Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just had lunch...and a Kit Kat. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Well, you never know.
    I had a friend once who farted when she laughed, which made her laugh more, and fart more, and laugh more etc etc. It was quite hilarious!
    Therefore, you may be laughing in relief of getting the grades you need, and farting because you are laughing!
    Yeah, that's my logic for you
    LOL your friend sounds brilliant! Although perhaps a bit smelly :tongue: Although I'm getting my results on my own so it wouldn't matter if I did haha. Does anyone think it's sad what I'm going to do, I'm getting my results on Edexcel plus and don't like the idea of looking at a computer screen, so I'm going to cover them up with a book and print the page off, not look at it in the printer and then go to my special spot over my road and look at it there.... It works for me OK!! :tongue:

Oh by the way, for anyone who's interested, the train station found my folder this morning!! I got everything back

In sucha happy mood! woooo
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Going to make a nice dinner in an hour

I think it is both, I had two psychology teachers and one was a bit loopy and never taught much of the syllabus! he was a fun teacher I guess but I hated the feeling that each second in that class moved me closer to ultimate failure! That is why I started to miss lessons :p:

I missed A LOT of lessons in all my subjects :\ I am just a lazy person but I learnt my lessons from last year and caught up on 99.9% of my work So woooo
    Yeah - mine was like that. L6th was like, rowing man & fun New Zealand man for biology... no wonder I did so badly last year... This year it was rowing man & DECENT TEACHER. Hopefully some of his good teaching went in!!

I would have loved to have missed lessons and done my own thing instead, but I would have just wasted time playing guitar or piano or writing a script or something. That, and our sixth form started regestering us at the beginning of each lesson and if we were caught bunking we'd get a detention on Friday afternoon. Effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    LOL your friend sounds brilliant! Although perhaps a bit smelly :tongue: Although I'm getting my results on my own so it wouldn't matter if I did haha. Does anyone think it's sad what I'm going to do, I'm getting my results on Edexcel plus and don't like the idea of looking at a computer screen, so I'm going to cover them up with a book and print the page off, not look at it in the printer and then go to my special spot over my road and look at it there.... It works for me OK!! :tongue:

Oh by the way, for anyone who's interested, the train station found my folder this morning!! I got everything back

Yayyyy :woo:

(Original post by mazzles)
    Yeah - mine was like that. L6th was like, rowing man & fun New Zealand man for biology... no wonder I did so badly last year... This year it was rowing man & DECENT TEACHER. Hopefully some of his good teaching went in!!

I would have loved to have missed lessons and done my own thing instead, but I would have just wasted time playing guitar or piano or writing a script or something. That, and our sixth form started regestering us at the beginning of each lesson and if we were caught bunking we'd get a detention on Friday afternoon. Effort.
    Arg the buggerness of sixth form I don't know how every one got up to get registered, I didn't go to a Sixth Form but some of my friends did, and they hated being registered! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    You guys just made me so hungry loll :P
    No need to thank us :p:

(Original post by Joy Division)

:O

:O:O

Lucky :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)

oh thats really good

(Original post by Heir-Head)
    I feel sick at the thought of Thursday, and I'm convinced I've missed my offer, don't see how there's any way I can have met it.
    Same.
    :s:

This is one thing thats driving me :crazy:

Why do you torture us with your sig? :s::woo:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Arg the buggerness of sixth form I don't know how every one got up to get registered, I didn't go to a Sixth Form but some of my friends did, and they hated being registered! lol
    Was quite literally the longest thing ever. They only started doing it at the beggining of the summer term just gone - so pointless; we're not gonna bunk of so close to the start of study leave! It's cause of the new head that's coming in September - everybody already hates her, but nobody's met her yet. I'm glad I got out when I did!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I feel sick at the thought of Thursday, and I'm convinced I've missed my offer, don't see how there's any way I can have met it.
    Isn't it Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    :O

:O:O

Lucky :sigh:
    Time to burn off the fat with some more spamming. :p:

ReputationRep:
    College have told me that I have to wait untill midday to pick up my results.
    Si I'll check track at 7ish and then have to wait 5 hours to find out my grades. If I'm rejected from both that will be the worse 5 hours ever. :no:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Isn't it Wednesday?
    It's the 20th. Thursday after next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    Why do you torture us with your sig? :s::woo:
    I'm so sorry, it's a defence mechanism, I need it to be there to help me get through what is a difficult period for us all. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yayyyy :woo:

I know! Thank you for your sympathy yesterday!

Oh and also thank you for your posts, I've been reading through the thread and you always make me laugh! lol

Hope you get the results you want! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time track will be updated on the 20th??
    I'm so nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    It's the 20th. Thursday after next.
    omg of course, I don't know why I asked that now...going a bit crazy here. :woo:

I'm so sorry, it's a defence mechanism, I need it to be there to help me get through what is a difficult period for us all. :sadnod:
    Well that ^^ made me laugh a little :s:

Are you going top change it to anything more freaky on the 19th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    oh thats really good
    I know! Thank you for your concern yesterday

I can join in with the spam chat now I don't have anything to worry about! :tongue: :ninja:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Pr!ya)
    Does anyone know what time track will be updated on the 20th??
    Sometime between 6 and 8am. Last year it was like 7.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.