Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)

What about an extensive hobby?

But what
    I am hopefully going to be going out a lot next week and forcing my friends to buy alcohol so I can learn how to mix drinks before my 18th birthday lol because after reading a thread on here about sweet alcoholic drinks, I have become obsessed with the idea of mixing drinks :p:

I might learn the dance from Michael Jackson's Beat It video, that would be cool
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zorg)
    It's easier to push your body clock forwards than back. So best way to get back to normal sleeping pattern is to sleep later and later until eventually you are sleeping at normal times.
    I thought I'd heard that somewhere. Thanks for the tip.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    well guys there is now 14 soon to be 13 days to go. i don't know about anyone else, but the stress is getting to me now. they take too long. what time are people getting their results. i'm fairly lucky i suppose i can get mine from 00:01 on the 20th. but still i wish it was midnight tonight rather than another 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    well guys there is now 14 soon to be 13 days to go. i don't know about anyone else, but the stress is getting to me now. they take too long. what time are people getting their results. i'm fairly lucky i suppose i can get mine from 00:01 on the 20th. but still i wish it was midnight tonight rather than another 2 weeks
    A2ers can get them from 10:00 at school, ASers are a couple of hours later. But I'm going to make an effort to go in early so I don't have to walk past everyone when they've already got their results, because people tend to get swarmed when they walk in late and that might just provoke a full-scale meltdown in my case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I tried that about a week ago. As you can tell, it didn't work.
    At least it's only two weeks now? Albeit the longest two weeks of our young lives, but still only two weeks?
    lol, i remember when i was doing exams, mine being all within 12 days of each other seemed like such a short amount of time, but now its just dragging sooooo much
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Number6)
    A2ers can get them from 10:00 at school, ASers are a couple of hours later. But I'm going to make an effort to go in early so I don't have to walk past everyone when they've already got their results, because people tend to get swarmed when they walk in late and that might just provoke a full-scale meltdown in my case!
    man that sucks 12pm for ASer's thats harsh.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by km31)
    lol, i remember when i was doing exams, mine being all within 12 days of each other seemed like such a short amount of time, but now its just dragging sooooo much
    I know! The two weeks after exams finished went SO quickly for me, and now its like... slowwww as. I'm gonna break from the tension... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    UCAS really enjoy tempting fate, the latest email being "Meet your future course mates". :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I can't take it anymoore its taking FOREVER!!!! 2 weeks and it's really started to get to me now. All I keep getting is "have you got your results yet?". It's soooooooo annoying!!! I just want to know where my life is going!!! ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)
    UCAS really enjoy tempting fate, the latest email being "Meet your future course mates". :mad:
    Haha, so true

Can't believe you're all worrying now. Stop wasting time and start *****' yourselves the night before like normal. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I bet the next email subject will be.. "Your Exam Results"

and then the whole email will talk about getting cheap car insurance!!

EVILLLLL!:mad: looool

ReputationRep:
    LOLS yeah I got that email too!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I hate UCAS. I hate this wait. I hate that it takes apparently 2 months to mark / moderate our papers. I hate that we still have 13 days, 6 hours and 29 minutes (probably) until Track un-freezes. I hate this!!!!!!

I think I'm going insane

ReputationRep:
    This time in two weeks we will either be celebrating or crying our eyes out.
    :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I hate UCAS. I hate this wait. I hate that it takes apparently 2 months to mark / moderate our papers. I hate that we still have 13 days, 6 hours and 29 minutes (probably) until Track un-freezes. I hate this!!!!!!

I think I'm going insane
    WHY WHHHHHHYYYYY THE HELL can UCAS not give the unis our results now?????? then we would know next week!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    My hair, MY BEAUTIFUL HAIR. :cry:

Why is it that the closer it gets to results day, the more things are going wrong??? This better not be an omen! :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    WHY WHHHHHHYYYYY THE HELL can UCAS not give the unis our results now?????? then we would know next week!!!!!
    I think there's about 6 million people taking A levels, that's 18 million subjects thats atleast 36 million papers if all subjects have one coursework module, so lets call it 45 million papers to mark. Also the fact that they need to mark new spec and old spec this year, hectic or what?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Because they're evil, evil people.

I just went on Track. This is the first thing I saw:

Information

Please note: if you have added a choice in Clearing, you will not be shown your Clearing Number.

I swear, I nearly had a heart attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    This time in two weeks we will either be celebrating or crying our eyes out.
    :grin:
    This time in 2 Weeks, i intend to be well and truly hammered. As long as i get in to Warwick, then i'll be partying in Halo. :woo:

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.