Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Pizza Hut brownies are sooo niiiicee
    I love Pizza Hut's warm cookie dough :drool: :drool:, I haven't had pizza hut for two months now . I'm trying to stay away from the fast food and be healthy.

I've only been able to stay away from this thread for about 10 minutes!!!

Only 12 days to go, I'm still in disbelief!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Could someone look at post 3286? Has this happened to anyone?
    I'd just be glad you got your grant. I'm relying on my grant to put me through the year. At the moment my maintenance loan and bursary only just covers accomadation. So I'm looking at dipping into my savings/overdraft before I even step foot in my Uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Thriller's better! :p: I'd like to see someone do the Smooth Criminal dance with the lean lol

Sounds like a good plan!
    Oh yeah Thriller is good, might try and learn that too..

Is it just me but with Beat It, it just makes you want to dance :\

If I tried to do the leany thing from Smooth Criminal, I would get sued :p: because it was patented by MJ

(Original post by Zay18)
    I love Pizza Hut's warm cookie dough :drool: :drool:, I haven't had pizza hut for two months now . I'm trying to stay away from the fast food and be healthy.

I've only been able to stay away from this thread for about 10 minutes!!!

Only 12 days to go, I'm still in disbelief!!!
    I had pizza hut last week, I am trying to steer clear from obvious bad fast food but have nandos coming my way in 2 hours...

I might have a blow out the night before results, would be nice

ReputationRep:
    12.5 days
    12.5 days
    12.5 days
    12.5 days

Don't Panic

I hope the papers have been scanned in correctly and that attachment sheet of decision 2 isn't lost because no treasurey tags. I wonder what happens if it gets lost. That would probably cost me a A in FM and maybe a place at uni. Anyway, if it does then I can just feel in one of the complaints thing.

ReputationRep:
    Thriller's better! :p: I'd like to see someone do the Smooth Criminal dance with the lean lol

Sounds like a good plan!
    me and my friend tried to learn the smooth criminal move-it was disasterous to say the least! and then we made the mistake of googling how to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    Trust me my uni is getting away with it, my course only has 25 places, it is capped, and the uni has given conditional offers to over a hundred students, they cant take all hundred in.
    Surely not all the people with offers will have put your university as their firm though??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Hey don't cry. :console:

Have you told your unis about being ill? Even if the exam board consideration doesn't bump up enough marks for you, the uni might still take you in. And you might even have done well enough to get the grade you need regardless of special consideration.
    Do you think that's possible even if you've done worse on one paper than the other? They have said that its a C or nothing and they aren't taking my ill health into account either at the Uni.

ReputationRep:
    I had pizza hut last week, I am trying to steer clear from obvious bad fast food but have nandos coming my way in 2 hours...

I might have a blow out the night before results, would be nice
    Your lucky, I think I'll be tempted to indulge in some chocolate cake or fast food the night before results. But my only concern is if I don't get good grades I think I'll throw up everything I ate that night which won't be a pretty sight!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .[s)
    char[/s].]me and my friend tried to learn the smooth criminal move-it was disasterous to say the least! and then we made the mistake of googling how to do it
    It broke my heart finding out about the special shoes! I thought MJ had found a way to defy gravity! :p:

And xcrushesx, I didn't know MJ patened it! That sucks! I'm going to learn the Thriller dance. You've inspired me! :p: Beat it makes me want to dance too. But then every MJ song does, even ones like Earth Song lol

Edit: And how the fudge is it 12 days already? It was 2weeks two days ago... Oh... It's ok lol
    Blonde moment! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    12.5 days
    12.5 days
    12.5 days
    12.5 days

Don't Panic

I hope the papers have been scanned in correctly and that attachment sheet of decision 2 isn't lost because no treasurey tags. I wonder what happens if it gets lost. That would probably cost me a A in FM and maybe a place at uni. Anyway, if it does then I can just feel in one of the complaints thing.

