Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    Thanks for the welcome!

"I was wondering, is everyone going to get their results on their own or do they plan on going with somebody?"

I typed that question, then changed it a bit & now reading back it's not how I wanted it to sound. I really need to go to university because I've only been out of school a month or two & I've already forgotten how to form sentences correctly.
    Hopefully either going to meet one of my friends who is basically near enough in the same situation as me, applied for a Uni in Birmingham, applying for Psychology and wanting to be a clinical psychologist (plus being my best friend for 6 years lol) only difference is that I am taking a gap year :p: but she has to work in the morning I think so hmm I'll probably wait for her..

Last year everyone met at college but as soon as we got our results we ran to different corners of the hall and read our results THEN came back to the benches to tell each other what we got....we were utterly gutted!lool

ReputationRep:
    My school never mentioned the fact that you can log on to Track to find out if you've been accepted or not. I found that out from this website about a week ago.

I'm not 100% sure whether I want to check Track before I go to school or not. I would like to go to school thinking "I don't care about the grades, I have a place!!" but if I'm unsuccessful, I really wouldn't want to go to school at all.

ReputationRep:
    My school never mentioned the fact that you can log on to Track to find out if you've been accepted or not. I found that out from this website about a week ago.

I'm not 100% sure whether I want to check Track before I go to school or not. I would like to go to school thinking "I don't care about the grades, I have a place!!" but if I'm unsuccessful, I really wouldn't want to go to school at all.
    Like I have said many times to people :p:... You have the comfort of breaking down in your house rather at college in front of people, UCAS Track can update quite early so if all doesn't go well, you have hours to cry out your frustration, calm down, think logically then go college get your results and start applying for clearing...

At college, the shock may devastate you along with being infront of friends, peers, teachers and college workers, you may unintentionally cause a scene and stuff, and I mean when someone is upset, people always in those situations be like "what is wrong? what grades did you get?" and telling them makes it hurt a bit more in my opinion.

At least if you find you you didnt get into your firm or firm and insurance, you have the ability to prepare yourself for getting your results rather than being caught a big off guard

Gosh this was a long post!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    Like I have said many times to people :p:... You have the comfort of breaking down in your house rather at college in front of people, UCAS Track can update quite early so if all doesn't go well, you have hours to cry out your frustration, calm down, think logically then go college get your results and start applying for clearing...

At college, the shock may devastate you along with being infront of friends, peers, teachers and college workers, you may unintentionally cause a scene and stuff, and I mean when someone is upset, people always in those situations be like "what is wrong? what grades did you get?" and telling them makes it hurt a bit more in my opinion.

At least if you find you you didnt get into your firm or firm and insurance, you have the ability to prepare yourself for getting your results rather than being caught a big off guard

Gosh this was a long post!lol
    I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. At school, everyone is going through the same thing. There shouldn't be any shame in doing better or worse than your friends. For me, going through it all together is better than knowing at 6am on your own.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your long post anyway XCRUSHESX!

You've helped me to make up my mind. I'm going to check Track before going to school because the last thing I want to do is cause a scene & make other people feel awkward etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    I see where you are coming from, but I disagree. At school, everyone is going through the same thing. There shouldn't be any shame in doing better or worse than your friends. For me, going through it all together is better than knowing at 6am on your own.
    Hmm that is true, I do see myself be very upset on my own, but I am a very....self conscious person and I hate crying in public so the idea of being able to cry in my pillow for hours, wins me over a bit :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your long post anyway XCRUSHESX!

