Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Who else wants to take a trip back down memory lane to the exam they are most worrying about? :tongue:

For me, it's Edexcel History module 6 - the Nazi paper. Which was so bad it was in the PAPER and has it's own Facebook group.

It's worth the most out of all three A2 History modules, and apparently is the exam where they seperate the "A grade and E grade candidates". Which means as I F***ED it up, I've got an E. Which means I have to do ridiculously well in the other two exams to get an A - which I didn't, I did OK. Which means I'll miss my uni offer.

This wasn't such a good idea
    My worst exam was definately Biology (OCR) Central Concepts. There were about 20 marks of things that I liked, and then nothing else. I know for certain that I got at least 35 marks overall... Thankfully, I only need 174 UMS (high D) overall for the year to get the C I need to get into Uni. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    It's okay. It's only a little threat. It's not like I'm saying I'll kill their families and steal all their worldly goods... :ninja:
    That would work, though. Cos if we threatened to kill their families, they wouldn't dare fail us. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Mine is German. @[email protected] I'm extremely worried about my oral (you'll get a D if it doesn't sound natural) and the writing task(apparantly for writing, you can get a D if you made simple mistakes, also if you did not completely fulfil the bullet points in the "stimulus" of the question - which really isn't fair since they can be extremely vague).

Ahhhh, I'm so scared of results day!!! >___<

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    Who else wants to take a trip back down memory lane to the exam they are most worrying about? :tongue:

For me, it's Edexcel History module 6 - the Nazi paper. Which was so bad it was in the PAPER and has it's own Facebook group.

It's worth the most out of all three A2 History modules, and apparently is the exam where they seperate the "A grade and E grade candidates". Which means as I F***ED it up, I've got an E. Which means I have to do ridiculously well in the other two exams to get an A - which I didn't, I did OK. Which means I'll miss my uni offer.

This wasn't such a good idea
    I think I got no sleep or something because I was tiiiired...

It was a cold day....Mid june I believe..The trees whispered "fail" but I was too kind to oblige (hehehe)... I stepped into the canteen which leads into the exam hall, seeing Government and Politics students staring at me in horror. I always felt a bit uncomfortable, being the only student in that class that has an attendence percentage below 60 :rolleyes:

But I never allowed that to get to me, I tested them, they were clueless, so I shut up for a bit - slightly smug thinking "how the hell do they not know that *****" then time passed to 8:50am where we walked into the exam hall...

The exam paper was waiting on my desk, staring at me like how a woman who thinks their boyfriend's penis is small would stare at him....with dead eyes that would convey the words "just get on with it"

9am struck, It was time to answer, 1 hour and 30 minutes, my time to flourish...

45 mins was meant to be spent on 2 lil questions and 1 lil essay and 45 mins on a 40 mark question...

Baffled by the first question, I spent 25 MINUTES on it (it was worth 8 marks) and slowly fell behind, as pressure increased, I realised I had put myself in a tight position... I had 25 minutes to do a 40 mark question.... I did it, but wondered how much did I leave out... what sort on monstrosity did I create in the last 45 minutes.
    But time was up, I was saddened whilst trying to remain strong, but a part of me died that day... along with my enthusiam for morning exams BECAUSE I WAS KNACKERED AFTER.......

The End

YAY SHORT STORIES

ReputationRep:
    It's okay. It's only a little threat. It's not like I'm saying I'll kill their families and steal all their worldly goods... :ninja:

My Bio synoptic was really weird... They asked us a 10 mark question about how respiration and photosynthesis worked together - describe the pathways. They gave us the diagram. We literally wrote out the drawing. I think I failed that paper... :eek3:

This happens far too often to me. I hate it. Was it one of those really annoying, tiny, almost see-through insignificant ones? Grr.... hate them...
    Yes! Literally the size of a capital letter on here. But my mum's just bought one of those blue light boxes with the sticky paper behind for the kitchen so we will be victorious! :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    That would work, though. Cos if we threatened to kill their families, they wouldn't dare fail us. :ninja:
    :woo: Let's go on a killing spree! :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    I seriously dont understand why we cant know our results now. I mean its all been marked, moderated, and printed by now. I DONT GET IT! Time is going sooooooo slow

ReputationRep:
    The UCAS people evidently get off on our misery :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    naa i ad to face AQA B!!! how u find the edexcel course?
    Ohhh that interesting! :erm:

We also had a DNA essay question in the synoptic (and a question on mineral transport, uptake and usage in plants which I opted to do) so I thought we were on the same board.