:eek: :eek: :eek: THATS JUST FREAKED ME OUT OMGGGGG well at least im going away next week from the 13th to 18th should ease the pressure.....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    I didn't sleep last night at all because it was ridiculously hot in my room. I managed 3 hours this morning though
    I don't have a room at the moment...I'm sleeping in the lounge on the floor while my brother moves into my room cos I'll be leaving soon :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    I don't have a room at the moment...I'm sleeping in the lounge on the floor while my brother moves into my room cos I'll be leaving soon :mad: :p:
    Lol, I thought my family were bad. I overheard them discussing what they were going to do with my room when I leave. It'll either become a study or go to my older sister,

ReputationRep:
    I have a question... and I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but I searched and am pretty sure it hasn't.
    I lost my login ResultsPlus PIN number, contacted my school, and they told me to call back on results day to get it (great help, not). I wonder if the university statuses on Track update automatically even if I haven't been able to check my results yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    Your lucky, I think I'll be tempted to indulge in some chocolate cake or fast food the night before results. But my only concern is if I don't get good grades I think I'll throw up everything I ate that night which won't be a pretty sight!!!
    Lol a sea of chocolate wrappers will surround me and my laptop

It broke my heart finding out about the special shoes! I thought MJ had found a way to defy gravity! :p:

And xcrushesx, I didn't know MJ patened it! That sucks! I'm going to learn the Thriller dance. You've inspired me! :p: Beat it makes me want to dance too. But then every MJ song does, even ones like Earth Song lol

Edit: And how the fudge is it 12 days already? It was 2weeks two days ago... Oh... It's ok lol
    Blonde moment! :p:
    Yay I am glad I have inspired you But I think I got it wrong, MJ patented the product that allows him to do that leany thing :p:

"The props needed for their technique were patented in the United States by Jackson in 1993"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Lol, I thought my family were bad. I overheard them discussing what they were going to do with my room when I leave. It'll either become a study or go to my older sister,
    Well my brother is at home for another 7 years so I suppose it does make sense.

I just don't like sleeping in the lounge in the meanwhile!

On topic, I'm swinging from terror to complacency on a regular basis about my results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Well my brother is at home for another 7 years so I suppose it does make sense.

I just don't like sleeping in the lounge in the meanwhile!

On topic, I'm swinging from terror to complacency on a regular basis about my results!
    This thread miraculously keeps my mind off it :eek:

SPAMMING FTW...

(why does spam mean abuse of electronic messaging systems and also mean canned luncheon meat loool)

Ooh found the answer apparently

"It is widely believed the term spam is derived from the 1970 SPAM sketch of the BBC television comedy series "Monty Python's Flying Circus".[11]

The sketch is set in a cafe where nearly every item on the menu includes SPAM canned luncheon meat. As the waiter recites the SPAM-filled menu, a chorus of Viking patrons drowns out all conversations with a song repeating "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... lovely SPAM, wonderful SPAM", hence "SPAMming" the dialogue. The excessive amount of SPAM mentioned in the sketch is a reference to British rationing during World War II.[citation needed] SPAM was one of the few meat products that was excluded from rationing,[dubious – discuss] and hence was widely available."

ReputationRep:
    "It is widely believed the term spam is derived from the 1970 SPAM sketch of the BBC television comedy series "Monty Python's Flying Circus".[11]

The sketch is set in a cafe where nearly every item on the menu includes SPAM canned luncheon meat. As the waiter recites the SPAM-filled menu, a chorus of Viking patrons drowns out all conversations with a song repeating "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... lovely SPAM, wonderful SPAM", hence "SPAMming" the dialogue. The excessive amount of SPAM mentioned in the sketch is a reference to British rationing during World War II.[citation needed] SPAM was one of the few meat products that was excluded from rationing,[dubious – discuss] and hence was widely available."
    You so wikipedia-ed this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    You so wikipedia-ed this.
    I sooo did :p:

What gave it away, the citations? or was because WIKIPEDIA IS THE GREAT THING ON EARTH

:rolleyes:

loool haha

ReputationRep:
    This thread miraculously keeps my mind off it :eek:

SPAMMING FTW...

(why does spam mean abuse of electronic messaging systems and also mean canned luncheon meat loool)

Ooh found the answer apparently

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL hahahah 2 funny anyone sorted out their student finance yet i jsut wrote a 2 page letter of 520 words:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance has been a joke, not straightforward at all.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.