Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :laugh: That made me chuckle! Oh anything interestin gplanned for your birthday? :teeth:

Yeah, we've got stamina! In more ways than one too! :hubba:

What date exactly did they start printing them out? I actually don't know where my AS results slips are! :o:

I :love: that show! Its really good!

:lolwut: Mothers have dreams too!

but the chemistry 'grade' is rather suspicious! :p: Maybe she missed out the bit that said "wrong" at the end of your chemistry grade meaning you got 96% right! :woo:
    For my OCR one it was the 1st of august. For my AQA one it was the 6th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Haha really, my insurance is Aston too. :yes:
    Cooool You could help me with my studies when I finally (hopefully) go there

I might get some sleep first (if thats even possible considering I've gone nocturnal), wake up at about 5am and join you guys for an hour or so. Then I'll check my results on ResultsPlus. If they're good, i'd probably dissapear for a bit (to scream my lungs out :p:), but if they are bad, i'd prob be on here trying to gather my thoughts before i break the news to my mum.
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i think i might go down at about 4 or 5. wake at 7 or 8. then get ready :shifty: to go to school. fun.

I plan to sleep during the day hopefully on the 18th I'll be going to Thorpe Park.. so I'll be knackered, try and stay awake, sleep at like 6am until like 6pm, then try and nap some more, then wake up at like 11pm and be awake for the whole night eating, cooking, dancing...whatever comes to mind..of course TSR'ing :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    lol.
    I really ****** up one of my exams and am worried about it. Although I see a lot of people saying that AS levels don't matter because there are always resits. But then would it not ruin my uni application?
    I know, I hate it when people say that! They don't have my mother! B = failure, resit = failure, etc. etc.

Even my Dad, although he doesn't mean to, when he calls the students coming in soon for Uni resits the "no-hopers"! Damnit, Dad, you're not helping! lol

ReputationRep:
    sorry im just sharing random things with ya'll :sadnod: :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    For my OCR one it was the 1st of august. For my AQA one it was the 6th.
    *screams*

The time is NOW!! Its commenced! The printing has commenced!
    :afraid: :headfire::woo: :stomp: :yikes: :gasp: :shock: :eek2: :sigh: :bricks: :yucky: :argh: :coma: :cry: :sad: :puke: :pinch: :bawling: :banghead: :rant: :mad2: :sadnod: :zomg: :no:

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god...this time...in two weeks...we'll all be up...posting...panicking...screa ming...fainting...jumping out of our windowing...

:headfire:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    I know, I hate it when people say that! They don't have my mother! B = failure, resit = failure, etc. etc.

Even my Dad, although he doesn't mean to, when he calls the students coming in soon for Uni resits the "no-hopers"! Damnit, Dad, you're not helping! lol
    My parents don't care at all and would be happy if I got 3 D's lol. Although one of my friends mum had her in tears on March results day, I felt so bad. So what subjects do you study. I can't sleep and this Summer has been boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    sorry im just sharing random things with ya'll :sadnod: :getmecoat:
    Continue, please

Watching Twilight for the first time...I am officially statistic

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't care at all and would be happy if I got 3 D's lol. Although one of my friends mum had her in tears on March results day, I felt so bad. So what subjects do you study. I can't sleep and this Summer has been boring.
    Don't worry, I'll be up for a while! lol

I do Maths, Politics, French and History of Art. When I got a B in Maths at half term, my mum *****ed at me even though I was only 2% of an A! I would kill to have my friends' parents, they don't care so much!

I think I have my As in most of my subjects, but I'm worried about getting a B in History of Art (explained in earlier post). My mum wants me to go to Oxbridge (not that I would mind if I could get in!) so basically it's all As at AS or no chance! ARG.

ReputationRep:
    Since you are all so bored you can help me decide on a course.
    I am thinking of either Business (Accounts/Management etc.) or Computer Science. I have an equal interest in both but can't decide. Need to know before I start my ps. Anybody and experience with these courses, which one is better in your opinion.
    Thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    Arg, can't stop worrying about my History of Art exam! I ******* hate Modernism. One look at an Eileen Grey laquered-wood divider and I was gone. Gone down a path of irrational rage. So, I never did the essay about Grey (and got away with it :rolleyes: ), or Gerit Rietveld for that matter. SO, when the exam comes up and I get to the Modernism section, which two designers do I compare? What, Grey and Rietveld?!

I hate my brain.
    That made a pleasant whooshing sound as it flew right over my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panglossian)
    That made a pleasant whooshing sound as it flew right over my head.
    Basically I'm a moron because I wrote about in my exam two people I never studied properly because they annoyed me when I could have picked any other two people out of the 20-odd we did!

The exam was two months ago and I still can't over my own stupidity!

ReputationRep:
    *screams*

:afraid: :headfire::woo: :stomp: :yikes: :gasp: :shock: :eek2: :sigh: :bricks: :yucky: :argh: :coma: :cry: :sad: :puke: :pinch: :bawling: :banghead: :rant: :mad2: :sadnod: :zomg: :no:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I do Business, Accounts and ICT. I would be very happy with a B/C lol. I think I have maybe 3 B's because I got A's in January but slacked off a bit in June :o: . I go to a really crap school and have really crap teachers, I have taught myself mostly everything :L

I won't be aiming for a very high uni, maybe one in the 30's of the league tables :p:
    Lol, don't worry, I'm supposed to go to a "good school" but pretty much all my English skills are self-taught. According to my school, Geography teachers who can barely spell are totally appropriate to teach English. :rolleyes:

Tbh, I wish I didn't get all As all the time. I mean, sure it's fun in a way, but if you slip up once it's like my entire year group wants to know what the hell happened and are so pleased just because one of them beat me. It's so annoying, it's not like I make fun of any of them for getting lower than me! That and I apparently I have a really hard-working/nerdish reputation. Oh, if only they knew of my diploma in Procrastination.

I hear you about slacking off in June. Before I went into my Politics exam, I had the intention of starting my revision an hour before (Don't judge me!) but I was hungry and went to Subway instead. :rolleyes: Ten minutes "revision"? Oy.

To be fair, it was the day after the Champions League Final and I was a bit depressed lol.

ReputationRep:
    *screams*

*Hoping that any Ds get a black line smudged across the middle during printing*

ReputationRep:
    ARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH . That will be all...and regarding the dropping of random info, just watched The Hangover

ReputationRep:
    i need some routine and structure in my life. no commitments-nothing-i feel like im not existing :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Basically I'm a moron because I wrote about in my exam two people I never studied properly because they annoyed me when I could have picked any other two people out of the 20-odd we did!

The exam was two months ago and I still can't over my own stupidity!
    Thinking about what you wrote in an exam is the worst thing for nerves; I refuse to let myself do it. You always count the things you got wrong, rather than the marks you picked up. Be positive

ReputationRep:
    damn. need to tidy my room. i have ten cups in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    *Hoping that any Ds get a black line smudged across the middle during printing*
    :laugh:

Wouldn't that be great! :awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.