You've helped me to make up my mind. I'm going to check Track before going to school because the last thing I want to do is cause a scene & make other people feel awkward etc
    Aww I am sure even if you did choose not to check Track, you wouldn't cause a scene

ReputationRep:
    Aww I am sure even if you did choose not to check Track, you wouldn't cause a scene

I like to think I wouldn't cause a scene aswell but as we all know, these results are so important, I'm going to have zero control over my emotions that day :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I think no matter what I do I'll be crying that day and everyone( friends and teachers) has seen me cry. I'm just an emotional wreck! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    eeek the more i read these posts an think about results day the worse i feel!! =( jus wanna get it over an done with!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm that is true, I do see myself be very upset on my own, but I am a very....self conscious person and I hate crying in public so the idea of being able to cry in my pillow for hours, wins me over a bit :p:
    Ah-hah! I see exactly what you mean

I don't think that I can look on Track at 6am then have to wait another 3-4hrs before I know where I messed up/what saved my bacon etc.

The suspense is killing me though, so I'm going to stay up very late on 19th August so I don't wake up early on 20th

ReputationRep:

I don't think that I can look on Track at 6am then have to wait another 3-4hrs before I know where I messed up/what saved my bacon etc.

The suspense is killing me though, so I'm going to stay up very late on 19th August so I don't wake up early on 20th
    That is a very good idea! The worse thing would be moping around the house on the 20th feelin sick an agitated cus its too early to go and get results!!

ReputationRep:
    That is a great idea! I'm sure I'll find it hard to get to sleep that night anyway so I should be able to stay up pretty late. I would love to get up some time after 8!

ReputationRep:
    I like to think I wouldn't cause a scene aswell but as we all know, these results are so important, I'm going to have zero control over my emotions that day :eek3:
    I know what you mean, I mean as much as we try and explain how we will react that day, we just never know until it happens!

Before I was like "why would anyone want to see how well they have done in one glance on a webpage" but now I am thinking I really need to know and I'd rather know as soon as possible than increase the tension counting down the hours in which I can go college because that would kill me

Planning to either sleep through out the whole day on the 19th and be wide awake all night OR stay awake through out the whole day and sleep from 9pm til 2am or something then stay awake from there...

Ahh the possibilities :p:

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean, I mean as much as we try and explain how we will react that day, we just never know until it happens!

Before I was like "why would anyone want to see how well they have done in one glance on a webpage" but now I am thinking I really need to know and I'd rather know as soon as possible than increase the tension counting down the hours in which I can go college because that would kill me

Planning to either sleep through out the whole day on the 19th and be wide awake all night OR stay awake through out the whole day and sleep from 9pm til 2am or something then stay awake from there...

Ahh the possibilities :p:
    Lol! I think I might throw my modem/router out of the window to stop myself from checking Track. I say I won't check now, but on the 20th, who knows what I might do

Also, does anyone have that EdExcel/Results Plus pin thing where you can check your Edexcel results online? I have mine in my wallet. I have two Edexcel A-Levels

ReputationRep:
    EVERYONE! I HAVE A THEORY! :eek:

But first - do we have any information on the enemies from our spies?

Lol.

Right - because our results are taking a week longer to come out, apparently because of the difference between the old and new specs in most subject or something like that - then MAYBE, UCAS Track will be updated earlier than it was last year. Cause they have had an extra week with our results.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is true but my friend told me that last year she had to check the UCAS site at 00:00 to see if she'd got a place. She doesn't seem the type to lie or to enjoy having a laugh at my expense but I've not heard it anywhere else...

The Morrigu, apparently the results day isn't a week later; it's always the week before the August bank holiday (or SOMETHING like that, a specific amount of weeks from it) every year, on whatever date the Thursday before that falls on.

But I do still like your theory :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    The Morrigu, I like your theory a lot!

I phoned UCAS yesterday. I took 3 A-levels at school & took another in college because they didn't do it at school. The problem was, for all 4 subjects, I had put the same centre. I was worried UCAS wouldn't be able to find my 4th result so I'd be rejected from my firm. UCAS man done some searching on the database, he said the issue had already been addressed when processing results... :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    ....the results have already been processed? O_O. eeeekkk....

nah as far as i was aware, A levels came out on the 2nd thurs of the month, and GCSEs came out on the 3rd thurs of the month.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.