Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    Thanks for the welcome!

"I was wondering, is everyone going to get their results on their own or do they plan on going with somebody?"

I typed that question, then changed it a bit & now reading back it's not how I wanted it to sound. I really need to go to university because I've only been out of school a month or two & I've already forgotten how to form sentences correctly.
    Heehee i feel the same! My brain is going stale from the lack of learining in the holday XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a lift from my friends on results day otherwise i'd have to get the bus there which takes nearly an hour....I could not sit on my own for an hour panicking :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm definitely going on my own!! Although my parents will probably want to tag along as well.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaytee.)
    I'm getting a lift from my friends on results day otherwise i'd have to get the bus there which takes nearly an hour....I could not sit on my own for an hour panicking :
    This is what I have to do, get 2 buses and it takes about an hour. I might just try and listen to some calming music.

ReputationRep:
    Theres another countdown thread. But its last years! And people are posting on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen angel9)
    This is what I have to do, get 2 buses and it takes about an hour. I might just try and listen to some calming music.
    It only take about 10 minutes to drive there but the bus goes halfway round the world so I decided a car would be the better option :p:

ReputationRep:
    The last time I checked this thread was a week ago, at page 49 and post 900-ish. There's been over 3000 posts since. Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of taking my mother... that sounds so stupid though :-S

It's just I'm the first person in my family to do A-Levels & if I'm successful then I'll be the first person to go to university. I was born when my parents were 19 so we're really close. Mum's already booked the day off work because she said whatever happens, she'll take me out for lunch anyway. She's not expecting me to ask her, so I haven't really decided yet.

I thought about going with friends but decided against it. I would feel too awkward if I got the results I needed but they didn't and I'm sure they'd feel the same if it were the other way around. I've arranged to meet up with them for a drink that night instead :-)

ReputationRep:

It's just I'm the first person in my family to do A-Levels & if I'm successful then I'll be the first person to go to university. I was born when my parents were 19 so we're really close. Mum's already booked the day off work because she said whatever happens, she'll take me out for lunch anyway. She's not expecting me to ask her, so I haven't really decided yet.

I thought about going with friends but decided against it. I would feel too awkward if I got the results I needed but they didn't and I'm sure they'd feel the same if it were the other way around. I've arranged to meet up with them for a drink that night instead :-)
    same, not much pressure there then :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting a lift from my friends on results day otherwise i'd have to get the bus there which takes nearly an hour....I could not sit on my own for an hour panicking :p:
    I have to get a bus on my own, which takes 40 mins - 1 hour, cos I live farthest from my friends. My iPod will be my best friend on the way. I'll be meeting my friends at school, though, which is what we do every year.
    It will be worse if Track tells me I didn't get in, then I'll have to stop myself from crying the whole way. :sad:

ReputationRep:

If I'm successful I'd probably give my mum a call and then go out with my friends after.
    If I'm not I would just rush home and try and sort out all this clearing shizz.

ReputationRep:
    same, not much pressure there then :p:

Haha I know! I put most pressure on myself because I don't want to let anyone down. I'm a people pleaser. GO ME! :woo:

ReputationRep:

Regarding you being the first person to reach this stage of education, don't worry about it. My brother - now at Cambridge - was the first to sit his AS- and A-levels and my parents would have been delighted what had ever happened. As long as you've put all of your effort in, then you shouldn't worry. You know that you have tried your best.

And the best thing to do with friends, at least I think so, is to see what everyone gets before doing anything. If someone does badly (though, touch wood, they won't) then they may not feel up to going out.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know! I put most pressure on myself because I don't want to let anyone down. I'm a people pleaser. GO ME! :woo:
    SAME! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonCha)
    Regarding you being the first person to reach this stage of education, don't worry about it. My brother - now at Cambridge - was the first to sit his AS- and A-levels and my parents would have been delighted what had ever happened. As long as you've put all of your effort in, then you shouldn't worry. You know that you have tried your best.

And the best thing to do with friends, at least I think so, is to see what everyone gets before doing anything. If someone does badly (though, touch wood, they won't) then they may not feel up to going out.
    Thanks JonCha, next time my friends mention going out to celebrate, I think I'll tell them I'd rather wait until we get our results before we decide on going some place.

I really did try my best & my parents know that too so yeah, I think they'll be happy :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even 18 on results day so woo for me.

It sucks. Big time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks JonCha, next time my friends mention going out to celebrate, I think I'll tell them I'd rather wait until we get our results before we decide on going some place.

I really did try my best & my parents know that too so yeah, I think they'll be happy :-)
    No problem! I don't like premeditating events, so I haven't mentioned it to any of my friends (and they have done likewise)...

Hopefully I won't preform shockingly on the 20th, so you won't look at me and think I was talking a load of rubbish. >_<

ReputationRep:

It's just I'm the first person in my family to do A-Levels & if I'm successful then I'll be the first person to go to university. I was born when my parents were 19 so we're really close.
    Wows thats exactly the same as me! Except i was actually born on my mum's 20th birthday, but she was practically 19 :rolleyes: it's good that nobody else in my family has done this before though cos they're happy no matter what i get since i'm the first to even go this far, phew!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, today I received a book list from my firm offer.

I don't have an unconditional offer so I think it's a bit strange to be sent a letter like that this early :-S
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Oh FFS. I went to walk the dog, and came back to like 10 pages to catch up on. Ah well, all towards beating the Scots

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.