Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addict88)
    A-level results have been postponed have a look at the Sky News website.

not
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    haha I don't think ppl here are desperate enough to believe that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    2 weeks people
    well only 13 days now (less than 2 weeks) :woo:

(Original post by Joy Division)
    well only 13 days now (less than 2 weeks) :woo:
    Yea if your going by times

I'm just going generally thursday to thursday timing. [That made no sense :p:]

ReputationRep:
    I can't even begin to imagine what I'll be feeling in two weeks time. ARGHHHH!!

(Original post by scaryhair)
    I can't even begin to imagine what I'll be feeling in two weeks time. ARGHHHH!!
    Provided tracks gone live by this time in 2 weeks you'll know if your got your firm/insurance places or not by now

Now thats a scary thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Provided tracks gone live by this time in 2 weeks you'll know if your got your firm/insurance places or not by now

Now thats a scary thought
    I know! Hopefully I'll be feeling on top of the world, if I get into Newcastle I may just run up and down my street naked :ninja:

(Original post by scaryhair)
    I know! Hopefully I'll be feeling on top of the world, if I get into Newcastle I may just run up and down my street naked :ninja:
    Hehe, that'd be an experience.

I hope that is the case though (well not doing that obviously, just you wanting too coz you got into Newcastle )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Hehe, that'd be an experience.

I hope that is the case though (well not doing that obviously, just you wanting too coz you got into Newcastle )
    It would indeed :p:
    Well, at the very least I would be dancing around my house shouting at the top of my voice "I GOT INTO TO NEWCASTLE, I GOT INTO NEWCASTLE..."
    :daydreaming:
    I hope you get into Reading too Well, I hope everyone gets the grades they need to here

ReputationRep:
    This time in 2 weeks we will know if we got the grades we needed. AAAaaaaaaHHHHHhhhhhhhh :-0

Think I'll go for a run to take my mind off things lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    *screams*

The time is NOW!! Its commenced! The printing has commenced!
    :afraid: :headfire::woo: :stomp: :yikes: :gasp: :shock: :eek2: :sigh: :bricks: :yucky: :argh: :coma: :cry: :sad: :puke: :pinch: :bawling: :banghead: :rant: :mad2: :sadnod: :zomg: :no:
    Actually I don't think printing will commence to at least tomorrow, remember the results were a week earlier last year, the 14th? So if OCR started prinitng on the 1st it means they wouldn't until the 7th this year which is tomorrow and if other exam boards printed on the 6th they wouldn't until the 12th this year, but it is still very close

ReputationRep:
    ahhh in 1 week our uni choices will know our results

ReputationRep:
    13 days, 23 hours, 29 minutes and 13 seconds

ReputationRep:
    The Clearing ads scare me, they're just always there following me...:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I had my first exam dream last night although it made little sense as I randomly had a GCSE History result of 100% and then had failed to meet my uni offer due to getting 51% in English A Level- I don't even do english anymore! LOL. The closer it gets the more panicked i feel i can't think of anything else and my family is getting sick of hearing me talk about results day. At least results day is also my birthday so something to look forward to at least!

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone else BOILING last night? I couldn't sleeep so all I thought about was exams It was horrible. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ARE HORRIBLE. Imagine what I'm going to be like in two weeks AHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Had a very vivid results day dream last night, I got ACCD (even tho I only do 3 A Levels?) and the D was in the subject I needed to get an A in! The dream was SO realistic that when I woke up I sttill felt sad and humiliated...

ReputationRep:
    I think in two weeks time I will still be shaking from nerves, even though I should have logged onto Track and gone into college to get my grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    Was anyone else BOILING last night? I couldn't sleeep so all I thought about was exams It was horrible. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ARE HORRIBLE. Imagine what I'm going to be like in two weeks AHHHH

yep it was really hot but with a fan and hardly any clothes on slept fine:p: the first time in 3 weeks!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    ahhh in 1 week our uni choices will know our results
    I wish they could just put us out of our misery and inform us directly.

Track does all of the dirty work so they don't have to! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I wish they could just put us out of our misery and inform us directly.

Track does all of the dirty work so they don't have to! :ahee:

what would be better if ucas email us the chnages rather than emailing to say track had changed

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.