Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    35 days
    Oh deeear, I can't even count properly.
    This does not bode well for my results. :/

(Original post by NihilisticMystics)
    Oh deeear, I can't even count properly.
    This does not bode well for my results. :/
    It's 36 days if you include today, if you count from tomorrow it's 35 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    It's 36 days if you include today, if you count from tomorrow it's 35 .
    However until results day and when we get our results at around 9am it's technically 35 days as the remaining countdown is in hours not days from August 19th.

(Original post by Gamer99)
    However until results day and when we get our results at around 9am it's technically 35 days as the remaining countdown is in hours not days from August 19th.
    And the prize for anal counting goes to...
    :tongue:
    Haha, kidding.

Either way, it's fast approaching, but not quite fast enough.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, people stop counting incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahah I like that!
    I don't care about people trying to sort of, say they'll fail incase blah blah, BUT WHAT IS ANNOYING, is when people post things like this:

"Chem: A (499)
    Physics: A (550)
    Maths: A (555)

Disappointed with Chem though "

You still got an A, get a grip :lolwut:
    I know! I think if I got any UMS scores over 500 I would die of shock :p:

(Original post by oo_Lucinda_oo)
    I know! I think if I got any UMS scores over 500 I would die of shock :p:
    Haha same here!

Aslong as I get the grades I need, I care not about UMS's!

ReputationRep:
    most of the people of here are probably predicted A's and will be mega disappointed if they got 2A's and 1B.
    if i got a B i would be dancing around the place crying with joy lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahj1991)
    most of the people of here are probably predicted A's and will be mega disappointed if they got 2A's and 1B.
    if i got a B i would be dancing around the place crying with joy lol.
    I'd be mega disappointed of course, because I'd miss my offer..

ReputationRep:
    I have an ABB offer, but I'll be interested to see if I got AAA, as I turned down Exeter's AAA offer.

I'm pretty sure of an A in Psychology (it's all facts) but lit and lang could be anything.

ReputationRep:
    35 days to go, not to worried at the moment but i'll probably go insane when theres only 20 days left and i am definately not going to log into track. I wouldnt want to see that i havent got in to my firm or insurance and then go to college to see how terrible my results are. :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    People who aren't going to look on track are idiots. At the end of the day you would rather not burst into tears in front of everyone if you fail.

P.S. I'm not going to burst into tears if I fail. Although, when I was opening my results last year I did go faintish.
    P.P.S. Lucky track will tell if I get in or not before I get results.

ReputationRep:
    to those who applied to unversity of aberdeen, i have got a qn, will the applicant portal update be Ucas coz that if it does it will just make my life easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    People who aren't going to look on track are idiots. At the end of the day you would rather not burst into tears in front of everyone if you fail.

P.S. I'm not going to burst into tears if I fail. Although, when I was opening my results last year I did go faintish.
    P.P.S. Lucky track will tell if I get in or not before I get results.

I don't have any urge to check track beforehand. One, I don't give a toss about crying in front of everyone to be honest, I'm sure lots of people will be. Plus, if it's bad news, I want to have people who know what they're talking about/what to do around me (ie. my teachers) rather than my parents who won't know how to calm me down.

Also, there's just something nostalgic about opening the envelope since I didn't get to do it at GCSE (away) or AS level (posted) :p:

ReputationRep:
    I havent had a dream about results day yet and I don't really want one!!:unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get a little scared now. Keep thinking I'm going to miss my offer by a few lowsy marks in chemistry. Come on, I need low grade boundaries, low grade boundaries, low grade boundaries, low grade boundaries, low grade boundaries, low bloody grade boundaries!

Its going to be somewhere withing the region of 477 and 495, depending on leniency and grade boundaries!

:puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a way to speed up time? As I really want time to speed up.

Its sad but I'm counting down the days. 35 days, looks like it will be 34 days soon.

This is the worst thing ever. Luckly that I think I have passed and that I have a backup in the very unlikely case I fail. Dammit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm off on holiday to Egypt for two weeks, which leaves less than three weeks worth of worrying to catch up on for when I get back.

I keep thinking that we'll have to go back to school in September. How great is it to have the whole of September off?

Anywho...is anyone else sad enough to have a spreadsheet up with RAW/UMS marks and whatnot? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahah I like that!
    I don't care about people trying to sort of, say they'll fail incase blah blah, BUT WHAT IS ANNOYING, is when people post things like this:

"Chem: A (499)
    Physics: A (550)
    Maths: A (555)

Disappointed with Chem though "

You still got an A, get a grip :lolwut:
    :curious: So...You get annoyed when people aiming high are disappointed? If everyone had your attitude we'd still be sleeping in caves foraging for berries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    I'm off on holiday to Egypt for two weeks, which leaves less than three weeks worth of worrying to catch up on for when I get back.

I keep thinking that we'll have to go back to school in September. How great is it to have the whole of September off?

Anywho...is anyone else sad enough to have a spreadsheet up with RAW/UMS marks and whatnot? :ninja:
    i do, i even calculated how many UMS i needed from my final exams to get the my predicted grades....im quite proud of myself:yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.