Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    I dont think so, but thats a good questions! :woo:

Someone answer!

please :puppyeyes:
    Oh apparently you still have to click 'Choices' and it will be updated like this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/w/im.../Ucastrack.gif
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day

I will go crazy if it hasn't updated, I would have to go into school not knowing...:cry: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm gonna take a printscreen of my offers on UCAS as a souvenier. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My heart rate doubled just logging onto Track. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    In one minutes time it will be 12:34 and 56 seconds on the 07/08/09!

Yes I'm bored :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Does anyone know what Track looks like on the 20th? Will you known if you got in or not from the page right after you login or do you have to click again? :woo:
    If I can remember right when you log in the first page as always will contain your status which at the minute is probably "you have accepted an offer", On the 20th this changes to something along the lines of "congratulations <insert uni> has confirmed your place to study <insert course>." If you click on the choices tab it should have changed to unconditional. Thats providing you get in like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperious_Leader)
    Well I'm certainly eating a lot less due to the stress.
    :yep: I genuinely think I've lost weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    In one minutes time it will be 12:34 and 56 seconds on the 07/08/09!

Yes I'm bored :sad:
    Oh yeah they said that on the radio :rofl: they said Sky News asked people to send images of what they were doing at that moment, Sky News doesn't know what they are in for. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    If I can remember right when you log in the first page as always will contain your status which at the minute is probably "you have accepted an offer", On the 20th this changes to something along the lines of "congratulations <insert uni> has confirmed your place to study <insert course>." If you click on the choices tab it should have changed to unconditional. Thats providing you get in like.
    :woo: :woo: :woo:
    Ty,sSo it is on the first page after you log in, I'm even more scared now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    char[/s].]i just got a letter from 1 of the unis ive applied to-new it wudnt be about results but it still made my stomache turn

is anyone not planning on drinking the night b4 results?? i wud, but i gotta drive in2 skwl l8r tht day
    i got a letter from one of my unis as well. i knew it was not about results but i was still hoping.

damn uni getting me out of bed just to open a letter that was not even important :mad:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :woo: :woo:
    Ty,sSo it is on the first page after you log in, I'm even more scared now.
    Well yes its on the WELCOME PAGE but remember, if you were to log into track atm the first page is an information page on clearing, therefore if there is an information page on the 20th you will have to click welcome page to see if u got in or not, however, it was 2 years ago since I did it for my bro, i can't remember exactly what I saw so I may be wrong in places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbbw)
    i got a letter from one of my unis as well. i knew it was not about results but i was still hoping.

damn uni getting me out of bed just to open a letter that was not even important :mad:
    i know! its just rude.
    i will only forgive them if they accept me!

ReputationRep:
    Hello all. Entertaining reading!

I am relieved to see there are many others as nervous as me. AS and GCSEs were nothing compared to this as it is literally my future on the line and also, both my offers are for Reading and i fell in love with the Uni the minute I saw it.

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh I just woke up, for all who don't know, I went to sleep at 7am+ lol and have naturally woken up at 12:40pm which is crazy :p: I look like the undead but hopefully posting is going to wake me up a bit

Ugh 12 days and 16 hours, this time next week we will of officially lost control of our bowels aka **** out self :p: loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlocFFC)
    Hello all. Entertaining reading!

I am relieved to see there are many others as nervous as me. AS and GCSEs were nothing compared to this as it is literally my future on the line and also, both my offers are for Reading and i fell in love with the Uni the minute I saw it.
    Hi welcome to the thread. :excited:

I agree GCSE and AS was nothing like this! I wish I cared more about ASes though, if I had done I wouldn't be in this limbo situation where I am literally on the borderline. :woo:

What are you hoping to study? What do you need?

ReputationRep:
    We are about to out spam the English applicants' thread who have 160 pages atm.

Although they are probably discussing poetry and Shakespeare not posting spam. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Hi welcome to the thread. :excited:

I agree GCSE and AS was nothing like this! I wish I cared more about ASes though, if I had done I wouldn't be in this limbo situation where I am literally on the borderline. :woo:

What are you hoping to study? What do you need?
    English Lit and Politics or Politics and International Relations at Reading. Need 320 UCAS points for the first(though on their website it said 300:confused: ) and I need 280 for the second. I got an ABB for AS so my calculations have worked out that the best I can do is 320 UCAS points and worst is 260. That is why I am quite on edge about it as it will be close.

What annoys me is how no one said the AS were probably the most important exams to 'lay down the ground work'.

ReputationRep:
    I'm finally back in the UK - last time I was here was a year ago!
    Somehow being here makes results day, almost more 'real'....it's scarier now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlocFFC)
    English Lit and Politics or Politics and International Relations at Reading. Need 320 UCAS points for the first(though on their website it said 300:confused: ) and I need 280 for the second. I got an ABB for AS so my calculations have worked out that the best I can do is 320 UCAS points and worst is 260. That is why I am quite on edge about it as it will be close.

What annoys me is how no one said the AS were probably the most important exams to 'lay down the ground work'
    Damn...all of my teachers said this, but i ignored them and said they were stupid cos AS don't matter! Oh how wrong i was, retrospect is an evil thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)

Ugh 12 days and 16 hours, this time next week we will of officially lost control of our bowels aka **** out self :p: loool
    This time next week it will be my 18th!!!! Ahhhh - I will try to completely forget about results day but I know it will be nagging at the back of my brain ... because it will be so close :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    This time next week it will be my 18th!!!! Ahhhh - I will try to completely forget about results day but I know it will be nagging at the back of my brain ... because it will be so close :eek:
    Lucky! My birthday is the 21st August! Lucky timing eyy! :sigh: lool

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.