The edexcel course was ok. AS was lovely as they usually recycled question every 2/3 years so it was easy to score the higher marks. A2 was a definitely harder but wasn't impossible. It had far too much ecology in it though (which I really disliked), and this year in particular the examiners gave us the hardest possible unit 5 paper they could have written. :mad2:

Ahh well, but yay for lower grade boundaries ey! :p:

ReputationRep:
    im not sure really what exam i hated..i probably didnt like english due to the sheer fact that im not good at it generally..the paper wasnt exactly hard it's just ...i'm not good at it! argh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Spain tomorrow, should make the week go by quicker! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimbus)
    Mine is German. @[email protected] I'm extremely worried about my oral (you'll get a D if it doesn't sound natural) and the writing task(apparantly for writing, you can get a D if you made simple mistakes, also if you did not completely fulfil the bullet points in the "stimulus" of the question - which really isn't fair since they can be extremely vague).

Ahhhh, I'm so scared of results day!!! >___<
    Eeeek that sounds darm hard! How can you make it sound natural if your not naturally german!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Ohhh that interesting! :erm:

We also had a DNA essay question in the synoptic (and a question on mineral transport, uptake and usage in plants which I opted to do) so I thought we were on the same board.

The edexcel course was ok. AS was lovely as they usually recycled question every 2/3 years so it was easy to score the higher marks. A2 was a definitely harder but wasn't impossible. It had far too much ecology in it though (which I really disliked), and this year in particular the examiners gave us the hardest possible unit 5 paper they could have written. :mad2:

Ahh well, but yay for lower grade boundaries ey! :p:
    Aha that does sound strangely like my course XD maybe in not on AQA!! I thaught module 5 was alrite as half of it was coursework(which i got an A on =P) but i agree waaay too much Ecology an borin bits! even though i still decided to do it at uni XD XD fingers crossed or a B!!

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember most of my exams anymore but I had to run out of FP3 because I thought I was going to be sick :\
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Number6)
    I can't really remember most of my exams anymore but I had to run out of FP3 because I thought I was going to be sick :\
    And this, children, is what maths does to you.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Let's go on a killing spree! :ninja2:
    :ninja:
    You first. :p:

(Original post by lnjames)
    I'm off to Spain tomorrow, should make the week go by quicker! :awesome:
    Lucky!
    Think of us, panicking and with nothing to do, while you're enjoying the sun. :puppyeyes:
    Have fun. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    And this, children, is what maths does to you.
    aaahaaa!!! Maths is evil!!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    My worst exam was definitely Biology (OCR) Central Concepts. There were about 20 marks of things that I liked, and then nothing else. I know for certain that I got at least 35 marks overall... Thankfully, I only need 174 UMS (high D) overall for the year to get the C I need to get into Uni. :woo:
    I did the central concepts in Jan, gor a B so was happy enough, my worst was the growth development and reproduction I messed it up sooo badly i came home and checked facts....made so many stupid mistakes. My History exams all went WAYYY better than I thought, I was so worried about them, except the synoptic history it was tough but still better than i thought. I didn't have any ICT exams did mine in jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Aha that does sound strangely like my course XD maybe in not on AQA!! I thaught module 5 was alrite as half of it was coursework(which i got an A on =P) but i agree waaay too much Ecology an borin bits! even though i still decided to do it at uni XD XD fingers crossed or a B!!
    You probably are doing AQA and I'm just confusing you seeing as the coursework element on edexcel was in unit 6.

You're doing biology at uni! :woo: Where if you don't mind me asking? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok I'm off for a bit.
    :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.