Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Ah, a lot of my friends had trouble with Biology, as well. :dontknow: All the best with results.
    I'm scared I'll get a C for photography, but I'm hoping Leicester will be lenient and let me in, anyway!
    Same, 3 of my friends do Biology/Human Biology and all shared the same teacher, that the whole college (even the teachers) seem to hate! LOL she is a right ***** apparently :\ and has blatant favourism for male students!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick at the thought of Thursday, and I'm convinced I've missed my offer, don't see how there's any way I can have met it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Hahah! I'm planning on doing "Chunky choc orange cookies" :coma:
    Mmmmmm, i think i might have to have one of those melt in the middle puddings, it's calling my name...
    My reasoning is that it is exercise to walk to the kitchen :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I feel sick at the thought of Thursday, and I'm convinced I've missed my offer, don't see how there's any way I can have met it.
    Same Don't know why I do not find it plausible that I have got 3 A's/AAB in my results...the whole idea seems far-fetched to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Oh my god...this time...in two weeks...we'll all be up...posting...panicking...screa ming...fainting...jumping out of our windowing...

:headfire:
    Lol I thought you said farting... I was like, speak for yourself! :tongue:

Two weeks guys! Ahhhh :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ah, a lot of my friends had trouble with Biology, as well.
    The papers were just horrible I literally made up a series of bonds and answered a five marker with one sentence. Failure, imminent.

(Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Same, 3 of my friends do Biology/Human Biology and all shared the same teacher, that the whole college (even the teachers) seem to hate! LOL she is a right ***** apparently :\ and has blatant favourism for male students!
    At my sixth form, the biology teacher that I had for both L6 and U6 was the rowing coach for the J16 boys, and so that was ALL he talked about. I could sit an A level in rowing knowledge for the non-rower, but biology.... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    same try not to worry about it, you never know you may be pleasantly suprised - some uni's take you even if you haven't quite met the required grades. plus if worst comes to the worst there is always begging and then clearing...

has anyone else got thunder and lightning at the moment?? it's putting a downer on my day :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)
    Mmmmmm, i think i might have to have one of those melt in the middle puddings, it's calling my name...
    My reasoning is that it is exercise to walk to the kitchen :ninja:
    Ooooh I love those And you're right, it is exercise. My shopping for ingredients to make said cookies is also exercise :p:
    I like all this food chat, it's taking my mind off what this thread is about :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I love those And you're right, it is exercise. My shopping for ingredients to make said cookies is also exercise :p:
    I like all this food chat, it's taking my mind off what this thread is about :p:
    It makes me sad knowing that my boyfriend is a better cook than me, is that weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Lol I thought you said farting... I was like, speak for yourself! :tongue:

Two weeks guys! Ahhhh :eek3:
    Well, you never know.
    I had a friend once who farted when she laughed, which made her laugh more, and fart more, and laugh more etc etc. It was quite hilarious!
    Therefore, you may be laughing in relief of getting the grades you need, and farting because you are laughing!
    Yeah, that's my logic for you

ReputationRep:
    Same Don't know why I do not find it plausible that I have got 3 A's/AAB in my results...the whole idea seems far-fetched to me
    I need ABB to get into my Uni and I think I'll end up with BBB, I needed 93/120max to get an A overall in the only subject it was viable for me to get an A in and that just seems like an awful lot, I have heard, though, that my Uni is pretty flexible so I'm just praying they take pity on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    At my sixth form, the biology teacher that I had for both L6 and U6 was the rowing coach for the J16 boys, and so that was ALL he talked about. I could sit an A level in rowing knowledge for the non-rower, but biology.... :eek3:
    Lol how fun!! :p: ahh there are some teachers in my college that make me wonder how they got into teaching in the first place lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It makes me sad knowing that my boyfriend is a better cook than me, is that weird
    Nah, exploit it! It means he can make you lovely meals and teach you how to cook
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me hungry now. Not scared. I may have to go raid the fridge...

hh there are some teachers in my college that make me wonder how they got into teaching in the first place
    For the lols? Or to make the even worse ones look better, cause they actually stay on topic?

ReputationRep:
    I need ABB to get into my Uni and I think I'll end up with BBB, I needed 93/120max to get an A overall in the only subject it was viable for me to get an A in and that just seems like an awful lot, I have heard, though, that my Uni is pretty flexible so I'm just praying they take pity on me.
    I have heard that my firm and insurance can be stingey about results, just hope I can persuade the pants off them! lool :p:

Nah, exploit it! It means he can make you lovely meals and teach you how to cook
    Wow! Great idea! I kinda have be slowly doing that, the pasta bolognese was his recipe well (I helped him make the meat sauce, he cooked the meat lol) and I am getting better, and one day I shall prevail in the kitchen, what a wonderous day that would be!!
    hehe it is nice having someone who has a natural flair in the kitchen but he NEVER lets me cook for him when I am at his house and he hasnt been to my house yet because my parents are all weird about it even though I have been with him for 2 years :p:

But he is a bossy boots in the kitchen!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, a lot of my friends had trouble with Biology, as well. :dontknow: All the best with results.
    I'm scared I'll get a C for photography, but I'm hoping Leicester will be lenient and let me in, anyway!
    Same, but I have this horrible feeling that I've got 1 or 2 Cs :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I have heard that my firm and insurance can be stingey about results, just hope I can persuade the pants off them! lool :p:

I have my fingers crossed for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    This thread is making me hungry now. Not scared. I may have to go raid the fridge...

For the lols? Or to make the even worse ones look better, cause they actually stay on topic?
    Going to make a nice dinner in an hour

I think it is both, I had two psychology teachers and one was a bit loopy and never taught much of the syllabus! he was a fun teacher I guess but I hated the feeling that each second in that class moved me closer to ultimate failure! That is why I started to miss lessons :p:

I missed A LOT of lessons in all my subjects :\ I am just a lazy person but I learnt my lessons from last year and caught up on 99.9% of my work So woooo

ReputationRep:
    I have my fingers crossed for you!
    Thank you! Best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    You guys just made me so hungry loll :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.