Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Steph708)
    Ahh i'm slightly jealous, no one wants to go out the night before because they want to save all their money for results night. So i'm having a drinking/cooking session with my mum haha.
    Yeahh, saving money is good. No matter what, it will involve drinking, cause my wardrobe is full of alcohol from my houseparty 2 months ago. And I need to get rid of it, or I'm gonna have to drag it to Uni with me (if I get in). If people are lazy... then I'm gonna be in bed on this thread with everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I am glad to of made you laugh We all need 2 laugh around this time because if we don't we might not make it to the 19th :ninja:

I hope you also get the grades you want! What grades are you hopefully planning to get?
    Lol we definitely do! Although all this food talk is just going to make me fat haha, well I need an A in History (just one result, I've already done 2 A-levels plus general studies!), but I'm pretty sure I got a B or maybe even a C :sad: What about you?

We should so all do a prediction of what we think we're going to get, and see how it compares on results day! Might be depressing for some of us but hopefully will be good for people next year who see us all saying "C/D" and really getting "A/B"!

Oh and, REALLY not impressed with my horoscope, or should I say HORRORscope :hmmm:

The Lunar Eclipse on August 5 is in Aquarius, the very same sign of the 2008 Eclipse. Any unfinished business lingering from last year's lunation gets a second chance for resolution this month.
    AKA I only did 2 A-levels last year and now am doing the third to get into uni!

Jupiter is also in Aquarius, along with Neptune and the North Node, giving this Eclipse a dose of optimism and healing energy as a bonus. On August 19, Jupiter will form a quincunx with Saturn and many will feel a tug of war between long-time structure and breaking free of restrictions.
    AKA freaking out about uni and results!

The quincunx is sometimes thought of as an aspect of fate and you may feel as though you are being held in the grip of a friendly universe and guided toward a date with destiny. The New Moon is on August 20 in the sign of Leo heightens the drama of this month.
    Drama??!!! Is that good or bad? :sad:

I hate horoscopes! lol

ReputationRep:
    If you lot are bored watch LivingTV on Sky 114, and watch these 3 year old kids be exploited by their parents!

ReputationRep:
    August would be an average month since you could experience some blockage and setback in your plans and suffer from negative thinking and ego on account of your birth in Aries Moon Sign (Mesha Raashi).

Progress would come once you come to terms with the issues and set down to taking things in your hand after 17th August 2009. You will turn more dynamic, aggressive and active. Your work and domestic environment will improve after the 20th August 2009. Both these changes will ensure good progress come in the second half of the month.

Career will be average, since certain blocks that you experienced during January – April 2009 could revisable you. You should avoid new projects or high level of risks now. Patience in career this month would be richly rewarded next month and beyond October 2009.

Work environment could remain stressful till the 19th August 2009 and improve thereafter.

I don't believe in horoscopes but the dates are pretty accurate....

ReputationRep:
    GUYS I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM NOTTINGHAM SAYING MY OFFER IS UNCONDITIONAL!! I DIDNT KNOW IT COULD COME EARLY??

Noooooooot. But on a more serious note, I think I'm either gonna miss my offer marginally or just miss it by miles

ReputationRep:
    Guys. I think I'm going to join you lot in freaking out about results next, next week and lurking around in the middle of the night in dread-filled insomnia.

Between my friends and I, I seem to be the only one who is having an early panic-attack about August 20th. I'm hoping you guys can help me kill time. If that means freaking me out even more, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    "You are very closely connected to your intuition this week, and as if that wasn't enough, your dreams are more powerful as well. Pay attention to both, as they may have some important messages for you. The start of the week may be quite intense as Mercury moves to trine Pluto in Capricorn. This may coincide with a period of research and in-depth conversation. You can use your very powerful focus generated at this time to resolve any outstanding issues."
    :eek: my recurring dream of failing....oh noes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caronnn)
    Guys. I think I'm going to join you lot in freaking out about results next, next week and lurking around in the middle of the night in dread-filled insomnia.

Between my friends and I, I seem to be the only one who is having an early panic-attack about August 20th. I'm hoping you guys can help me kill time. If that means freaking me out even more, then so be it.
    Welcome to the madness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Lol we definitely do! Although all this food talk is just going to make me fat haha, well I need an A in History (just one result, I've already done 2 A-levels plus general studies!), but I'm pretty sure I got a B or maybe even a C :sad: What about you?

We should so all do a prediction of what we think we're going to get, and see how it compares on results day! Might be depressing for some of us but hopefully will be good for people next year who see us all saying "C/D" and really getting "A/B"!

