Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Hmm then we need to average 25 pages per day! :eek: if we want that by the 20th...but I think things will get busy next week when we have a single figure countdown! :excited:
    We can do that, per day we do about 15 if not a bit more so BRING IT ON

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Hehe! My living room smells of solvents LOL well nail varnish, I have done 2 coats of neon pink...its so preeeettyy :p:
    Wow, neon? Getting ready for a rave? :p:
    Mine are red. :cool:

(Original post by random-ray)
    lol in the end as long as I can survive there its good enough for me, you like your privacy?
    Yes and no. I have a thing about people touching my stuff. Also, I don't know how clean the people I'm going to live with will be, and I'm not willing to take that chance. :p: :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the morning of the 20th will be crazy as well. :excited:
    I won;t be here the morning of the 20th atleast not after 5:30, I'll be frantically checking Edexcel and then track.
    I'll need a new keyboard after the 20th my F5 button is gonna be soooo broken.

ReputationRep:
    I got my student finance letter a few days ago that told me when I was getting payments for my grant throughout the year and when the fees would be payed.....that made me feel like I had got my place
    Also on my student finance account on the website it had the dates of the payments and beside the maintanence grant payments they all said APPROVED but beside the tuition fee payments to the uni it said BLOCKED, i thought it said that cos they don't know if Im in yet, but then a few days ago it changed to APPROVED and my intial thoughts were I HAVE GOT IN!! but then it occured to me that it was probably only blocked because they needed to verify with uni the amount the fees are and hence how much student financehad to pay, now that thats been verified it has changed to APPROVED. Whats everyone's thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    Wow alot of posts since last night, do you people never sleep?!

I think this thread makes time go slower than normal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    They can't reject anyone that has firmed them and made the grades, the UCAS offer is a legally binding contract once you accept it.
    I'm not sure about insurance offers, but I'd assume it's the same. If you don't make the grades you haven't fulfilled you end of the contract so they can terminate.
    Trust me my uni is getting away with it, my course only has 25 places, it is capped, and the uni has given conditional offers to over a hundred students, they cant take all hundred in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Wow, neon? Getting ready for a rave? :p:
    Mine are red. :cool:
    Coool, I just havent painted my nails for so long, so to past the time I was hoping to do it I might learn the Beat It dance from Michael Jackson video as well, I feel like in the next 12 days I should just try and past the time by doing things I have been wanting to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    The Unis have a date by which your grades have to be in by, if you get a priority remark you should make it within the deadline, if you don;t get the priority remark your results definitely won't be back in time.
    If you are getting a remark done make sure you let your Uni know as they might hold your place until then.
    ah ok thanks! i just want to have all my bases covered, so i'm prepared for whatever may happen :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph708)

Wait, you sleep?

ReputationRep:

:iiam:
    One thing is for sure, we don't get out much. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    This song automatically came to mind when I read your post. :p:
    (8)I got a feeling, that tonights gonna be a dood night(8)
    :danceboy:

Anyway, I see what you're getting at there, but I wouldn't say I have a good feeling, I'm just a lot calmer than I was a week ago, which is kinda weird considering its getting closer and closer to the day itself. I sorta want this feeling to stay for a while though, but I bet it'll get worse next week when there's like 5 days to go.
    that is well wicked :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Trust me my uni is getting away with it, my course only has 25 places, it is capped, and the uni has given conditional offers to over a hundred students, they cant take all hundred in.
    I don;t see why they can.
    Every University has a cap set by the Gov. if they go over this they get fined. The Universities still have to take you if you get the grades, unless they specify in the offer that you place is conditional on no more than 24 people getting the grades I can't see how they would get away with it.

ReputationRep:

man you really ar elucky. you can sleep

ReputationRep:
    Off to make lunch, brb.

ReputationRep:

Lol I am an only child and all my friends are busy working or doing family stuff Cacking it about results day so continously posting on this thread gives me peace of mind

Oh yeah and I have terrible sleeping patterns I sleep from 5am til 7am and have naps from like 6pm til 10

So that is the answers behind the mystery which is me LOL

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:
    One thing is for sure, we don't get out much. :sigh:
    Speak for yourself. :p:

I'm just.. relaxing today. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Lady Gaga is a hermaphrodite lolz

ReputationRep:
    Could someone look at post 3286? Has this happened to anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Coool, I just havent painted my nails for so long, so to past the time I was hoping to do it I might learn the Beat It dance from Michael Jackson video as well, I feel like in the next 12 days I should just try and past the time by doing things I have been wanting to do
    Thriller's better! :p: I'd like to see someone do the Smooth Criminal dance with the lean lol

Sounds like a good plan!

ReputationRep:

I didn't sleep last night at all because it was ridiculously hot in my room. I managed 3 hours this morning though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.