Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    The majority of TSR users will be like this on results day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmnPOrK2sUk

:rolleyes:
    haha I have seen that before :p:
    I wish I could get 5 As...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Leo August Horoscope: Slow and difficult period till the 16th August 2009. Aggressive and energetic period from 17th August 2009.

lol :p:
    LOL aggressive and energetic? Jumping up and down and running round in circles going crazy waiting for results? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    When is track going to freeze? Is it gonna be when the unis get our results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    LOL aggressive and energetic? Jumping up and down and running round in circles going crazy waiting for results? :rofl:
    Loool there is probably going to be sooo much mood swings that week, sounds near enough correct, going thorpe park on Wednesday, results day on Thursday, my birthday is on Friday... Might force my friends to come out with me on Monday or Tuesday to kill the time *sigh* lool

ReputationRep:
    The Lunar Eclipse in your own offbeat sign of Aquarius could signal a change in the way you present yourself. This is a situation that has been brewing since the last Eclipse in Aquarius approximately one year ago and could concern a partner of a romantic or business nature. On August 19 when Jupiter forms an aspect of fate with Saturn in the house of other people's money and desire (possibly for other peoples' money) there could be finality to a long-debated issue. On August 20, the New Moon is in Leo in the house of partnership where it meets the Sun and a new bonding could be sealed.
    A new bonding with a university perhaps? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Bonding with cheap vodka more like. Drowning our sorrows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    When is track going to freeze? Is it gonna be when the unis get our results?
    I think they freeze track 1 week-ish before it updates (around 12th) even though Uni's I think receive results a few days before the 20th, they do this because they if they do it on the day that the Uni's receive the results, there might be a glitch or they might get it early and we would see the updating :O so mmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    thats what im hoping

ReputationRep:
    I'm not one for following horoscopes but people posting theirs made me curious..

You have the gambling spirit and you may call upon that spirit in making a decision this month. The Lunar Eclipse on August 5 shines its bright light on the taking a chance axis of your chart. You've been dealing with restrictive Saturn in your work life for the past two years and it may not have been easy. On August 19 Jupiter, the cosmic Santa Claus, will form what is thought of as an aspect of fate to the planet Saturn. If that isn't enough incentive to think about making a change, the New Moon in Leo on August 20 falls into the house of chance or risk taking. It could be a friend or an organization you belong to aids and abets your desire for change.

making a change?! Wish i'd never read that now, it sounds too accurate. Trust results to make me paranoid enough to even believe horoscopes :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Bonding with cheap vodka more like. Drowning our sorrows.
    Not helping! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    I'm not one for following horoscopes but people posting theirs made me curious..

You have the gambling spirit and you may call upon that spirit in making a decision this month. The Lunar Eclipse on August 5 shines its bright light on the taking a chance axis of your chart. You've been dealing with restrictive Saturn in your work life for the past two years and it may not have been easy. On August 19 Jupiter, the cosmic Santa Claus, will form what is thought of as an aspect of fate to the planet Saturn. If that isn't enough incentive to think about making a change, the New Moon in Leo on August 20 falls into the house of chance or risk taking. It could be a friend or an organization you belong to aids and abets your desire for change.

making a change?! Wish i'd never read that now, it sounds too accurate. Trust results to make me paranoid enough to even believe horoscopes :unsure:
    :zomg: omg how does it know that!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    wth is 'cosmic santa claus' though? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    this topic has been reduced to paranoid horoscope spamming, thanks to me :o:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just had the nicest (!!) results day dream I've had so far.
    7am, checked track, I'd gotten into York!! Then I felt myself waking up.

I honestly thought it was real. But, hopefully a premonition?

ReputationRep:
    this topic has been reduced to paranoid horoscope spamming, thanks to me :o:

Positive influences will be felt this month due to your birth in Leo Moon Sign (Simha Raasi). The month will begin on a low note, due to poor energy/ stamina and even confidence at times.

It will however be compensated with a strong will, dynamism and good support from your circle of friends. Determination will be high, although you could suffer some pressures due to work of competition. Speech and expression after the 20th August 2009 will get you rich returns. Hard work will be richly rewarded.

