Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    :awesome:

Awesome...Super Awesome..

:coma:
    I'm lovin' it. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Oh yeah, they've started that new 'Happy Hour' thing.
    I preferred the buffet. :sad:
    It was a sad day in the Pizza Industry when they stopped the buffet

Gosh the past 15 posts I have done have been about food

I must sound like a fat ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    I'm lovin' it. :coma:
    They need to hurry up and bring back the Big Tasty before I sue!

loool

ReputationRep:
    This thread is moving so quickly, I can't keep up! :excited:
    Keep posting guys, we are gonna THRASH the Scots.

ReputationRep:
    This is my accommodation on the left: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF...75.37,,0,-7.32

It's about 1 block behind the Thames and Tower Bridge is nearby!!

We have balconies but they're not in the bedrooms, only in the common rooms!
    Mine is £100 a week, single, self catered and bathroom is shared by 5 or 6 people. Thinking about it, that's quite a lot. :woo:

Wow that looks like good accomodation, yea I wouldn't like to share one bathroom with so many, which is why we have 3 , im not lookin forward to the self-catering business, my cooking skills are awful :o: gonna have to brush up on them lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    So whats everyones accomodation gonna be like next year if they get into their firms? Like do you have ensuit bathrooms in your rooms or do you share. Im sharing, 3 showers for 9 people and two or three cookers too. Mine is 62 pound a week, one of the cheaper accomodations for my uni, whats that like for everyone else?
    We got 5 choices at Leicester university, and all 5 of mine were en-suite, because I wouldn't be able to share a bathroom with that many people. Also, four of my choices were self-catered, and the last one was catered. I hope I get my first choice. It was built 3 years ago, and it was so nice. :love:

ReputationRep:
    It was a sad day in the Pizza Industry when they stopped the buffet

Gosh the past 15 posts I have done have been about food

I must sound like a fat ****
    Heh, at least your attention is diverted from dooms day. :p:

Until now, when I mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is moving so quickly, I can't keep up! :excited:
    Keep posting guys, we are gonna THRASH the Scots.
    Their thread is slowing down but currently on 460 pages :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow that looks like good accomodation, yea I wouldn't like to share one bathroom with so many, which is why we have 3 , im not lookin forward to the self-catering business, my cooking skills are awful :o: gonna have to brush up on them lol
    Yeah some of the other choices weren't so flashy looking but they were closer to the uni which is why mine is cheaper.
    Oh yeah the mornings are going to be so crazy, if I get in. :woo: :woo:

Now is a great time to learn how to cook, helps keep your mind off the whole RD mania.

ReputationRep:
    Heh, at least your attention is diverted from dooms day. :p:

Until now, when I mentioned it.
    Hehe! My living room smells of solvents LOL well nail varnish, I have done 2 coats of neon pink...its so preeeettyy :p:

ReputationRep:
    Their thread is slowing down but currently on 460 pages :eek:
    Hmm then we need to average 25 pages per day! :eek: if we want that by the 20th...but I think things will get busy next week when we have a single figure countdown! :excited:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if, you didnt get into your firm but by only a few marks, so you sent off for a remark and it turns out you did make the grades, would your firm then let you in? i mean like wouldn't they HAVE to since you actually did get the grades, it was just an error that you didnt at first?

ReputationRep:
    We got 5 choices at Leicester university, and all 5 of mine were en-suite, because I wouldn't be able to share a bathroom with that many people. Also, four of my choices were self-catered, and the last one was catered. I hope I get my first choice. It was built 3 years ago, and it was so nice. :love:
    lol in the end as long as I can survive there its good enough for me, you like your privacy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    does anyone know if, you didnt get into your firm but by only a few marks, so you sent off for a remark and it turns out you did make the grades, would your firm then let you in? i mean like wouldn't they HAVE to since you actually did get the grades, it was just an error that you didnt at first?
    Yep they would have to. But hopefully we won't need to remark. I would hate having to wait ALL OVER AGAIN! :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm then we need to average 25 pages per day! :eek: if we want that by the 20th...but I think things will get busy next week when we have a single figure countdown! :excited:
    I'm estimating we get at least 150 pages more on the 19th, it will be ridiculously diffixult to keep up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    hmmm thats a good question, in the uni i plan to get into, making the grades isnt enough sometimes they still reject students, they give out too many offers than they can take students in

ReputationRep:
    hmmm thats a good question, in the uni i plan to get into, making the grades isnt enough sometimes they still reject students, they give out too many offers than they can take students in
    I don't think other unis do that though, I certainly have never heard of anything like what your uni is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    The Unis have a date by which your grades have to be in by, if you get a priority remark you should make it within the deadline, if you don;t get the priority remark your results definitely won't be back in time.
    If you are getting a remark done make sure you let your Uni know as they might hold your place until then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I'm estimating we get at least 150 pages more on the 19th, it will be ridiculously diffixult to keep up.
    Yeah, the morning of the 20th will be crazy as well. :excited:

ReputationRep:
    They can't reject anyone that has firmed them and made the grades, the UCAS offer is a legally binding contract once you accept it.
    I'm not sure about insurance offers, but I'd assume it's the same. If you don't make the grades you haven't fulfilled you end of the contract so they can terminate.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.