Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zay18)
    I'm not keeping track but how many days are left until results day??
    11 apparently, well for 11 days in 5 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    A2 too, it was a weird year for I guess, part of it seems a blur, as soon as I had June resits, I was never seen at college and a teacher had a go at me for not being in class and made me cry :\ loool

Beginning was good though because I was determined to work to the best of my ability, then my laziness kicked in, but I caught up on most if not all my work so I just hope the hard work I put in for revision was enough!

AAB! or even an AAA would be good
    I almost cried! Once when my essay was marked down.

Same here AAB or even AAA but I think just AAB.

What did you apply for at Uni?
    What are you doing up this late?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random-ray)
    speaking of ICT, I could have known my ICT result in APRIL!!! I got 277 UMS in AS year and I got 85/100 in Jan there, that gives me 365 UMS.....which means I can't get lower than a C! anyway i did 2 pieces of CW this year.............but my bloomin teacher didn't tell us our marks! If he did and providing the moderator didnt change them too much I would know what I got overall!! Damn teacher!!
    What examboard/spec did you do?
    AQA?

ReputationRep:
    :O I am split between both, used to LOVE cats but then so much people I know have dogs and I love them now, maybe I should get a cat-dog :p: lool

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Haha; I saw my English teacher last year before getting the results, and he was grinning at me like a maniac but I think at that point you're so far gone into "OMGFKGFJGKFJG EXAM RESULTS! :|" mood that you barely notice anything. :P

I hope I'm not too; consistent dreams of having grades that aren't even possible (seriously, who gets a 'Z'????).
    I will collect my results before I see my teachers I just realised that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    I almost cried! Once when my essay was marked down.

Same here AAB or even AAA but I think just AAB.

What did you apply for at Uni?
    What are you doing up this late?
    Applied for Psychology at University of Birmingham and Aston University

AAB and ABB offer *gasp*

Ahh I am always up this late until 6am cs I nap during a day :p:

What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)

Check the song out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lnjames)

:awesome:

hahaha

(8) Cat-dawwwggg (8)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambielina)
    Haha; I saw my English teacher last year before getting the results, and he was grinning at me like a maniac but I think at that point you're so far gone into "OMGFKGFJGKFJG EXAM RESULTS! :|" mood that you barely notice anything. :P

I hope I'm not too; consistent dreams of having grades that aren't even possible (seriously, who gets a 'Z'????).
    I dreamt I got a 'H' on two exam papers. Which aparently meant i'd failed so badly I hadn't even gotten marks. Dunno why 'H' though ><

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Psychology at University of Birmingham and Aston University

AAB and ABB offer *gasp*

Ahh I am always up this late until 6am cs I nap during a day

What did you apply for?
    I applied for physics (foundation year) and computer science both at Sheffield.

One of my friends applied to Aston. Which one is your firm?

I used to nap in the day during my exams, would get up at night at do some work.

ReputationRep:
    Sociology was AQA and Psych was OCR

Would've been nicer if Psych was AQA, always like AQA

loool I was crap at english but I got a random burst of energy and decided to crash 'n' burn :p:
    Did you have the essay on realist theories on the crime and deviance section?

I'm waiting for Psychology (aqa b) , Philosophy (ocr legacy spec) ICT (aqa).

It's all A2. What about you?
    did u have stimulus response on your exam?

(Original post by diamonddust)
    Thank you! :giggle:
    House/Hugh Laurie= :love: lol

Do you watch House? Join the soc! I think i'll put the link in my sig haha

And yeah! We're easily going to win...the...race... *cough cough*! How many pages are they on? :p:
    Ahh i shall join this society. House is guaranteed to make me smile with its insanity!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)

did u have stimulus response on your exam?
    Yes I did. It came up in all the exams. Behaviorist approach right?

It can be applied to crime, child development etc..

UCS=UCR
    CS +UCS = CR
    CS = CR

I think thats right.

ReputationRep:
    ARG. A filling came out on one of my teeth for the 2nd time. Curse you, tooth! And my foot hurts but I can't make an appointment for the chiropractors until I get a call from my Dentist for a cancellation appointment. Also, my new haircut is ****.

I feel better letting that out lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    ARG. A filling came out on one of my teeth for the 2nd time. Curse you, tooth! And my foot hurts but I can't make an appointment for the chiropractors until I get a call from my Dentist for a cancellation appointment. Also, my new haircut is ****.

I feel better letting that out lol.
    What happend to your foot?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for physics (foundation year) and computer science both at Sheffield.

One of my friends applied to Aston. Which one is your firm?

I used to nap in the day during my exams, would get up at night at do some work.
    University of Birmingham is my firm, but it was the other way round for a bit but the campus looks so nice!

I have been having naps for 4 years :p: I can't stop now!

Did you have the essay on realist theories on the crime and deviance section?
    OMG! I think everyone was utterly shocked when they saw that essay question, in my revision I "decided" not to revise it..... But I do Politics so I used my knowledge from Left and Right of the political spectrum + what I remember revising months before + all the knowledge of other theories used to counterattack the theories to answer that question, I hope it was enough

ReputationRep:
    University of Birmingham is my firm, but it was the other way round for a bit but the campus looks so nice!

I have been having naps for 4 years I can't stop now!
    lol, I napped full two years of a-levels. Theres nothing to do in the summer so I don't get tired enough to nap.

I went to Birmingham twice last week. The univeristy was just there as soon as I got there.

ReputationRep:
    OMG! I think everyone was utterly shocked when they saw that essay question, in my revision I "decided" not to revise it..... But I do Politics so I used my knowledge from Left and Right of the political spectrum + what I remember revising months before + all the knowledge of other theories used to counterattack the theories to answer that question, I hope it was enough
    My face when i read that question was priceless. I was very O_OOOOO.

But the other questions more than made up for it, because they were fairly easy what do u need in socio and what are u on? As in, are u counting on doing well on that absolute shocker of an essay question.

ReputationRep:
    What happend to your foot?
    I tore some ligaments in my foot almost 3 (!!!) years ago and it's been **** ever since. Literally every part of my foot will itch under the skin or ache at some point of the day (except the part of my foot where the ligaments got torn :rolleyes: ) and my GP's done sweet FA about it! Finally have some money saved to go to a private guy and now have to wait even more because it'd be just my luck that I make an appointment with him and then have the dentist call me with one for the same time!

Damn you, useless NHS GPs! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theciz)
    I tore some ligaments in my foot almost 3 (!!!) years ago and it's been **** ever since. Literally every part of my foot will itch under the skin or ache at some point of the day (except the part of my foot where the ligaments got torn ) and my GP's done sweet FA about it! Finally have some money saved to go to a private guy and now have to wait even more because it'd be just my luck that I make an appointment with him and then have the dentist call me with one for the same time!

Damn you, useless NHS GPs!
    Why don't you move the dentist? Unless your having serious tooth problems or can't get an appointment.

At least your not thinking of results day? lol.

Hope you foot gets better and your filling!

ReputationRep:
    My face when i read that question was priceless. I was very O_OOOOO.

But the other questions more than made up for it, because they were fairly easy what do u need in socio and what are u on? As in, are u counting on doing well on that absolute shocker of an essay question.
    I think so :s for some reason

I am scared now :eek3:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.