Career will be in a gainful, active and fulfilling phase. You will get a lot achieved this month till the 16th August 2009 due to your hard work. Thereafter good gains will follow. Some pressures and issues from foreign/ overseas sources could be felt after the 22nd August 2009. Being diplomatic in work areas will always be useful.

Pressures in work environment will remain high this month. You will experience good support from subordinates and colleagues but will experience a dip after the 22nd August 2009.
    Family life will be average this month. Much better prospects will be fell after the 20th August 2009.

Money and Financial position would be average but cause concern at times till the 19th August 2009.
    20th August 2009 onwards very good inflows will come in. You will find hard work and taking up challenges will increase monetary position. Income will be good this month throughout.

Investment will be positive, although you should not borrow any money to invest. Maximum gains will come after the 20th August 2009.

*cough* I still hate horoscopes sometimes because you will have faith in them, and then they say something bad

*sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)

Positive influences will be felt this month due to your birth in Leo Moon Sign (Simha Raasi). The month will begin on a low note, due to poor energy/ stamina and even confidence at times.

It will however be compensated with a strong will, dynamism and good support from your circle of friends. Determination will be high, although you could suffer some pressures due to work of competition. Speech and expression after the 20th August 2009 will get you rich returns. Hard work will be richly rewarded.

Career will be in a gainful, active and fulfilling phase. You will get a lot achieved this month till the 16th August 2009 due to your hard work. Thereafter good gains will follow. Some pressures and issues from foreign/ overseas sources could be felt after the 22nd August 2009. Being diplomatic in work areas will always be useful.

Pressures in work environment will remain high this month. You will experience good support from subordinates and colleagues but will experience a dip after the 22nd August 2009.
    Family life will be average this month. Much better prospects will be fell after the 20th August 2009.

Money and Financial position would be average but cause concern at times till the 19th August 2009.
    20th August 2009 onwards very good inflows will come in. You will find hard work and taking up challenges will increase monetary position. Income will be good this month throughout.

Investment will be positive, although you should not borrow any money to invest. Maximum gains will come after the 20th August 2009.

*cough* I still hate horoscopes sometimes because you will have faith in them, and then they say something bad

*sighs*
    You forgot the bit in red :p: 'You will experience good support from subordinates and colleagues but will experience a dip after the 22nd August 2009.' is probably referring to jealously from your friends after having got into uni. :p: :p:

...yours is so good!

ReputationRep:
    You forgot the bit in red :p: 'You will experience good support from subordinates and colleagues but will experience a dip after the 22nd August 2009.' is probably referring to jealously from your friends after having got into uni. :p: :p:

...yours is so good!
    but it might be liiiiesss!! Ahh the conundrum of horoscopes...you want to believe it but then they say something bad will happen, and I believe with karma so me getting happy about what the horoscopes says may alter my grades some how ¬_¬..... so superstitious:p:

ReputationRep:
    Can we stop this. You're not an old lady. Seriously, you have to be an idiot to listen to horoscopes. It doesn't make sense or have plausible explanation on why it should work. So yeah, whats the point of using them?

Might aswell flip a coin and say heads you have failed and tails you have passed. Although, atleast then that would be objective instead of a bunch of vague words strung together that could mean whatever you want it to mean.

P.S. Seriously, stop it now. I mean it. Last year it took to ten hours before the results to get to this sorry state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Can we stop this. You're not an old lady. Seriously, you have to be an idiot to listen to horoscopes. It doesn't make sense or have plausible explanation on why it should work. So yeah, whats the point of using them?

Might aswell flip a coin and say heads you have failed and tails you have passed. Although, atleast then that would be objective instead of a bunch of vague words strung together that could mean whatever you want it to mean.

P.S. Seriously, stop it now. I mean it. Last year it took to ten hours before the results to get to this sorry state.
    oooo someones in a bad mood :p:

ReputationRep:

Horoscopes are fun, seeing if they make sense or not, plus it is boredom that is making me want to check it out, seriously if you are getting annoyed with the "sorry state" of this thread, unsubscribe.

ReputationRep:

Ooooh, someone's tetchy :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.