Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    i heard he's on the time of the month :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not in a bad mood.

Its just horoscopes don't make any sense at all.

ReputationRep:
    'It could be that there is a sudden opportunity or turn in your career path and in how the public views you. You may think this is a shake-up and you would rather avoid the road less taken, but give it a chance, Taurus. The New Moon on August 20 is in the house of communication and you'll be projecting positive and optimistic energy.'

Yikes. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Can we stop this. You're not an old lady. Seriously, you have to be an idiot to listen to horoscopes. It doesn't make sense or have plausible explanation on why it should work. So yeah, whats the point of using them?

Might aswell flip a coin and say heads you have failed and tails you have passed. Although, atleast then that would be objective instead of a bunch of vague words strung together that could mean whatever you want it to mean.

P.S. Seriously, stop it now. I mean it. Last year it took to ten hours before the results to get to this sorry state.
    we're just having some fun, of course we know they aren't the truth.
    loosen up man!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    we're just having some fun, of course we know they aren't the truth.
    Exactly, it is fun just seeing the "possibilities" or whatever they are, anywho lets change discussion

Who has put on weight this summer :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Exactly, it is fun just seeing the "possibilities" or whatever they are, anywho lets change discussion

:sigh: i have a double chin forming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowermaster91)
    :sigh: i have a double chin forming
    I put on weight during the exam period, I put on a stone and I have been trying to fight the bulge this whole summers holiday and have failed, last week I had a pizza hut and mcdonalds because I was depressed

I feel I am going to have another fast food blowout nearer towards the time of results

ReputationRep:
    i havent even thought about results until today. the post just came, i got a postcard from my firm choice telling me what to do if i dont get the grades! :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

So much from not having to walk around sixth form all the time and trek from the main building to the other one JUST to go to Biology. Stupid labs being on the total other side from English & Theatre...

ReputationRep:

Ugh, I have. :sigh:
    I was stressing so much during the exam period that I ate too much. :sad:
    I keep meaning to join the gym, but I never get around to it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I put on weight during the exam period, I put on a stone and I have been trying to fight the bulge this whole summers holiday and have failed, last week I had a pizza hut and mcdonalds because I was depressed

I feel I am going to have another fast food blowout nearer towards the time of results
    I put on weight over the exam period too, about 7 pounds. I've lost about 3 pounds but I can't seem to shift the rest and get back to my old shape. :sigh:
    I keep telling myself that it's not me that's getting too fat for my jeans, it's my jeans shrinking in the wash :p: :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    So much from not having to walk around sixth form all the time and trek from the main building to the other one JUST to go to Biology. Stupid labs being on the total other side from English & Theatre...
    :O wow that sounds like a lot of exercise you're missing :p:

This summer has been weird, like I dont remember what I did in the beginning, I think I just slept for a whole month, doing nothing! That probably made my weight worse! But was it just me, first month of the summer holidays seemed to of went REALLY slow! I remember 2 weeks into the holidays I thought it was 2 months lol

ReputationRep:

same ....im going to try eat a bit more healthy but im failing,especially since im surrouded by biscuits

ReputationRep:
    Can't exercise when stressed.

ReputationRep:
    I've lost some by some miracle! It will all go back on over results with copious amounts of drinking though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Ugh, I have. :sigh:
    I was stressing so much during the exam period that I ate too much. :sad:
    I keep meaning to join the gym, but I never get around to it. :p:
    Lol I have a gap year so I might join one if I get a job

(Original post by scaryhair)
    I put on weight over the exam period too, about 7 pounds. I've lost about 3 pounds but I can't seem to shift the rest and get back to my old shape. :sigh:
    I keep telling myself that it's not me that's getting too fat for my jeans, it's my jeans shrinking in the wash :p: :o:
    Ooh at least you have lost some of that weight... everything I wear is tight makes going out a bother because I am always wearing baggy hoodies and stuff, trying to hide the bulge
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :O wow that sounds like a lot of exercise you're missing
    It really is I had biology every single day... That's a lot of walking

im going to try eat a bit more healthy but im failing,especially since im surrouded by biscuits
    I tried that... but there's a chocolate cheesecake in the fridge with my name on it

ReputationRep:
    Ooh at least you have lost some of that weight... everything I wear is tight makes going out a bother because I am always wearing baggy hoodies and stuff, trying to hide the bulge
    Yeah that's what I hate about it most - just being uncomfortable because everything is really tight. It's weird though, because I got some new clothes the other day which are size 8, but the jeans that were so tight I couldn't even get in them were also size 8. I think clothes sizes are getting bigger :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    same ....im going to try eat a bit more healthy but im failing,especially since im surrouded by biscuits
    I am trying to eat the minimal this week, I havent eaten for 14 hours so yay :ninja:

(Original post by Simplicity)
    Can't exercise when stressed.
    I feel vigorous exercise with music keeps my mind temporarily off results and allows me to work off some of the stress I have

(Original post by Steph708)
    I've lost some by some miracle! It will all go back on over results with copious amounts of drinking though.
    Lucky! lol I hope the excess drinking will be for a good reason

(Original post by mazzles)
    It really is I had biology every single day... That's a lot of walking

Sounds like it, you should dance, dancing is fun and keeps your mind off things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah that's what I hate about it most - just being uncomfortable because everything is really tight. It's weird though, because I got some new clothes the other day which are size 8, but the jeans that were so tight I couldn't even get in them were also size 8. I think clothes sizes are getting bigger :ninja:

They are!! And I get so upset when I don't fit in clothes because I feel massive! *sigh*... and I am already very curvaceous my hips are like 44... :\ so putting on weight doesn't make me feel better! :thumbsdown:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.