Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I'm in the mood for a burger from there! Thing is they are totally upped the prices! I was like "Do I want to pay £6 for chips and a chicken that has little to no meat or shall I pay under £6 for a burger and chips"

Have to wait til 6pm or something though which sucks because I am so hungry but I dont want want to ruin my dinner
    Nevr tried their burgers, I'm a bit conservative in that respect and so always stuck to chicken Bon appetit and I hope you will find a bargain for your dinner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Make me some!! :eek:

Actually no don't, I need to diet before uni. Must get back into size 8s! :huff:

( although one wouldn't hurt, right? :puppyeyes: )
    :no:

It shouldn't hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I get a maintenance loan, but after accomodation is paid for per week I'm left over with about £5. No joke :indiff:
    I think your uni might give you a £50 bursary? (might be £60!!!:p: )

If you explain to your parents that Student Finance is run by commies they might give you some money? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Well my accom is £100 a week for a 40 week contract. I don't know how that compares with elsewhere in the UK but this is one of the cheapest accoms for my uni.:o:

I should also be getting some uni bursary money though. I don't think it will be that bad.
    You're first year will be relatively OK, £100 for 40 weeks is £4000; catered or non-catered? I'll be paying in the region of £4500 catered at Bristol.

You're second year is likely to be horrendous if you go outside the halls; I've heard of £6000 non-catered, it was a premium single room though but I think it was for 38 weels.

Then you have the insane going out costs.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were going to sleep! :tongue:

Mmmm chips + burger + chicken = :coma:
    hehe I got a burst of energy

:coma:

(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Nevr tried their burgers, I'm a bit conservative in that respect and so always stuck to chicken Bon appetit and I hope you will find a bargain for your dinner
    Thank you, you should try it it is quite niiice

Oh crap I told my mum to buy it for me but I forgot to tell her what level of spice I want :O Oh noo the horror :p:, hopefully she'll jus randomly say medium or hot

ReputationRep:
    Something tells me you don't believe me
    OK, I believe you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    You're first year will be relatively OK, £100 for 40 weeks is £4000; catered or non-catered? I'll be paying in the region of £4500 catered at Bristol.

You're second year is likely to be horrendous if you go outside the halls; I've heard of £6000 non-catered, it was a premium single room though but I think it was for 38 weels.

Then you have the insane going out costs.
    hmm yeah I'm actually terrified about 2nd year and 3rd year, might have to stay in the uni residences if they let me but renting a place will be damn expensive and will be really far from central London where my classes and lectures will be.

However, I'm not really worried about that, number one concern is RD. :woo: :eek: :zomg: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    I am so bored and hungry, I have decided to read a pizza hut menu...

Lol some how I feel self-pity :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I think your uni might give you a £50 bursary? (might be £60!!!:p: )

If you explain to your parents that Student Finance is run by commies they might give you some money? :mmm:
    Lol well I just told my mum I'd worked it out how much I'd have to spend, and she looked at my spreadsheet where I was trying to work out what I could buy for £5 a week and my list of where I could apply for jobs, and she just felt sorry for me and said she'd pay for my accomodation.

So basically she's offering to fork up like £100 quid a week for me for the next year! Don't know if I'm going to accept the offer yet, feels a bit harsh, even though she can afford it.

I wish my parents earnt nothing (that sounds ungrateful, it's not), I'd much rather have a grant than have to take money off them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    OK, I believe you
    :excited:

Although now you think I have some sort of weird terror face fetish. *sigh*

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from their Uni re: accommodation or do all univerisities wait for the results before making a decision?

ReputationRep:
    13 days :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    I have a big craving for chocolate cake right now. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    All I remember is seeing a table in which you just had to fill in the properties of STM and LTM.
    High capacity/low capacity
    Long term/short term

Reeeeally challenging.

Which is why I know intelligent people sitting this years AS who got a U or only slightly better?

You don't like it when older people go on about how easy A2s are, so don't start being a tit just because you've already done it.

Hindsight, love, is a beautiful thing. When you're doing it for the first time, no matter how easy it might be viewed, it's still difficult.

Not that Psychology seems particularly difficult anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Lol well I just told my mum I'd worked it out how much I'd have to spend, and she looked at my spreadsheet where I was trying to work out what I could buy for £5 a week and my list of where I could apply for jobs, and she just felt sorry for me and said she'd pay for my accomodation.

So basically she's offering to fork up like £100 quid a week for me for the next year! Don't know if I'm going to accept the offer yet, feels a bit harsh, even though she can afford it.

I wish my parents earnt nothing (that sounds ungrateful, it's not), I'd much rather have a grant than have to take money off them
    TAKE IT!!!!!!!!! :puppyeyes:

I know what you mean, we all want to be a bit more independent from our parents but you're just not getting enough from SFE to pay for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)
    Has anyone heard back from their Uni re: accommodation or do all univerisities wait for the results before making a decision?
    I got a reciept in the post for the deposit I paid. Apart from that nothing, think they wait till results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    I have a big craving for chocolate cake right now. :coma:
    Pizza Hut brownies are sooo niiiicee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)
    I think most people have got that all sorted for their firm uni by now. Which is your firm uni? I would have thought that you had sorted it all out by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I am so bored and hungry, I have decided to read a pizza hut menu...

Lol some how I feel self-pity :sigh:
    Oh dear, next, you'll be on the McDonalds website :sigh: , in fact to save you from typing it in, I have hyperlinked it here for you. :sigh:

ReputationRep:

Although now you think I have some sort of weird terror face fetish. *sigh*
    Don't worry, it's surprisingly common. Besides, many sex faces are terrifying anyway:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.