Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    Beating the Scottish thread? I've posted in both... :o:
    :
    :eek:

Traitor! :p:

Then again I posted in there too, but no one needs to know that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I just had lunch...and a Kit Kat. :sigh:
    Heh, that's my cat's name (don't ask :rolleyes:). Caused me to do a double take. :p:

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    Same, but I have this horrible feeling that I've got 1 or 2 Cs :erm:
    Same. :sad:
    Its a horrible feeling!

(Original post by kaytee.)
    I did photography, just hoping the examiners didn't choose my work to look at because my tutor lost my final unit
    :eek: Really? That sucks!
    All of my coursework was lost last year, so they had to send off a 'lost coursework' form, but it didn't help much. I had to retake my whole AS photography units, while doing my A2 work, at the same time. It was hectic! :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Yeah!!

I haven't been on pretty much all day and there are far too many posts to keep up with. I just come on, have a look at a few posts, and quote a few people here and there.

But then again, we do have an ulterior motive by posting so often!
    :evil:
    It's so hard to keep up with this thread unless your on it all day and night which is impossible. It took me an hour to read all your posts and I've become a nervous wreck I think I'll go calm myself down by baking as it is rather therapeutic!!!!

Ahhh next week our uni's get our results :eek3:

Has anyone lost any weight due to the stress of results day, or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    13 Days 13 Hours 47 Minutes & 38 Seconds :p: :p: :p: :yes: :rolleyes:
    I think my heart just stopped. :sigh:

Has anyone else got a calendar where they're marking off the days till 20th August? I was just looking at mine, now, and it seems so close!
    I'm glad, but having a nervous breakdown at the same time. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Has anyone lost any weight due to the stress of results day, or is it just me?
    Well I'm certainly eating a lot less due to the stress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    :cry:
    I can just imagine all the evil admissions tutors logging onto Track at midnight and ticking the check boxes next to the students who have missed their offers and then clicking the 'reject' button. Then they will go 'MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHA'.
    :cry:
    The evil *******s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)

Has anyone else got a calendar where they're marking off the days till 20th August? I was just looking at mine, now, and it seems so close!

i wouldnt be able to do that........
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Imperious_Leader)
    What's everyone's 'Results Day Eve' ritual? For GCSEs I didn't have one, I actually managed to get a whole night's sleep somehow and wasn't at all nervous!
    For ASs I basically listened to loud music, watched tons of TV and spent the majority of the night not being able to sleep, I managed about 2 hours in the end.
    It seems that last year all the A2ers resorted to alcohol. I have an unopened bottle of Jack Daniels reserved for the evening of the 19th if it all gets too much.
    Drink. I have a box of strongbow, a box of some beer, a box of WKD and some vodka. I'm set.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    The evil *******s
    :ottid: :ottid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Drink. I have a box of strongbow, a box of some beer, a box of WKD and some vodka. I'm set.
    Alchie :sigh:

Lol joking :p: I am hoping to mix drinks on that day without my parents knowing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :eek:

Traitor! :p:

Then again I posted in there too, but no one needs to know that
    :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Same, I'm just hitting the hard stuff but not too much as I don't want an epic hangover the day after or to still be drunk. Also, I'll need some to drown my sorrows.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding it difficult to find ways of keeping their minds from results? I was wondering if anyone knew that if I needed 179 on the UMS which is a middle D for one of my Maths modules whether I would need to get every question right at all? I only need 179 to get my overall C to get my place in University. I fear the day and having to apologise to my parents for being a failure. I fallen ill during one paper and found it so hard and there are questions I made mistakes with but tried to make up with the other paper. Both papers are worth 27.5% each. The UMS for the last module is 165 - 198 for a D grade. Is 179 in the middle then? I'm sorry for troubling you all on here. I just didn't want to lose my offer as I won't be given another opportunity and its all down to my stupid health.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm certainly eating a lot less due to the stress.
    Yup me too! I used to exceed my 2000 daily recommended allowance of calories, however now I find myself only consuming 500, which is only a quarter. I think results day is really getting to me!!!

:no: :sad: :bawling:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Alchie :sigh:
    Barely I had a post-exams & 18th party at my house and it's what we had left So I took it and hid it in my room so my mum wouldn't take it away. :woo:

Same, I'm just hitting the hard stuff but not too much as I don't want an epic hangover the day after or to still be drunk. Also, I'll need some to drown my sorrows.
    I don't get hangovers I have nothing to worry about. I'm certain I won't drink it all, so I'll definately have some left over to start my drinking again after I've checked Track.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)

Yeah, I do! Hi Five! I keep it beside my bed and tick off the days each morning. How saaaad!

ReputationRep:
    I keep forgetting that its results soon, then I remember and its pretty unpleasant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalek2009)
    Is anyone else finding it difficult to find ways of keeping their minds from results? I was wondering if anyone knew that if I needed 179 on the UMS which is a middle D for one of my Maths modules whether I would need to get every question right at all? I only need 179 to get my overall C to get my place in University. I fear the day and having to apologise to my parents for being a failure. I fallen ill during one paper and found it so hard and there are questions I made mistakes with but tried to make up with the other paper. Both papers are worth 27.5% each. The UMS for the last module is 165 - 198 for a D grade. Is 179 in the middle then? I'm sorry for troubling you all on here. I just didn't want to lose my offer as I won't be given another opportunity and its all down to my stupid health.
    Yep, most people here are just spamming their way to results day on here. :p:

What exam board are you doing, that's weird. I thought all maths A Levels were made of 6 modules worth 100 UMS each?

ReputationRep:
    My mate's birthday is on the 20th and we've asked him to take the countdown off of his MSN cause we're all ridiculously petrified that we're not going to get in anywhere and will end up eating raccoons with stoats for dinner for the rest of your lives!

-breathe-
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zay18)
    It's so hard to keep up with this thread unless your on it all day and night which is impossible. It took me an hour to read all your posts and I've become a nervous wreck I think I'll go calm myself down by baking as it is rather therapeutic!!!!

I've had no internet for a couple of days and I've suddenly come back on this thread, and had about 30 pages to trawl through. I just keep having sudden bursts of "Oh my god it's results in X number of days" when I'm around and about, so have to come on here to assure myself that I'm not the only one panicking...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.