Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    My heart rate doubled just logging onto Track. :sigh:
    Doesn't help when the first thing you see is:

Please note: if you have added a choice in Clearing, you will not be shown your Clearing Number.
    :eviltongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlocFFC)
    English Lit and Politics or Politics and International Relations at Reading. Need 320 UCAS points for the first(though on their website it said 300:confused: ) and I need 280 for the second. I got an ABB for AS so my calculations have worked out that the best I can do is 320 UCAS points and worst is 260. That is why I am quite on edge about it as it will be close.

What annoys me is how no one said the AS were probably the most important exams to 'lay down the ground work'.
    Well I was told actually, but I was like 'at least I got an A, that's fine'.

However this summer I've been taking a lot of AS retakes to get a few more UMS marks even though I really should have been doing this in January. I took 19 exams for 4 subjects this summer so there are a lot of unknown marks for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)
    Doesn't help when the first thing you see is:

:eviltongue:
    I know, I mean do they have to leave us traumatised everytime we log on? Seriously! :cry:

0/10 for user experience. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think the only great thing I have done this summer is watch Flight of the Conchords, The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad Now I am just awaiting their new seasons!

Oh yeah I watched Harry Potter movie :p: That was kinda cool but I thought it ended quite abruptly, I wanted them to spend a bit more time on Dumbledore's death you know...to make me get really sad... *sigh* I am soo looking forward to The Deathly Hallows (even though they are put in 2 parts which means more waiting and too much money being spent *weeps*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Lucky! My birthday is the 21st August! Lucky timing eyy! :sigh: lool
    Ah man, that does suck!
    But I know how you feel - last year my birthday was on results day but I resisted the temptation to look at my results until the next day haha (despite the fact that my mum, sisters and grandparents all knew what I had gotten.....)

ReputationRep:
    I think the only great thing I have done this summer is watch Flight of the Conchords, The Simpsons, Family Guy and American Dad Now I am just awaiting their new seasons!

Oh yeah I watched Harry Potter movie :p: That was kinda cool but I thought it ended quite abruptly, I wanted them to spend a bit more time on Dumbledore's death you know...to make me get really sad... *sigh* I am soo looking forward to The Deathly Hallows (even though they are put in 2 parts which means more waiting and too much money being spent *weeps*)
    But it also means way more detail and hopefully being more true to the book! which can only be a good thing :yes: and also drags it out a bit longer so we have more to look forward to

ReputationRep:
    I know, I mean do they have to leave us traumatised everytime we log on? Seriously! :cry:

Would be worse if the first page was:

"YOU FAILED HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!?!11

Just joking, But please note: if you have added a choice in Clearing, you will not be shown your Clearing Number."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itszednotzee)
    Ah man, that does suck!
    But I know how you feel - last year my birthday was on results day but I resisted the temptation to look at my results until the next day haha (despite the fact that my mum, sisters and grandparents all knew what I had gotten.....)
    Ignorance is a bliss I am hoping to have my birthday thing merged with the celebration (hopefully) of results day I was going to go Thorpe Park but everyone sucks so yeah, change of plan

ReputationRep:

I thought the movie was quite good, arghhhhh:mad: don't even talk to me about them splitting the last one into 2 movies its insane!!! there was more detail in the 5th and they kept that as one movie, WB is only doing it for more money, look at how much the HP franchise makes for WB, why did they postpone the 6th one? To make more money as more people will become more eager to see it!!! The split the last one to get twice as more money as with just having one!! Greedy Pigs!! It really doesn't do JK and harry potter justice.

Anywho...........I have yet to fully panic over the results but part me secretly wants to go to my insurance now kinda weird......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    But it also means way more detail and hopefully being more true to the book! which can only be a good thing :yes: and also drags it out a bit longer so we have more to look forward to
    Mmm that is true, but I always come out of the HP movies itching to see the next one

I am like a fiend :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    This is what 1GB of storage space looked like in 1980! There's an SD card there for comparison if you didn't catch it (coz it's so small).

So primitive! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    I thought the movie was quite good, arghhhhh:mad: don't even talk to me about them splitting the last one into 2 movies its insane!!! there was more detail in the 5th and they kept that as one movie, WB is only doing it for more money, look at how much the HP franchise makes for WB, why did they postpone the 6th one? To make more money as more people will become more eager to see it!!! The split the last one to get twice as more money as with just having one!! Greedy Pigs!! It really doesn't do JK and harry potter justice.

Anywho...........I have yet to fully panic over the results but part me secretly wants to go to my insurance now kinda weird......
    I know!!

And that is kinda weird you want to go to your insurance, unless the grades are the same for your firm and insurance

Because think about it, you will inevitably be wishing for lower grades to go to your insurance :p: which is like a ******** to me :p: hehe

I thought I wanted to go to Aston before I made my choice for firm and insurance but at the last minute I changed my mind and thought, I'd rather go to University of Birmingham...but either way I would be quite happy (i hope) lol

ReputationRep:
    This is what 1GB of storage space looked like in 1980! There's an SD card there for comparison if you didn't catch it (coz it's so small).

So primitive! :excited:
    Lol that is so cool!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I know!!

And that is kinda weird you want to go to your insurance, unless the grades are the same for your firm and insurance

Because think about it, you will inevitably be wishing for lower grades to go to your insurance :p: which is like a ******** to me :p: hehe

I thought I wanted to go to Aston before I made my choice for firm and insurance but at the last minute I changed my mind and thought, I'd rather go to University of Birmingham...but either way I would be quite happy (i hope) lol
    Well you see my insurance and firm both ask for the same grades......BBB, however my firm only has 25 places as its a unique course....with such strong competition people with As will be took first (which means they really should change the requiremnts to As) no doubt so its gonna be hard to gain a place, insurance has waayy more places for a very similar course but not quite as good. So it doesnt matter to me too much which one I get into.

yea lol as long as you get a place at one of the two youd be happy.

ReputationRep:

Me thinks they enjoy taking the piss. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Well you see my insurance and firm both ask for the same grades......BBB, however my firm only has 25 places as its a unique course....with such strong competition people with As will be took first (which means they really should change the requiremnts to As) no doubt so its gonna be hard to gain a place, insurance has waayy more places for a very similar course but not quite as good. So it doesnt matter to me too much which one I get into.

Surely if you meet their offer (ie BBB) they HAVE to take you regardless of what grades other offer holders get? :confused:

ReputationRep:

Ahh I get you, but you never know, you might be one of those people who get AAA!

ReputationRep:
    Lol that is so cool!!!!
    check this out: http://www.cracked.com/article_17677...led-world.html
    If sarcasm ruled the world. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you meet their offer (ie BBB) they HAVE to take you regardless of what grades other offer holders get? :confused:
    See thats what I thought but the course is capped at 25 places, not really fair is it?

ReputationRep:
    check this out: http://www.cracked.com/article_17677...led-world.html
    If sarcasm ruled the world. :excited:
    loool :p: they made me chuckle!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.