Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    before i go lol:

13 days, 15 hours, 15 minutes and 46 seconds

ReputationRep:
    Just made some chocolate flapjacks which turned out great, it took my mind off results day for about an hour and now I'm back panicking because it's just actually dawned on me that we only have two weeks!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone got an email from UCAS? Seeing it made me have a mini heart attack! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Am I allowed to be this nervous when it's "only" AS?
    Sure you're allowed to be this nervous. Last year it was the same for me.
    This year however it's twice as bad as I didn't do too great last year, was sad for about a week but soon got over it as nearly everyone did retakes and life wasn't too bad.
    This year however it does seem like life and death.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Just made some chocolate flapjacks which turned out great, it took my mind off results day for about an hour and now I'm back panicking because it's just actually dawned on me that we only have two weeks!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, anyone got an email from UCAS? Seeing it made me have a mini heart attack! :eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
    What does it saaay?! Is this recent? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    huh?? i have no such email! no im panicking that i haven't got one!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    huh?? i have no such email! no im panicking that i haven't got one!?
    It's nothing important, just advertising random stuff.

ReputationRep:
    I just woke up from a rough ish ~9 hour sleep so I've missed quite a bit but I've read all the pages and the topics that arose I've commented on- :p: And I havent even had breakfast yet and I thought I'd do this first:rolleyes: shows my dedication to the thread:puppyeyes:

Horoscopes:
    didn't read anyones posts on them just a few bold bits; that's how supersticious I am[and I dont even believe in them]. I'm so odd I feel that the results can just magically change wherever they lie right now :p: I'm gemini btw if anyone was wondering!

Weight: Not weighed myself in ages. I think I'll die when I see 10 stone or something. I think every part of me has grown and it's not good. I'm getting no exercise at all. I'm eating twice a day atm due to this horrid sleeping pattern but still feel so bloated

OK It took me about an hour to get through all the last pages I missed-5 hours worth of posts as I was gone for that long plus longer..asleep:p:
    And it's half 6 now nearly and I've not even had any food yet:sigh:

predictions for results: I think i'll get an awful ABCD or if I'm ''lucky'' ABBD. but i don't want either:no:
    I have no regrets though A's or E's I know I tried my hardest. :sigh:
    anyway brb in a bit and please don't progress 10 pages more until i'm back:p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is recent I recieved it today, don't worry it's nothing serious. Its just that when I saw it I was thinking don't remind me about results day. The email was only about meeting friends before you go to university you don't have to worry.

ReputationRep:
    I can't keep up with this thread! :work:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Going to make a nice dinner in an hour

I think it is both, I had two psychology teachers and one was a bit loopy and never taught much of the syllabus! he was a fun teacher I guess but I hated the feeling that each second in that class moved me closer to ultimate failure! That is why I started to miss lessons :p:

I missed A LOT of lessons in all my subjects :\ I am just a lazy person but I learnt my lessons from last year and caught up on 99.9% of my work So woooo
    I know this was from 3 hours ago but I'm still trying to catch up on this thread...

I completely stopped going to certain classes near the end of the year. English was "taught" by reading through the texts in class and our German teacher (a substitute to replace a teacher on maternity leave) didn't even know the layout of the paper and repeatedly asked me to translate passages for her as she couldn't do it. There was absolutely no point in being there but I got in so much trouble for "skipping class" when I was actually doing useful work in the library instead. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagsMysh)
    i havent even thought about results until today. the post just came, i got a postcard from my firm choice telling me what to do if i dont get the grades! :eek3:
    Hi, u've applied to Actuarial Science at City, what were your AS grades like?

ReputationRep:
    Just cooked made and ate. Cooking is so relaxing. :o: I think all the chopping and slicing releases the stress. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Yep, most people here are just spamming their way to results day on here. :p:

What exam board are you doing, that's weird. I thought all maths A Levels were made of 6 modules worth 100 UMS each?
    Hi,
    Its GCSE Mathematics with AQA Specification B. I was bullied during my GCSE's but need my grade C in Maths to get onto my Uni course. Do you think I would need every mark to get a middle D at all?

ReputationRep:
    Not for the superstitious!

It is 13 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes and 13 seconds until UCAS updates :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I'VE JUST FOUND SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHEN RESULTS DAY IS.

:eek3: :lolwut: :shock: :yikes: :zomg: :gasp:
    Have they not seen my sig? :hmmm:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Hasan)

And now it's not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billiejean81)
    2 weeks is so far away. As much as I want it to hurry up I keep remebering that these are the last weeks of summer for me :-( So depressing.

Im reading the general uni discussion forums and it's getting me all excited but then i remember I might fail and wont experiance it for a long time talk about bursting the bubble
    Oh yeah :woo: you become really optimistic then right afterwards you feel stupid for doing so... :sigh: It's a roller coaster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)

Just as I read that there was a massive horror movie cliche lightning strike/thunderclap lol :eek:

ReputationRep:
    if i cud do anything to make forget that results day is in 13 days i wud but i can't think of anything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Have they not seen my sig? :hmmm:
    No. But it's okay. I'm still crying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.