Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Eeeek that sounds darm hard! How can you make it sound natural if your not naturally german!
    I know! It's crazy! The biggest tip my German teacher gave us before the oral was "make sure you talk just like a German - not pre-learnt but talk simultaneously".
    I think it might be related to the fact that a lot of Germans take the A-lvl(there are 2 half-Germans in my class and everyone apart from me has been to Germany/has German bg so yeah, German A-lvl-ers are very "german" lol), so the standard is already really high...may be?

Some of the questions in the orals were so bizarre that I can't even answer in English, let alone german straight away. @[email protected](but somehow I managed to talk about random stuff...hopefully that'll do it..x__x).

I wonder what I'll get..o__O (I really need an A..ahhhhh).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    im not sure really what exam i hated..i probably didnt like english due to the sheer fact that im not good at it generally..the paper wasnt exactly hard it's just ...i'm not good at it! argh.
    Same. I can't stand English so I just don't enjoy those exams at all (not that I enjoy any exam in particular). Still, that's the one I'll do worst in.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by random-ray)
    I did the central concepts in Jan, gor a B so was happy enough, my worst was the growth development and reproduction I messed it up sooo badly i came home and checked facts....made so many stupid mistakes. My History exams all went WAYYY better than I thought, I was so worried about them, except the synoptic history it was tough but still better than i thought. I didn't have any ICT exams did mine in jan.
    Lucky :eek: I would have killed to do CC early!!
    I didn't do growth etc. I did Mammalian Physiology. It was boring, but the paper was really synoptic-y. Made me glad I'd just re-done Human Health & Disease, & Transport from AS - I knew the answers my friends didn't! I'm still blates gonna get 173 UMS though.

ReputationRep:
    speaking of ICT, I could have known my ICT result in APRIL!!! I got 277 UMS in AS year and I got 85/100 in Jan there, that gives me 365 UMS.....which means I can't get lower than a C! anyway i did 2 pieces of CW this year.............but my bloomin teacher didn't tell us our marks! If he did and providing the moderator didnt change them too much I would know what I got overall!! Damn teacher!!

ReputationRep:
    :O No one enjoyed my short story on my possibly worst exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    You probably are doing AQA and I'm just confusing you seeing as the coursework element on edexcel was in unit 6.

You're doing biology at uni! :woo: Where if you don't mind me asking? :p:
    Aha an yup, Uni of Birmingham hopefully if i get BBB =D why is you?? =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Lucky!
    Think of us, panicking and with nothing to do, while you're enjoying the sun. :puppyeyes:
    Have fun. :grin:
    Psh, I'll be panicking in the sun more like! TSR members on results day:

:mob:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm going to take this oppertune moment of temporary silence to take my leave.
    Night, all. And... idk, have a good "day" to all the nocturnal people out there Back tomorrow for ELEVEN DAYS!!!

EDIT: It is tomorrow. I'll be back during daylight. Unless I fail at sleeping. Which is likely.

ReputationRep:
    yup im off too peeps! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I'm going to take this oppertune moment of temporary silence to take my leave.
    Night, all. And... idk, have a good "day" to all the nocturnal people out there Back tomorrow for ELEVEN DAYS!!!

EDIT: It is tomorrow. I'll be back during daylight. Unless I fail at sleeping. Which is likely.
    Niight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Aha an yup, Uni of Birmingham hopefully if i get BBB =D why is you?? =P
    Oooh cool! Well good luck!

No I'm not going to Birmingham. Prefer London. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oooh cool! Well good luck!

No I'm not going to Birmingham. Prefer London. :p:
    You have far too many posts on this thread :p: Stop worrying!!

ReputationRep:
    13 days til my birthday *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    :eek: Never...! loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I've tried, but I can't! :afraid:

:p:

EDIT: And we have an ulterior motive too! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey: I'm off as well :sleep:

ReputationRep:
    I've tried, but I can't! :afraid:

:p:
    Coming on TSR and going on this thread isn't helping though, surely? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't even know why I'm posting because I'm not worrying anymore but hi everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I don't even know why I'm posting because I'm not worrying anymore but hi everyone!
    :O lucky, Hiii!!

This thread keeps my mind off results because I am just spamming most of the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    yes but we are all patriotic and this changing this thread from exam stress to us vs scots helps alot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.