Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    i forgot about results till i saw this thread!
    i'm not nervous anymore, nothing more i can doooooooo

ReputationRep:
    I just stupidly watched people opening their results on youtube and it scared the crap out of me... I don't know what I'll do if I don't meet my offer, I feel lucky even getting an offer at such an amazing uni - failing to meet the offer would make me feel like I'd missed a huge opportunity! Urghhh hurry up August 20th :-/

ReputationRep:
    Every time i get worried, i delve into the high % alcohol such as Tequila or Jamaican Rum.
    You guys should try it.

No blaming me for any hangovers though.

ReputationRep:
    HELLO.

38 days.

:eek:

BYE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellybaby)
    I just stupidly watched people opening their results on youtube and it scared the crap out of me... I don't know what I'll do if I don't meet my offer, I feel lucky even getting an offer at such an amazing uni - failing to meet the offer would make me feel like I'd missed a huge opportunity! Urghhh hurry up August 20th :-/
    haha I did that to motivate myself for the exams. Good times!

ReputationRep:
    God, none of my friends seem to be thinking about these (or they're just very good at temporarily forgetting about them) but at least some alcohol tomorrow evening will provide brief relaxation. :-P

ReputationRep:
    Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Doctor Forever)
    if i lose my grade and top uni choice because of 1 retarded exam, i might bleach my face and become a psychotic serial killer :teeth:

Great Backup Plan!

ReputationRep:
    37 DAYS TO GO
    Not that long now:bawling:

ReputationRep:
    Ok...Just had another dream but the results were in numbers wtf?? Also, I actually logged into resultsplus in my dream for Edexcel results.:thumbsup:
    Anyway..

English -9
    Bio-9
    Maths-6
    Eco-5

ReputationRep:
    Another results day dream and I got AAD...again!
    I really hope this is NOT premonition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    :rofl:

thats brilliant!

Last year, when I was on a bus or in a car, i gave myself the rather demanding task of having to go through 5 consecutive green lights in 5 consecutive days of going out in the holidays, or else I wouldn't get 5 As. Never managed to do it once (londoners kept wanting to cross roads each time I was out and my liver could not quite handle 5 nights out in a row last year :o:) so it was no suprise when I didn't get 5As last year. :p:

Haven't quite got round to doing something quite as crazy this year! Give it time though, just give it time! :p:
    That's pretty mad though too! :p:

(Original post by Medicine Man)
    I did have a dream, though, that I got my results a day earlier than everyone, added up the marks (which i thought was weird as I thought we were given total UMS and a grade on the paper), and found out that i had As in Bio, and Maths, and was 1 mark off an A in chemistry (which I need to get an A in to get into uni - firm or ins). Couldn't even muster the strength the add up my physics marks before I woke up, sweating like oxen on spits!

Thing is, I'm getting dreams (well just the one) with the right subjects I'm doing so its not so bizarre, but i sure do hope that the chemistry grade was wrong or there goes uni! :puppyeyes:
    Touch wood it won't come to that. I'm just trying to convince myself that I couldn't have worked any harder so whatever happens, happens.

On a random note, I am actually so scared about how I'm going to feel the night before results day. :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    On a random note, I am actually so scared about how I'm going to feel the night before results day. :eek4:
    Yeah, that will be INSANE! Don't think I would be able to sleep AT ALL! :zomg:

However, after much deliberation, I've decided to log unto Edexcel ResultsPlus at 6am instead of waiting for track to update at 7am. After all, all four of my subjects are on Edexcel so there really is no point waiting for track to upadate when I can find out an hour earlier. Last year was scary, and this year will even be worse. I just wished I'd come out of the exams knowing I'd nailed them, and not wishing for lower boundaries! :p:

ReputationRep:
    what time does track update on result day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spoiler)
    what time does track update on result day?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...on_results_day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Me too. The word "hyperventilating" springs to mind :p: I think I might just have to intentionally not sleep the night before the eve of results day, so I'm tired and have no choice but to sleep!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going camping with friends from the 17th-19th August so we get back the day before, hopefully avoiding all the results stuff from the media/parents. We were thinking of having a 'swear-box' for everytime someone mentions the R word! :p:

ReputationRep:
    A thread I just started - just wanted to see what your opinions were.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=969280

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Seriously though, I'm doing GCSEs and I don't feel nervous, just excited!

I've got an FSMQ so I'll be in on the 20th and then a week later for the results that really matter.

Has anyone at AS done much A2 work for preparation (or has anyone at GCSE done much AS work)? I'd be interested to know.

ReputationRep:
    I will have to down a bottle of Old No 7 the night before results to chill me probably.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.