Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Gallifrey)
    The Morrigu, I like your theory a lot!

I phoned UCAS yesterday. I took 3 A-levels at school & took another in college because they didn't do it at school. The problem was, for all 4 subjects, I had put the same centre. I was worried UCAS wouldn't be able to find my 4th result so I'd be rejected from my firm. UCAS man done some searching on the database, he said the issue had already been addressed when processing results... :eek3:
    Our results have been processed by UCAS :eek3: I thought the Unis didnt get them until next Sunday... Maybe they'll get them early, so track will be updated early SO IT'LL ALL BE HERE NEXT WEEK.

I have got to stop dreaming...

ReputationRep:
    So, somewhere in this country there are bits of paper with all these numbers and letters which determine our future :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    Also, does anyone have that EdExcel/Results Plus pin thing where you can check your Edexcel results online? I have mine in my wallet. I have two Edexcel A-Levels
    Yep, we got given those. Same here, I've got 2 Edexcel AS Levels, both of which I'm a bit unsure on how I've done.

If I'm doing AS Levels and go to see my Edexcel results online, will the grades be displayed or just the raw marks? Our school doesn't cash in our AS qualifications until the end of Year 13.

ReputationRep:
    lol. my friends ex bf was a hacker. i wish i was good enough mates with him so i could point at the UCAS webbie and go 'HACK' or something to that description.

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt it seem rather unfair that we are like the last ones to know our own results XD unis an UCAS get them first, how unfair!!

ReputationRep:
    aye. we are also the last qualification to go to uni (cause only GCSE is after ours) to find out our results.

thats some kinda discrimination....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorry...Alright...Well...)
    Lol! I think I might throw my modem/router out of the window to stop myself from checking Track. I say I won't check now, but on the 20th, who knows what I might do

Also, does anyone have that EdExcel/Results Plus pin thing where you can check your Edexcel results online? I have mine in my wallet. I have two Edexcel A-Levels
    I am meant to be on the phone to my boyfriend when I log on to track because he said he wanted to be the first to know and deep down I do want him to be one of the first, but I feel like that would make me more nervous knowing someone is waiting on the line as I attempt to log in :'(

I don't know if this is true but my friend told me that last year she had to check the UCAS site at 00:00 to see if she'd got a place. She doesn't seem the type to lie or to enjoy having a laugh at my expense but I've not heard it anywhere else...
    Last year track updated around 6:45am so she might be pulling your leg :p:

(Original post by fallen angel9)
    So, somewhere in this country there's bits of paper with all these numbers and letters which determine our future :eek3:
    :yikes: :puke:

ReputationRep:
    After I was told the issue had already been corrected when processing results, "Sam" from the UCAS helpline asked if I had any more questions, I of course said "So, UCAS already have my results?" & he said they couldn't confirm anything to do with our results & reminded me that results day was 20th of stupid august.

ReputationRep:
    After I was told the issue had already been corrected when processing results, "Sam" from the UCAS helpline asked if I had any more questions, I of course said "So, UCAS already have my results?" & he said they couldn't confirm anything to do with our results & reminded me that results day was 20th of stupid august.
    Which basically means yes, but he can't afford to say that to someone, cause he could lose his job over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    Yep, we got given those. Same here, I've got 2 Edexcel AS Levels, both of which I'm a bit unsure on how I've done.

If I'm doing AS Levels and go to see my Edexcel results online, will the grades be displayed or just the raw marks? Our school doesn't cash in our AS qualifications until the end of Year 13.
    My school didn't cash in our results too for AS last year but we had the Edexcel ResultsPlus thingy.

What I got was a page with my subject title, unit title and unit codes for each unit. These all had individual unit UMS scores (and a module grade I think, though I'm not too sure). I had to add up these UMS scorses as they hadn't been done for me. No overall grade or overall UMS was written and I wasn't given any raw marks. I spent a good 2/3 mins adding my UMS marks up on my calculator before I understood what was going on. :p:

Having said that, last year Edexcel did have a few glitches so maybe this year they'd organise it a bit better. I hear that they should have this gradeometer on the page which tells you how far you were from the next grade and that. Scary stuff. :afraid: Dunno if you'll get that only if you cash in though.

REASON FOR EDIT: To try to make it less confusing. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    My school didn't cash in our results too for AS last year but we had the Edexcel ResultsPlus thingy. What I got was a page with random unit codes (with subject and unit titles I think) and individual unit UMS scores (and a module grade I think, though I'm not too sure) which I had to add up myself to get the overall grade. No overall grade was written and I wasn't given any raw marks. I spent a good 2/3 mins adding my UMS marks up on my calculator before I understood what was going on. :p:

Having said that, last year Edexcel did have a few glitches so maybe this year they'd organise it a bit better. I hear that they should have this gradeometer on the page which tells you how far you were from the next grade and that. Scary stuff. :afraid: Dunno if you'll get that only if you cash in though.

Gosh that sounds confusing! i was gonna get my one A level off there in the morning before goin in for the rest but i think it mite be easier to jus wait an read it off the paper rather than faffing with numbers =P :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    Which basically means yes, but he can't afford to say that to someone, cause he could lose his job over it.
    :puke:

I hope I have gotten into University of Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Gosh that sounds confusing! i was gonna get my one A level off there in the morning before goin in for the rest but i think it mite be easier to jus wait an read it off the paper rather than faffing with numbers =P :woo:
    Probably down to my convoluted wording! :o:

This year apparently, we shouldn't have to add up anything though so essentially when the page loads we will just see 3/4 letters that represent grades and a gradeometer on the side. Then maybe when you click on each of the 3/4 letters, you get a module by module breakdown showing module grades and module UMS marks.

ReputationRep:
    cause that early in the morning, working out number stuff will probs hurt everyones brain....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XCRUSHESX)
    :puke:

I hope I have gotten into University of Birmingham
    Im hoping ive gotten into there too, fingers crossed for BBB =D To study bio sciences =) what are you doin? =)

ReputationRep:
    I did 3 A2s and 1 AS this year (important as it contributes points); anyone know if my AS result would be on the A2 slip, or would I have to wait til the later time to collect it with all the Year 12s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Morrigu)
    cause that early in the morning, working out number stuff will probs hurt everyones brain....

XD aha numbers always hurt my brain!! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by X_kate)
    Im hoping ive gotten into there too, fingers crossed for BBB =D To study bio sciences =) what are you doin? =)
    Psychology AAB but I am taking a gap year Ooh Bio Science sounds cooooooool Science seems so interesting but it makes my brain hurt too much lool :p:

ReputationRep:
    Probably down to my convoluted wording! :o:

This year apparently, we shouldn't have to add up anything though so essentially when the page loads we will just see 3/4 letters that represent grades and a gradeometer on the side. Then maybe when you click on each of the 3/4 letters, you get a module by module breakdown showing module grades and module UMS marks.
    Aaaa now that sounds much easier to handle =P i may still check on that pesky english lit grade before my others in the end then =P

ReputationRep:
    Is that even possible? :lolwut:
    yep

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.