Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    13 days :zomg:
    OMG.
    I'm not ready
    OMG.
    OMG.

I need some cake.

ReputationRep:
    So whats everyones accomodation gonna be like next year if they get into their firms? Like do you have ensuit bathrooms in your rooms or do you share. Im sharing, 3 showers for 9 people and two or three cookers too. Mine is 62 pound a week, one of the cheaper accomodations for my uni, whats that like for everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    TAKE IT!!!!!!!!! :puppyeyes:

I know what you mean, we all want to be a bit more independent from our parents but you're just not getting enough from SFE to pay for everything.
    Yeah but if I do I feel like a spoilt brat, lol, I want to support myself! I hate SFE :mad:

Do you really think I should? It would solve all my problems. Ohh I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I think most people have got that all sorted for their firm uni by now. Which is your firm uni? I would have thought that you had sorted it all out by now?
    Southampton. I submitted my application well before the deadline but since then I've heard nothing from them.

This thread's making me hungry. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Pizza Hut brownies are sooo niiiicee
    I haven't had the pleasure of trying any.
    I'm always too full after the buffet. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, next, you'll be on the McDonalds website :sigh: , in fact to save you from typing it in, I have hyperlinked it here for you. :sigh:
    :awesome:

Awesome...Super Awesome..

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    ahhh!! we have like 13 days left!!! Is that a bad omen????????????? 13 days!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    So whats everyones accomodation gonna be like next year if they get into their firms? Like do you have ensuit bathrooms in your rooms or do you share. Im sharing, 3 showers for 9 people and two or three cookers too. Mine is 62 pound a week, one of the cheaper accomodations for my uni, whats that like for everyone else?
    Well obvs I don't know because you don't always get your first choice :tongue: But actually my choices were quite random, first choice was the really nice en-suite place that I loved when I visited, like second most expensive tho eek, and second choice was like the lowest price place lol! Then it was somewhere expensive, then somewhere cheap etc... So I could end up anywhere really.

Only thing I specified was that I wanted to be centre of campus. Don't fancy trekking hours to get to lessons every morning haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)
    Southampton. I submitted my application well before the deadline but since then I've heard nothing from them.

Oh yeah I know some unis haven't got round to telling ppl where they will actually be living, I guess they're waiting for results day so they don't have to bother with the people who didn't get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    I haven't had the pleasure of trying any.
    I'm always too full after the buffet. :p:
    In my pizza hut they have stopped pizza hut buffets! It is things like that, that make me want to turn into a pyromanic :headfire: loool

ReputationRep:
    Keep Calm And Carry On.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkygonewild)
    ahhh!! we have like 13 days left!!! Is that a bad omen????????????? 13 days!
    Well my countdown clock is to 6:00 on 20th August, and it says 12 days :tongue: http://www.7is7.com/otto/countdown.html

And in 2 hours it will be less than 300 hours! Arghhhh :shock:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah I know some unis haven't got round to telling ppl where they will actually be living, I guess they're waiting for results day so they don't have to bother with the people who didn't get in!
    Yeah, I suppose - thanks anyway. It's ridiculous how much hangs on 20th August 2009. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vitamin Sea)

When will I receive information on
    whether I have been offered a room?
    For 1st year students applying through UCAS
    they will be offered a room once they have
    meet the terms of their original course offer
    and been accepted on to a course at the University. If you are in any doubt regarding
    the status of your application you should
    contact the appropriate Residential Services.

Thats what my uni says on the matter. So your uni is prob the same, wait until u see if u get into your course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawBore)
    Don't worry, it's surprisingly common. Besides, many sex faces are terrifying anyway:

I think it's safe to say I prefer yours :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Both of my choices are self catered and ensuite. If I knew that I would be put with non-disgusting people who will clean the bathroom then I would happily share, but I can't deal with uncleanliness so I'm not taking that chance :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Well obvs I don't know because you don't always get your first choice :tongue: But actually my choices were quite random, first choice was the really nice en-suite place that I loved when I visited, like second most expensive tho eek, and second choice was like the lowest price place lol! Then it was somewhere expensive, then somewhere cheap etc... So I could end up anywhere really.

Only thing I specified was that I wanted to be centre of campus. Don't fancy trekking hours to get to lessons every morning haha
    Ha ha yea, mine is on campus right beside the building of biosciences so I don't have far to walk my seconds choice is classified as off campus, but its just outside the campus gate lol 2 mins walk, thats if i get in eeeeeek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    In my pizza hut they have stopped pizza hut buffets! It is things like that, that make me want to turn into a pyromanic :headfire: loool
    Oh yeah, they've started that new 'Happy Hour' thing.
    I preferred the buffet. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    This is my accommodation on the left: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...75.37,,0,-7.32

It's about 1 block behind the Thames and Tower Bridge is nearby!!

We have balconies but they're not in the bedrooms, only in the common rooms!
    Mine is £100 a week, single, self catered and bathroom is shared by 5 or 6 people. Thinking about it, that's quite a lot. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Both of my choices are self catered and ensuite. If I knew that I would be put with non-disgusting people who will clean the bathroom then I would happily share, but I can't deal with uncleanliness so I'm not taking that chance :p:
    cool cool, well I would love not to share, makes life a good bit easier but I just can't afford it lol.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.