Oh and, REALLY not impressed with my horoscope, or should I say HORRORscope :hmmm:

The Lunar Eclipse on August 5 is in Aquarius, the very same sign of the 2008 Eclipse. Any unfinished business lingering from last year's lunation gets a second chance for resolution this month.
    AKA I only did 2 A-levels last year and now am doing the third to get into uni!

Jupiter is also in Aquarius, along with Neptune and the North Node, giving this Eclipse a dose of optimism and healing energy as a bonus. On August 19, Jupiter will form a quincunx with Saturn and many will feel a tug of war between long-time structure and breaking free of restrictions.
    AKA freaking out about uni and results!

The quincunx is sometimes thought of as an aspect of fate and you may feel as though you are being held in the grip of a friendly universe and guided toward a date with destiny. The New Moon is on August 20 in the sign of Leo heightens the drama of this month.
    Drama??!!! Is that good or bad? :sad:

I hate horoscopes! lol
    :yes: Horoscopes suck!

I need to get an AAB :eek: I did Psychology, Sociology and Government & Politics! I hope I can get an A in Psychology since I want to study it in University, Sociology is meant to be the easier so maybe getting and A in that, Politics hasn't always been my strongest subject however if all went well we never know

Oh gosh the thought has made me feel sick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley90)
    GUYS I JUST GOT A LETTER FROM NOTTINGHAM SAYING MY OFFER IS UNCONDITIONAL!! I DIDNT KNOW IT COULD COME EARLY??

Noooooooot. But on a more serious note, I think I'm either gonna miss my offer marginally or just miss it by miles
    i believed it as well....:getmecoat:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    For the Gemini's among us :

"At the very least, the August 20 new moon will allow you to take a trip, and although it might not take you far or keep you away for very long, it will be fun. Here are some tips for you to use. Try not to travel on Friday, August 21, when your ruler, Mercury, will precisely oppose Uranus. There could be mechanical problems in the conveyance you use. Or you may find that obstacles come up unexpectedly in other ways. "

... So I'm gonna go to uni or get kicked out? Or I'm going away on the 22nd (which I am) and I come back a week later... WHAT?

"One day, August 18, will be a very rough day, for it will bring Mars in hard angle to Uranus. On this day there is a danger that you will find yourself at odds with a VIP. August 19 will be one of the most difficult days of the month, and I would never suggest you travel on this day. After all, Mars will be in Gemini. "

Thank you for stating the obvious...

"Finish everything you have to complete this month, as next month you'll have to watch and wait as things become volatile and begin to change."

So I'm going?

STUPID HOROSCOPES!

ReputationRep:
    Monthly Horoscope for August 2009

August promises to be a month of two parts: before and after 23rd.:eek:
    The latter days of the month could be particularly volatile ? especially over 25th/26th when considerable will-power will be needed. A decision :eek: about your domestic (family? Property?) decision has to be taken. What you don?t need then is for others to be pouring over what could be spoils of war. Thus, the more you can resolve before 23rd the better. Action taken during the first few days ? and then around the Full Moon (6th), together with changed partnership arrangements should prove productive ? giving you the ammunition needed to deal with a tricky situation ? and have a resolution that suits you ? by 21st. Seeds planted between 13th and 18th have great potential too. Though pinning certain people down won?t be easy in the initial stages, the vision behind a plan is set to gather momentum (and financial reward) before the end of the year.

omdaizzz its weird dont even get half of it im peices btw

ReputationRep:
    Haha i'm the one freaking out in my friends and get told repeatedly to stop talking about results! I can't help it though, it's like word vomit, only exclusively about results vomit.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Haha i'm the one freaking out in my friends and get told repeatedly to stop talking about results! I can't help it though, it's like word vomit, only exclusively about results vomit.
    I'm the same. Everyone keeps telling me to shut up! I can't help it that I'm scared!!!

ReputationRep:
    My friends keep saying that it's in the past and nothing can be changed. That doesn't help. That makes me freak even more! I can't even resit! :eek3: But yes, 'vomit' and 'insomnia' seem to be good words to sum up results.

Is there a horoscope for Capricorn out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I'm the same. Everyone keeps telling me to shut up! I can't help it that I'm scared!!!
    My friends temporarily hate me because I randomly say "20th August".. during conversations lol :p:

(Original post by miz_perfecto)
    13 Days 13 Hours 47 Minutes & 38 Seconds :p: :p: :p: :yes: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    My friends temporarily hate me because I randomly say "20th August".. during conversations lol :p:
    looooooooooool :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)

my pleasure:p: :rolleyes: :p:

13 Days 13 Hours 15 Minutes & 13 Seconds

ReputationRep:
    My friends keep saying that it's in the past and nothing can be changed.
    YES so do mine! They ask me why i'm worrying when i can't change it!It's not like I like worrying...

& http://www.horoscope.com/ though be warned, some arn't nice... haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.