Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    aaa readin this forum reminded me how nervous i shud be about the results XD i was doin a gud job until now too =D any idea what time track is updated on results day?
    Around 6:30 am? The site will probably crash anyway from everyone trying to get on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    aaa readin this forum reminded me how nervous i shud be about the results XD i was doin a gud job until now too =D any idea what time track is updated on results day?
    About 8am according to UCAS but they might open it early so I'm probably going to be up at 5am refreshing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miz_perfecto)
    hmmmm guys im jetting gonna go relax and try and get a good night sleep !!! will be back 2mrow to view most spam the thread will probabli be 200 pages!!!! the way you guys are going....keeep it up gta be the scots:p:
    Everyone is leaving now.

ReputationRep:
    i ahve been sleeping for the last 1 and a half hour but its seems like in those gew minutes hundreds of guys have been posting and i have missed a lot. at least now am back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    Around 6:30 am? The site will probably crash anyway from everyone trying to get on it.
    Thanx for replies ^-^ an aaa i dunno whether i want to check track!! if i daint get in to the uni i want i wont wanna get my results XD what are others doin?

ReputationRep:
    scrap the reading; mother told me to help her with something and now it's soap (tv) time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    Hey I see you do Spanish, is it OCR?

Yeah this thread has turned into an asylum. :p:
    nope AQA

ReputationRep:
    At first I was adamant that I'd check track before I went into school as our time is 11:30am. But now, the more I think about it, the more I realise that I don't wanna know before I go in. I'll be devestated and I won't wanna go in and see the disappointing looks on teacher's faces, as well as seeing friends.

Instead I'll pick up the independant on the way to school and start reading, so that I'm ready in case I need the clearing lists. Then I can find out... then I'll go on track.

ReputationRep:
    this may sound kinda harsh, but how gutted would u be if u went on track at 6am, after staying awake all night due to nerves....

and u got into neither your firm or insurance.

would u actually turn up to school to get your results?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This is what I get for being gone for 10 hours. About 10,000 pages to read. I really can't be bothered.
    Evening everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    At first I was adamant that I'd check track before I went into school as our time is 11:30am. But now, the more I think about it, the more I realise that I don't wanna know before I go in. I'll be devestated and I won't wanna go in and see the disappointing looks on teacher's faces, as well as seeing friends.

Instead I'll pick up the independant on the way to school and start reading, so that I'm ready in case I need the clearing lists. Then I can find out... then I'll go on track.

Thats exactly what i thaught! i dont think i could face the people at school if i failed to get into my firm XD Think im gonna wait too =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)

People keep saying things like "If I don't get into my firm I'll be in a state, I don't want to be crying all over everyone".

The way I see it: If I don't get into my firm, I'll cry. But if i DO get into my firm, I'll probably still cry!

I'm going for the traditional way of finding out after I get results

ReputationRep:
    298 hours and 8 mins! :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    hehe yup a day full of crying XD hopefully for good reasons!

ReputationRep:
    lol.

i cried when i got a conditional from my firm so GOD knows what im gonna be like on results day, either way.

ugh this will be a situation that will upset me though - if you get into ur uni, but your best friend doesnt. what to do?

ReputationRep:
    :sad: :eek: :no: :dontknow: :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    lol.

i cried when i got a conditional from my firm so GOD knows what im gonna be like on results day, either way.

ugh this will be a situation that will upset me though - if you get into ur uni, but your best friend doesnt. what to do?

Eeek yes tht wud be an arkward situation! hmm sympathise an try not to mension ur success i guess. An the normal 'it will turn out alrite'. =P Then when theyve gone you can CELEBRATE! =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :sad: :eek: :no: :dontknow: :erm:

lol. nice.

i think this is actually quite accurate too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    lol.

I was very excited about my Exeter offer, and was 'meh' about my UEA offer because - now this will sound cocky - I was expecting to get in. Predicted AAA, they want ABB, sooo...

But I know I'll be excited if I get the grades.

ReputationRep:
    thing was i was in a similar situation last year wit the AS results. i was walking into collect them, my best friend comes up to me and tells me she failed chemistry, and hysterically crying. (she wanted to be a vet) and i was very O_O.

got my results, i did fine, and she was with me, and i was soooo not wanting to tell her that I got a B, when she got U..... :/ kinda spoilt my day really.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.