Turn on thread page Beta

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Oh the exams = awfull. Coursework was long and boring!

I needed E's for C's and D's for B's in all three if that makes sense lol. Anything can happen though. I think of the worst!

How was photography? As an A-level?

Which Uni?
    Coursework was awful. I was told I did quite well, before moderation, though. So hopefully the moderation went okay.

Heh, everyone thinks of the worst. It's as if we're programmed like that or something.
    I had a dream last night that I did so bad they don't even have a grade to describe how bad it was. :sad:

Photography is fun. Its the writing part that I hate. You have to think of so much ******** to write about the photo you've taken/the photographers you've looked at, and how they influenced you to do what you've done.
    Also, there was always trouble in dark rooms. Sometimes, the negatives wouldn't get developed properly, or the photos wouldn't print properly because of problems with the negatives. :rolleyes: Lets just say, I prefer digital photography, now. :p:

I'm hoping to go Leicester. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzles)
    I thought I'd just remind everyone that the Unis get our results a week tomorrow
    How thoughtful of you. :p:

It sucks that we're the ones that sat the exams, and did all the hard work, but we're the last to know our results. :huff:

/rant.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    How thoughtful of you. :p:

It sucks that we're the ones that sat the exams, and did all the hard work, but we're the last to know our results. :huff:

/rant.
    I'm a thoughtful person! :p:

It does. A lot. Thus the reason I threatened UCAS. See Medicine Man's sig for more details

ReputationRep:
    272 hours and 57mins to go! :headfire:

(Original post by miz_perfecto)
    care to share what happened..? sharing is caring:p: LOOOOOL
    :p: didnt get what i wanted ... i didnt faaail but i wanted better and i stood there while people took my paper to see my results. :nothing: then looked at me like :wtf?: thats good and i started crying

ReputationRep:

It does. A lot. Thus the reason I threatened UCAS. See Medicine Man's sig for more details
    Just as I decided to post too! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    Lunch i haddd... errm i forgot lol Yea it was pasta! with bread

You had a cheese and onion pasty?
    Omg thats what I had are you psychic? Tell me my a-level results? I'll pay you! 10,000,000,00 Pounds of cheese!

I've gone smilies mad!

ReputationRep:

Ha, I remember. :p:
    It didn't work, though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I thought I'd just remind everyone that the Unis get our results a week tomorrow
    looolol thanks a lot

Thank you :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    Gosh this thread moved quick!
    Did I miss anything?
    I saw Bruno last night, it made me giggle and distracted me for an hour and a half
    Im in two minds now about wether to check track or not... I was adamant that I was going to, but then won't it ruin the suprise? Then again if im unsuccesful then I need to know so I can prepare myself...
    Oh dear, what shall I do?
    Did you like Bruno? I though it was too short .

ReputationRep:

:rofl: That's hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilac!!)
    :p: didnt get what i wanted ... i didnt faaail but i wanted better and i stood there while people took my paper to see my results. :nothing: then looked at me like :wtf?: thats good and i started crying

awww i just so hgope taht doesnt happen to me i want AAC but i kinda know im not gonna get taht fingers crossed anything can happen
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    Just as I decided to post too! :p:
    Excellent timing :p:

Ha, I remember. :p:
    It didn't work, though. :sad:
    It's okay. I'll persuade them :ninja: :ninja2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    272 hours and 57mins to go! :headfire:
    :eek: :crazy:
    thats not good

ReputationRep:

looooooooooooool :p: imagine if that happened OMGGG:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Sparrow)
    Did you like Bruno? I though it was too short .
    I thought Bruno was hilarious!:p: (But yes, too short!)
    "Modelling is very hard, its moving the right foot, and then the left foot, and then your like 'so what now?"

ReputationRep:
    Coursework was awful. I was told I did quite well, before moderation, though. So hopefully the moderation went okay.

Heh, everyone thinks of the worst. It's as if we're programmed like that or something.
    I had a dream last night that I did so bad they don't even have a grade to describe how bad it was.

Photography is fun. Its the writing part that I hate. You have to think of so much ******** to write about the photo you've taken/the photographers you've looked at, and how they influenced you to do what you've done.
    Also, there was always trouble in dark rooms. Sometimes, the negatives wouldn't get developed properly, or the photos wouldn't print properly because of problems with the negatives. Lets just say, I prefer digital photography, now.

I'm hoping to go Leicester. What about you?
    Yeah the coursework. I'm worried that it will get modded down because the examiner was in a bad mood or was very strict!

For Photography whats the strangest picture you had to write about? Was the dark room/ negative pictures apart of the coursework?

I'm hoping to go sheffield. Yeah digitals rock lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fweefwee)
    I thought Bruno was hilarious! (But yes, too short!)
    "Modelling is very hard, its moing the right foot, and then the left foot, and then your like'so what now?"
    Did you scream at that rude bit?
    I had some girls on the back row and they screamed and coverd their face lol.
    Not a family movie!

ReputationRep:
    By the way...11 days 2 hours and 46 minutes! :woo:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.