Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

Announcements

(Original post by abbi182)
    I dreamt my results a few weeks before my AS results and it was spot on. It was like a premonition when I opened it in my dream.

Therefore I plan not to sleep for the next 40 days and nights, to prevent any pre-results trauma.
    My friend did that the night before we got our January results this year!

It was a school social and we stayed round her house and she woke up in the morning and over breakfast was like 'I dreamt I got this, this and this' and she got what she said :\. It was weird.

I on the other hand, dreamt the other day that I got ABC and the C in maths.
    I don't DO maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    on the other hand, dreamt the other day that I got ABC and the C in maths.
    I don't DO maths.
    I dreamt I got an A in Biology, which would be nice even though I didn't do it.

(Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    I dreamt I got an A in Biology, which would be nice even though I didn't do it.
    I imagine it would.

I hate maths though...

ReputationRep:
    AS results

very scared

exams could have gone MUCH better.

i feel sick everytime I see that date.
    I've been predicted all As, but i think i left my exams with Cs.

meh.

ReputationRep:
    i dreamed i got an A in english, but i dont do english lol

ReputationRep:
    I had a dream about results day and I failed English...I hope that wasn't a premonition!

ReputationRep:
    I dreamed I had to sit a geography paper. I dropped geography before GCSE. It was horrible, because they just wouldn't admit that I didn't study it. Now that's a real nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I really haven't thought about results as much as I thought I would. AS results was far more nerve wracking since you had to build a foundation kind of thing. But yeah some of you AS'ers shouldn't be worried at all as there is still retakes etc. Though saying that i did screw up a couple of exams if not all of them

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone else think it's going quite quickly? this time next week, it will be a month till we get them =O

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhh i dont want my AS results, predicted all B's but thinkin i got 3 E's and a U

ReputationRep:
    39 days to go.

Why there is a countdown so far out, I don't know. Isn't it better if we use ticker factory?

ReputationRep:
    Right I didn't do exams I did a BTEC which is exactly why I avoided all of this I'd be cacking and I got the grades to get onto my course , but I'd like to wish all well and that you get what you need!

ReputationRep:
    I dreamt that I was in Oxford last night - does that mean I get in?????

It was a really really wierd dream though, like, too wierd to post on TSR, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I had my first results days dream a few night ago, weird because I don't usually remember my dreams. It wasn't like it was totally unrealistic like 3 Es, I'd got BCC which is erm...not great.

I just rember being pretty hysterical lol. Woke up then went back to sleep to have ANOTHER results dream about my friend. She didn't get into her firm but our teacher got on the phone and managed to get her a place anyway But hopefully neither of those come true.

Weirdly though, I'm strangely indifferent when I think about results, I'm sure that'll change nearer the time though

ReputationRep:
    CCC instead of BBB- This is what I'm envisaging. Just praying to the Gods but to be honest I'm not really thinking about it that much...

ReputationRep:
    When the hell is the results day? I'm assuming its the 20th. But, alot of crazy people seem to think its before that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    When the hell is the results day? I'm assuming its the 20th. But, alot of crazy people seem to think its before that.
    Our head of 6th form said it was the 20th a little over 2 weeks ago.

I think he was mocking the people miscounting the days left possibly?

There we go, a decent ticker.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    There we go, a decent ticker.....

Living chaos has limited choice and ticker factory didn't seem to work.....

But there we go
    I've got a ticker factory one:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.