Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Is it me or has this week come to an end rather rapidly?
    I'm glad it has - another few days closer to ending this horribly pointless wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    3001 hehe
    maybe not lol

ReputationRep:
    maybe not lol
    Aww, but your 3003 so not far off. :p:

ReputationRep:
    So for those who aren't going to do an all-nighter, what time do you intend to wake up? Are you going to wake up as soon as track updates and jump out of your bed, zealously switching on your laptop/computer or are you going to wake up when you do and check it then?

ReputationRep:
    Late night omelettes FTW!!!:woo:
    :p:

(Original post by Zay18)
    So for those who aren't going to do an all-nighter, what time do you intend to wake up? Are you going to wake up as soon as track updates and jump out of your bed, zealously switching on your laptop/computer or are you going to wake up when you do and check it then?
    going to sleep at 8? waking up at 2am and staying awake from then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    my routine is so screwed up that even if I wasn't going to do an all-nighter I would be going to bed after 6 anyway lol. But alas I am only AS anyway so nothing to check lol. I will enjoy the suspense that everyone else is having though. But in a way I feel this years results are more important than nexts as it sets out where I will be applying and it is what I will get offers based on, I'm sure I will disagree with this logic next year though.

ReputationRep:
    How come GCSE students can collect their results on Tuesday or Wednesday of results week?
    http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...009/250609.asp
    I'm confused!

ReputationRep:
    i'm still awake and ready to post and beat those scotts :mob:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I reckon I'm gonna attempt an all-nighter and fail, then wake up at like 7 irregardless of when I fell asleep and F5 track until the button breaks...
    Or attempt and all-nighter and manage it, then get two hours sleep before waking up to go to sixth form and get the envelope of dreams / doom.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I reckon I'm gonna attempt an all-nighter and fail, then wake up at like 7 irregardless of when I fell asleep and F5 track until the button breaks...
    Or attempt and all-nighter and manage it, then get two hours sleep before waking up to go to sixth form and get the envelope of dreams / doom.
    If checked on Track beforehand, it could remove the anticipation of what the envelope holds, if i know I've already got into my Uni...

So, I'm unsure of whether or not I'll check Track beforehand; an all-nighter may occur, but to checking.... i don't know; I probably will succumb to F5-bashing before I wander in to pick up the envelope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'm still awake and ready to post and beat those scotts :mob:
    Haha that's the spirit!!!!
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    wow i can't believe this decision A2ers who are not taking gap years or who are applying for deferred entry are faced with :p: track or results track or results.. i really dont think id be able to decide i have said this before id probably get my results first but who knows ! luckily i doubt i'll be in that position...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by project_natal)
    How come GCSE students can collect their results on Tuesday or Wednesday of results week?
    http://www.rewardinglearning.org.uk/...009/250609.asp
    I'm confused!
    Arrangements for the issue of GCE and GCSE results, for centres in Northern Ireland only, are as follows:
    Read the article carefully...
    Those in Northern Ireland will get GCE (e.g. Alevel) results on the same day as everyone else...

They can see 'CCEA' exam-board GCSE results can be seen early, but hard copies can only be acquired at the same time as the other exam board's results, when most people get their results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    wow i can't believe this decision A2ers who are not taking gap years or who are applying for deferred entry are faced with :p: track or results track or results.. i really dont think id be able to decide i have said this before id probably get my results first but who knows ! luckily i doubt i'll be in that position...
    For me getting into my first choice uni is more important. I couldn't care what my results are. However, our school will put our results up on the school intranet at the same time that UCAS updates :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    That's what I intend to do get my results first and if I've met the grade requirement then there's no need to check track. But if you check track first and then you see that you haven been successful in getting an unconditional offer you'll go into college knowing you havent obtained the results you need.

But 13 days, I'm going to miss this thread when it's all over!!!!

ReputationRep:
    tbh ive been really really complacent all along. i'm only AS and even though i could have done better i'm just really laid-back as i tried my hardest.

also i need these 13 days as i have 4 books to get through and a load of other shizzle to do :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    For me getting into my first choice uni is more important. I couldn't care what my results are. However, our school will put our results up on the school intranet at the same time that UCAS updates :eek:

so if like me you have a laptop you dont even need to get out of bed:eek: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan)
    For me getting into my first choice uni is more important. I couldn't care what my results are. However, our school puts our results up on the school intranet at the same time that UCAS updates :eek:
    Your lucky!!! You can rejoice or weep in private and your not under scrutiny from your teachers and friends who are just anticipating your reaction to your results!!!

It's okay for some

ReputationRep:
    also we have more guests than we do members on this forum

23 (10 members & 13 guests)

can i just say hello and do join if youre reading this
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsy)
    so if like me you have a laptop you dont even need to get out of bed:eek: :p:
    LAPTOPS FTW!!:woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.