), or Gerit Rietveld for that matter. SO, when the exam comes up and I get to the Modernism section, which two designers do I compare? What, Grey and Rietveld?!

I hate my brain.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody waiting on AS-level results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Fingers crossed. I'm sorry if i've missed this but whats the tournament?
    :eek:

Rugby League Challenge Cup Semi-Final.
    Warrington Wolves vs Wigan Warriors.

It's on BBC1 from 2pm on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    Anybody waiting on AS-level results?
    I am!

ReputationRep:

Rugby League Challenge Cup Semi-Final.
    Warrington Wolves vs Wigan Warriors.

It's on BBC1 from 2pm on Saturday.
    Oh I knew that! :o:

Like the little plug at the end! :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    I am!
    lol.
    I really ****** up one of my exams and am worried about it. Although I see a lot of people saying that AS levels don't matter because there are always resits. But then would it not ruin my uni application?

ReputationRep:
    ...seconds before Marmaduke woke him with a clout[marmaduke's a baby btw]
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    This not being able to sleep does have it's good points - I get so much more done!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.