Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    good luck everyone

'i hope you get the grade you deserve' - which was basically our old teachers' way of saying i hope you don't get an A if you were a lazy ****!
    No wonder my photography teacher used to say it to me all the time!

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one who is 100% not checking track before they go and get their results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Am I the only one who is 100% not checking track before they go and get their results?
    I'm not going to check..if i can resist at least :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not. Mainly because Oxford are notoriously slow at updating track and I think seeing an unchanged screen will do nothing for my nerves. Also, I want the experience of being around all my friends and teachers when I find out. Well this is how I feel at the moment anyway, I might crack on results day...

How come you won't be checking track?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think i'm going to check, unless i randomly wake up at half 6 and succumb to pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tabbycat1)
    I'm not. Mainly because Oxford are notoriously slow at updating track and I think seeing an unchanged screen will do nothing for my nerves. Also, I want the experience of being around all my friends and teachers when I find out. Well this is how I feel at the moment anyway, I might crack on results day...

How come you won't be checking track?
    Well, if I didn't make it into my firm, I wouldn't be able to pick myself up and walk into 6th form to collect my results, knowing I'd let myself down, and seeing everyone's expectant faces.

ReputationRep:
    I'm checking track because I don't want to go into college to see i've failed then breakdown :p: (hopefully that won't happen!)
    I still think its too much of an 'easy' option though, waiting all these months just to find your fate on a computer screen..

ReputationRep:
    I'm not - partly because I'd prefer to know my actual grades first, but mostly because there is no way I'm getting up for half six in the holidays. No way :p:

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHH NO!
    I've been waiting my butt off, thinking it was somewhere between 12th and 15th..
    12 more days?! Seriously, this is stressful!
    Over here, public schools get results like 2 months back.. And I can't get accepted into Uni until I get these results.
    :woo:
    -hopes the days pass by quicker!!-

Good Luck all!

ReputationRep:
    Well, if I didn't make it into my firm, I wouldn't be able to pick myself up and walk into 6th form to collect my results, knowing I'd let myself down, and seeing everyone's expectant faces.

Thats exactly why im not checking track! i wouldnt want my results if i never got in to firm =( =(

ReputationRep:

OH MY GOSH I can just imagine that! I can see everyone running around happy and me being the only person not to get in, and the journey to my school is a long one so I will just be a wailing wreck on the bus, AND I'm going with a friend so that's just going to be awkward if I don't get in. AHHH I hate this!........:woo: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    22:23

:smartass:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    tomorrow is my birthday
    Happy Birthday!!!! :birthday: :yay: Hope you enjoy it!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Thats exactly why im not checking track! i wouldnt want my results if i never got in to firm =( =(
    I need to feel in control though, so I really want track to update if I can go to school. That way, if I haven't got into my firm I know that I can buy the independent and go to school ready to ring them up when I know my results - I couldn't bear it if I didn't know, went into school, got my results and then had to try and find a computer somewhere to check if they'd accepted me!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    I need to feel in control though, so I really want track to update if I can go to school. That way, if I haven't got into my firm I know that I can buy the independent and go to school ready to ring them up when I know my results - I couldn't bear it if I didn't know, went into school, got my results and then had to try and find a computer somewhere to check if they'd accepted me!!
    Good point! i guess i jus wont be able to think practically if i dont do good, even though i have too think practically an sort it out XD oh i jus want to get it over an done with XD its sendin me crazy :woo:

ReputationRep:
    10 pages in 4 hours?!?!?! I'm not even gonna bother trying to catch up

ReputationRep:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH!

SO SO SO SO scared about the-day-that-shall-not-be-mentioned-in-my-house.
    The worst thing is knowing that there is nothing else you can do except wait...
    *Goes off to sob in a corner*

ReputationRep:
    I know i feel so helpless =( come on i want them now! why do they make us wait!Tourture i tell you!!! =P

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually starting to get angry at this wait, at first I was scared apprehensive etc. about results, now I just want them and despise whoevers decision it was to make them come out so late.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god, in an hour and 10 minutes, it will be 11 DAYS!!!!

( sorry for any heart attacks caused :tongue: )

That sounds SO SO soon! In the past hour I've suddenly had a major results freak out, they come so sporadically I'm never prepared and go into complete psycho mode, ARGHHHH :woo: :shock:

Btw, whilst I'm here, a question. I did my results at a private candidates centre, and they gave me the slip for Edexcel results plus, but they also gave a note telling me to email them between 7th-12th (or something) about my Edexcel plus slip. Only problem is I lost the note and can't remember what they wanted me to email them about, or why I had to do it. I would've thought that if I've got the pin, and I've logged in fine, that everything's done? :confused:

Can anyone think what this is about? I hope this doesn't mean I won't get my results... Do they need it to 'sign up' or something? I thought once you got your pin, it was all done.....

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.