Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedRevolver)
    Which is why I know intelligent people sitting this years AS who got a U or only slightly better?

You don't like it when older people go on about how easy A2s are, so don't start being a tit just because you've already done it.

Hindsight, love, is a beautiful thing. When you're doing it for the first time, no matter how easy it might be viewed, it's still difficult.

Not that Psychology seems particularly difficult anyway.
    Psychology isn't particularly difficult.

The reason why intelligent people get Us in it is because it's all cramming based, with a little essay skill required. If you don't cram the many theories and studies then you can't write a thing.

My point is, I only saw the memory section of that paper. Memory is not a hard topic, but the difference is that in the current paper you have to organise the facts into an essay form.
    In the paper I saw you just had to fill in a table and answer 2 mark questions, like a GCSE science paper.

Same facts, different examination method.

ReputationRep:
    i phoned up student finance the ther day to see what was going on, long story short the guy said if i hadn't got it through by the 20th (he didn't see the significance in that date) to call him up and he'll go find out where my evidence things have gone, so i'm waiting on that as well.... :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Ooh found the answer apparently

"It is widely believed the term spam is derived from the 1970 SPAM sketch of the BBC television comedy series "Monty Python's Flying Circus".[11]

The sketch is set in a cafe where nearly every item on the menu includes SPAM canned luncheon meat. As the waiter recites the SPAM-filled menu, a chorus of Viking patrons drowns out all conversations with a song repeating "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM, SPAM... lovely SPAM, wonderful SPAM", hence "SPAMming" the dialogue. The excessive amount of SPAM mentioned in the sketch is a reference to British rationing during World War II.[citation needed] SPAM was one of the few meat products that was excluded from rationing,[dubious – discuss] and hence was widely available."
    I did a whole practice English Language A2 exam paper on this very fact. The Monty Python script was one of the pieces of data we could use as evidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fran Katzenjammer)
    Psychology isn't particularly difficult.

The reason why intelligent people get Us in it is because it's all cramming based, with a little essay skill required. If you don't cram the many theories and studies then you can't write a thing.

My point is, I only saw the memory section of that paper. Memory is not a hard topic, but the difference is that in the current paper you have to organise the facts into an essay form.
    In the paper I saw you just had to fill in a table and answer 2 mark questions, like a GCSE science paper.

Same facts, different examination method.
    I did AS Psych AQA (A) it was all just memorising studies, about 5 or six theories but the rest were studies and it's not that you have to know what they found for the high marks you have to know what they did, what their aim was, what they found, what conclusions could be drawn from it and what criticisms of the study there were/are. All that for each study really takes a toll.
    Psych is really just wrote memorising and regurgitation

ReputationRep:
    Student Finance is pissing me off these days. Every time I log on online to check the status it keeps saying they'll still entering my data into the system. :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    h,mm im gonna run to the post office to send the letter ooff

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing, I go away to make lunch and you produce only 2 pages? :hmmm:

You people disgust me! :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Why is there another thread which is about the worse case scenario that could occur on the 20th?
    Why do people torture themselves so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Lol, I thought my family were bad. I overheard them discussing what they were going to do with my room when I leave. It'll either become a study or go to my older sister,
    My dad's already got me packed up to go :mad: cos he's moving in with his girlfriend the second i go, and then i will be homeless! except for uni accom of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslaurabee)
    I did a whole practice English Language A2 exam paper on this very fact. The Monty Python script was one of the pieces of data we could use as evidence
    Wow really! How ironic :p: That must've been cool using The Monty Python script as evidence lol

(Original post by Joy Division)
    Disappointing, I go away to make lunch and you produce only 2 pages? :hmmm:

You people disgust me! :sigh:
    "I'm only one man!" looool

LOL! 50 posts in an hour its nearly 1 post per minute is quite good

[A bit off topic]

I was thinking about the Ronnie Biggs situation, people going on like ooh making him a free man is wrong, they do forget that the doctors are giving him until weekend to live... Saying he had no remorse for his actions, maybe he didn't but he was amongst 14 other men so don't pin the Great Robbery just on him. He may've been on the run for 35 years when he was meant to be doing time which I understand is bad, but they seriously are acting he was a serial killer, I read up on the Great Robbery and the only casualty was the Train Driver and it didn't even say that he was beaten by Ronnie Biggs so yeah, I just feel people are either not reading the facts or are exaggerating a bit on this whole matter....

I mean there are worse things happening that are worth reporting than the release of a man who probably wont make it past monday...
    15 men stole 2.3 million pounds in that robbery, but there are worse crimes than that....

He was 18 when he committed the crime and is 78 years old now, I mean c'mon....

Rant over

Oh yeah 12 days and 12 hours

ReputationRep:
    hello im back just spent ages reading the last 6[probably double on your lots as mines set to 30 pp] pages or so

anyhoo i managed 6 hours sleep which is NOT enough for me so i'll prob sleep again in a bit

and can i just say about Psychology again: the amount of case studies and research i had to learn was torturous-about ~20 of them..with methods results conclusions and the dreaded evaluation!!!

had to make so many mnemonics but seriously it was tough and damaging if you forget one vital one

worst thing was the fact that i learnt about 20 as i said and didnt even use about half of them:motz:

anyhoo

12 days

it just occurred to me that we have two more thursdays to pass us by before we have them WTF!!!!:/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    hello im back just spent ages reading the last 6[probably double on your lots as mines set to 30 pp] pages or so

anyhoo i managed 6 hours sleep which is NOT enough for me so i'll prob sleep again in a bit

and can i just say about Psychology again: the amount of case studies and research i had to learn was torturous-about ~20 of them..with methods results conclusions and the dreaded evaluation!!!

had to make so many mnemonics but seriously it was tough and damaging if you forget one vital one

worst thing was the fact that i learnt about 20 as i said and didnt even use about half of them:motz:

anyhoo

12 days

it just occurred to me that we have two more thursdays to pass us by before we have them WTF!!!!:/
    I had 2 learn 20 case studies twice because I resat one paper! Gosh it was a bugger, you'd think learning it before would make it easier but after you finish the exams on June you don't really think you'll have to do them again sometimes...

In A2 I had to learn 48 studies, truly sucked!

ReputationRep:
    for the last hour, i forgot about results' day. i think i shd eat more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Speak for yourself. :p:

I'm just.. relaxing today. :ninja:
    Yeah sure, relaxing at the computer whilst it's sunny outside! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Lady Gaga is a hermaphrodite lolz
    "I have a really big donkey ****"
    LAD GAGA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHTtNWdAns
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Why did I join this forum? Reading everything on here has made me more nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure, relaxing at the computer whilst it's sunny outside! :p:
    Psh, don't know where you are, but its raining here. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    LAD GAGA
    i'm impressed at the increase in rep :huff: :yes: :p: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    LAD GAGA
    HAHA she looked pissed when she said that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUlSCpURc3M

:eek:

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'm impressed at the increase in rep :huff: :yes: :p: :woo: :woo: :eek3: :eek3:
    Oh yeah Joy Division you lucky bugger It took me years to get this much rep loool

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.