Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalek2009)
    I've cried endlessly today because of the fear of losing my offer. I only needed a middle D for my last Maths module and apparently grade boundaries can alter, so its impossible.
    Grade boundaries can go up as well as down!

Don't lose hope

ReputationRep:
    I am having nandos today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    i know its not fair at all, well on the open day for the course the uni had already made their conditional offers and the place was full of over a hundred people, now some parents were there so it will be slightly less maybe around 90. Now then you have international students which could increase it and those who couldnt make the open day, but heres the kicker, the uni didn't say there was only 25 places UNTIL the open day,.....after we had made our choices but before we picked our firms and incurance. It didn't say on their prospectus. People who didn't pick it has their firm will reduce the numbers again so I reckon around a hundred.
    Wow sneaky *******s! :mad::woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I am having nandos today
    mmm spicy peri peri chicken! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Yes because you see, it doesn't induce feelings of comfort, more like erm... lust and desire

That's the general feeling my screaming death mask inspires.

ReputationRep:
    I am having nandos today
    Nandos is yum :yep: :yum:

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries can go up as well as down!

Don't lose hope
    I fallen ill on the one out of the two papers for my last module. The exam board have approved special consideration but that won't be enough. Its just I'm dreading going into the college to collect my results and disappointing my family. The University have said I wouldn't be given another attempt either due to how competitive the teaching degrees are now. I'm well and truly finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Wow sneaky *******s! :mad::woo:
    oh ayyeee, well we shall c what happens. i think it will be a great achievment if I get in lol your getting almost as angry as me

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea but you might want to have a look at the Student Finance calculator: http://www.studentfinance.direct.gov...ncecalculator/

Thanks for the rep btw :excited:
    Looks like I don't get anything. Which totally isn't fair as I'm getting nothing from my parents either!!

I should be worrying but I'm finding all of this strangely amusing :excited:

And no prob, thought it was about time you had some positive sig feedback :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    That's the general feeling my screaming death mask inspires.
    Something tells me you don't believe me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    oh ayyeee, well we shall c what happens. i think it will be a great achievment if I get in lol your getting almost as angry as me
    yeah it must be tough having to compete to get an offer then having to do that all over again to secure your place.

ReputationRep:
    I've cried endlessly today because of the fear of losing my offer. I only needed a middle D for my last Maths module and apparently grade boundaries can alter, so its impossible.
    Lol, sorry I know I shouldn't laugh at this but how can you not know that grade boundaries can alter?
    Don't lose faith though, the entire country would have to have done significantly well for the grade boundaries to go up, they can also go down so just ease up on yourself a bit.
    Out of interest, what module and exam board?

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I don't get anything. Which totally isn't fair as I'm getting nothing from my parents either!!

I should be worrying but I'm finding all of this strangely amusing :excited:

And no prob, thought it was about time you had some positive sig feedback :tongue:
    Nothing at all? Not even a maintenance loan? :confused:

If it's any consolation, apparently I should be expecting £ 8 281 grant+maintenance loan :p: :p: :p: , although my firm uni is in London so I get lots of loan money.

ReputationRep:

If it's any consolation, apparently I should be expecting £ 8 281 grant+maintenance loan :p: :p: :p: , although my firm uni is in London so I get lots of loan money.
    I will be loling so hard when you find out how much you have to spend. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh someone help I'm trying to complete the form, but the option for entering my bank details isn't there? (this is on the very first form btw)

It says I can't enter it because I haven't done the 'parent/spouse support' application, but I don't need to do that because it's not means tested :confused:

Is this wrong or have I missed something, and you actually enter your bank details later on, on another form or something?

ReputationRep:
    mmm spicy peri peri chicken! :p:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Nandos is yum :yep: :yum:
    I'm in the mood for a burger from there! Thing is they are totally upped the prices! I was like "Do I want to pay £6 for chips and a chicken that has little to no meat or shall I pay under £6 for a burger and chips"

Have to wait til 6pm or something though which sucks because I am so hungry but I dont want want to ruin my dinner

ReputationRep:
    I fallen ill on the one out of the two papers for my last module. The exam board have approved special consideration but that won't be enough. Its just I'm dreading going into the college to collect my results and disappointing my family. The University have said I wouldn't be given another attempt either due to how competitive the teaching degrees are now. I'm well and truly finished.
    Hey don't cry. :console:

Have you told your unis about being ill? Even if the exam board consideration doesn't bump up enough marks for you, the uni might still take you in. And you might even have done well enough to get the grade you need regardless of special consideration.

ReputationRep:

Oh I get a maintenance loan, but after accomodation is paid for per week I'm left over with about £5. No joke :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the mood for a burger from there! Thing is they are totally upped the prices! I was like "Do I want to pay £6 for chips and a chicken that has little to no meat or shall I pay under £6 for a burger and chips"

Have to wait til 6pm or something though which sucks because I am so hungry but I dont want want to ruin my dinner
    I thought you were going to sleep! :tongue:

Mmmm chips + burger + chicken = :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I will be loling so hard when you find out how much you have to spend. :yes:
    Well my accom is £100 a week for a 40 week contract. I don't know how that compares with elsewhere in the UK but this is one of the cheapest accoms for my uni.:o:

I should also be getting some uni bursary money though. I don't think it will be that bad.

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.