Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can just picture the staff at UCAS sitting watching this thread develop, sniggering and taking pleasure and relishing in our pain and torture :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    I can just picture the staff at UCAS sitting watching this thread develop, sniggering and taking pleasure and relishing in our pain and torture :mad:
    Oh UCAS staff, if you are out there reading this, please bear the following in mind: we are the leaders of the future. We will soon control the country. Your lives will be very, very miserable.
    Yours,
    Every student, everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Number6)
    I'm not - partly because I'd prefer to know my actual grades first, but mostly because there is no way I'm getting up for half six in the holidays. No way
    Your lucky. I won't be able to fall asleep the day before!

ReputationRep:
    :eek: this time next week the unis should have our results!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    haha the ITV news guy just corpse laughed after a news item about swine flu!
    Tenuous link I know but a swine flu article made my morning!

Apparently the guy who sneezes in the government ads has actually caught it:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)

Dear Mr and Mrs UCAS,

Even though I haven't met my offer, it wasn't my fault, the examiners were horrid and set the hardest question ever. Can you please feel sorry for me and change my grade so I get in anyway? :puppyeyes:

Yours,

A very stressed but capable student :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    Oh UCAS staff, if you are out there reading this, please bear the following in mind: we are the leaders of the future. We will soon control the country. Your lives will be very, very miserable.
    Yours,
    Every student, everywhere.
    XD XD!! Yes if we threaten them enough they may give in and give them us XD!Or at least hurry them up!! =P
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dumbdunc)
    Tenuous link I know but a swine flu article made my morning!

Apparently the guy who sneezes in the government ads has actually caught it:p:
    OMG Me and my friend were on the tube today talking about how he must be such a social pariah cause of that advert!! It was only a matter of time I s'pose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Oh my god, in an hour and 10 minutes, it will be 11 DAYS!!!!

( sorry for any heart attacks caused :tongue: )

That sounds SO SO soon! In the past hour I've suddenly had a major results freak out, they come so sporadically I'm never prepared and go into complete psycho mode, ARGHHHH :woo: :shock:

Btw, whilst I'm here, a question. I did my results at a private candidates centre, and they gave me the slip for Edexcel results plus, but they also gave a note telling me to email them between 7th-12th (or something) about my Edexcel plus slip. Only problem is I lost the note and can't remember what they wanted me to email them about, or why I had to do it. I would've thought that if I've got the pin, and I've logged in fine, that everything's done? :confused:

Can anyone think what this is about? I hope this doesn't mean I won't get my results... Do they need it to 'sign up' or something? I thought once you got your pin, it was all done.....
    No idea, but I'd just email them and ask them about the entire process.

Hopefully their reply will be broad enough to cover the problems!

ReputationRep:
    And that 11 days I just quoted is nasty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    OMG Me and my friend were on the tube today talking about how he must be such a social pariah cause of that advert!! It was only a matter of time I s'pose.
    Its just slightly amusing imagining him re-enacting the advert for real :p:

Or is it just me who has such a sadistic sense of humour?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    :puppyeyes:

:cry:
    :hmmm:
    :stomp:
    aww

:hugs:

BTW Tis back from my nap and I don't think I had a vivid dream... wait..wait..I did I just can't remember much of it

Awaiting the new week to start will be painful because it'll be "This time next week.." blah blah blah :| Fuggles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wootwootwoot)
    I'm actually starting to get angry at this wait, at first I was scared apprehensive etc. about results, now I just want them and despise whoevers decision it was to make them come out so late.

i'm angry at you too:mad:

:p:

Joking anyway I was a bit angry today too thinking how ''long'' away it is but as long as we have each other to spur and cheer each other on we'll be fine

it is a countodnw after all:yes:

even if you did neg me:shifty: i'm willing to forgive

ReputationRep:
    aha xcrushesx youve probly heard this a load but your sig is the best!! XD teehee it made me chuckle!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i'm angry at you too:mad:

Joking anyway I was a bit angry today too thinking how ''long'' away it is but as long as we have each other to spur and cheer each other on we'll be fine

it is a countodnw after all:yes:

even if you did neg me:shifty: i'm willing to forgive
    I got negged for no reason yesterday.... the comment was just 'lololololololololol'....:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    I used to spell it like that when I was little (I know better now:p: )
    God, Jeremy Kyle is such an arrogant man, raising his finger to the audience to shush them - its just rude!
    I know I don't like that man, it is a cringey moment to watch him talk...because you can tell he is being pompous even though, most guests on there are pretty much low lifes but still, hide your snobbishness, like it do...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Joking that was very rude of me.... I shall paint my nails another coat as punishment..

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :woo: :woo: :woo:

random hyper moment sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    I am having nandos today
    I'm having nando's tomorrow! and nandos in nigeria is eight timnes spicier than in the uk, so that should take my mind off results for a while :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)

Dear Mr and Mrs UCAS,

Even though I haven't met my offer, it wasn't my fault, the examiners were horrid and set the hardest question ever. Can you please feel sorry for me and change my grade so I get in anyway? :puppyeyes:

Yours,

A very stressed but capable student :flutter:
    Noooooooooooo don't plead with them!!!! they don't deserve it!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok I've caught up now.

Now to comment... :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jerzydee)
    tomorrow is my birthday
    :woo: Happy Birthday (for tomorrow) :birthday:
    :party:

Have a good one! :yeah:

What have you got planned? :danceboy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.