Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    damn I just want it to be over with already :motz:

ReputationRep:
    So, because I'm too lazy to read back the last eight zillion pages, can someone please set me straight; what time is Track updated, and will we know whether we got into our unis before we get results?

I can't think about it. I keep veering between thinking I did OK and thinking I failed everything and imagining that horrible moment when either Track updates and says "Unsuccessful" or, WORSE, it DOESN'T UPDATE and I have to go into school and face all the teachers who said I'd never get a Cambridge offer NOT HAVING MET IT.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Malsy)
    12 days is better than 13...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    thing was i was in a similar situation last year wit the AS results. i was walking into collect them, my best friend comes up to me and tells me she failed chemistry, and hysterically crying. (she wanted to be a vet) and i was very O_O.

got my results, i did fine, and she was with me, and i was soooo not wanting to tell her that I got a B, when she got U..... :/ kinda spoilt my day really.
    Yeah, that happened to me in March. I did quite well in my January modules, but my friend didn't do as good in any of her exams, so we couldn't really celebrate or say much. It gets really awkward when that happens. :erm:

On another note, you have some major eye candy in your sig. :teeth: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Yeah, that happened to me in March. I did quite well in my January modules, but my friend didn't do as good in any of her exams, so we couldn't really celebrate or say much. It gets really awkward when that happens. :erm:

On another note, you have some major eye candy in your sig. :teeth: :p:
    i know i was collecting the avatars before, and changed it about an hour ago.

cause im rewatching one tree hill and embracing CMM for the sheer perfection that he is made me make the sig XD

ReputationRep:
    Chad :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    i know i was collecting the avatars before, and changed it about an hour ago.

cause im rewatching one tree hill and embracing CMM for the sheer perfection that he is made me make the sig XD
    CMM is pretty gorgeous. :yep:
    I wasn't happy when he shaved all his hair off, though. :no: Thankfully its grown back, now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlottesometimes)
    So, because I'm too lazy to read back the last eight zillion pages, can someone please set me straight; what time is Track updated, and will we know whether we got into our unis before we get results?

I can't think about it. I keep veering between thinking I did OK and thinking I failed everything and imagining that horrible moment when either Track updates and says "Unsuccessful" or, WORSE, it DOESN'T UPDATE and I have to go into school and face all the teachers who said I'd never get a Cambridge offer NOT HAVING MET IT.
    Basicallyon yougofurther UCAS threads have said they dont have a precise time but it will be up by 8am but saying that scottish results came out the other day and it didnt update till 9.30 so who knows. I shall be checking every few hours that night! It depends when your results ae available. Mine are open form 8am from school so if track doesnt update by 7.45 then im going to school for results. Hopefully track will be updated early!
    Yehi just want to know and am trying not to think about it. Im too busy to think about it to be honest! Its when the dreams start its time to worry and that aint started yet :-)
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    he looks soooo wrong with no hair. -_- i was very O_O when i saw it. but i dnt think i have ever quite been so glad that hair grows back until that very moment....

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be able to resist the temptation to check Track and also if I don't get in I need that time to get myself sorted and start preparing for Clearing i.e buying the Independent etc :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Help me! I'm quite scared now!!! Less than two weeks, I'm really not feeling good now, I think I will stay at home the few days before, back to school, I hate the damn place!!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone on here will be saying what grades they have gotten whilst I wait untill midday to find out. So long, 5 hours between when track updates and actually know my results.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently stress makes me sleepy, since i started getting worried about results i've begun napping again hmmm.
    I'm unsure about checking track in the morning :s

ReputationRep:
    i have to wait till 10 to get mine too! stupid school doin things late =P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was really excited about results day as I was fairly sure I've got the grades, so I was just looking forward to seeing what I got and celebrating and so on but then I read this thread and realised what if my friends don't get in they will be upset and stuff, and then I thought what if I dont get in, and looking back chem 4 was really bad so now I'm a bit depressed as I was just imagining one big party and I'm convinced I haven't got a B in chemistry...great.

300 (ish) hours everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Just a reminder for everyone - if you're doing Edexcel exams and your schools given you a little edexcel slip thing, you can access your results (for edexcel boards only) at 6am on the 20th!

ReputationRep:
    aaa im trying not to think about it too much. It cant be changed now =( doesnt stop me frm being rather nervous though! An were having our party the day afta so if ppl dnt get too good they have the day to forget bout it, then can ave a gd time the next day =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I know, I wish it could be over and done with!!!! :bawling: :banghead: :s: :cry: :sad:

Gosh I'm away for about two hours and I had to read four pages. But I'm so proud of you, spam all the way to two hundred pages!!! :p: We've nearly reached the two hundred mark and we've still got 12 days to go, were definately going to beat the Scotts!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I know, I wish it could be over and done with!!!! :bawling: :banghead: :s: :cry: :sad:

Gosh I'm away for about two hours and I had to read four pages. But I'm so proud of you, spam all the way to two hundred pages!!! :p: We've nearly reached the two hundred mark and we've still got 12 days to go, were definitely going to beat the Scotts!!
    What did the Scots get up to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosh_123)
    Just a reminder for everyone - if you're doing Edexcel exams and your schools given you a little edexcel slip thing, you can access your results (for edexcel boards only) at 6am on the 20th!
    :eek: :eek: i never knew tht!! thanx for telling me XD hmm now ive gotta decide whether to get my eng lit results before bio an psych!! XD

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.