Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Official 2009 Results Day Vomit Inducing Countdown Thread (20th August) Watch

(Original post by Sports Racer)
    Tell me, why are you defending a bad decision? I cannot think of a situation where withdrawing such important information can be a good thing. You're going to go on Track eventually, so why delay it? I actually do not understand why people would choose not to.

'You can prepare without Track! You can prepare without Track!' If you know you got into where you wanted you don't have to prepare. Preparation isn't just phone numbers either, it's significantly to do with the initial shock/disappointment. There was a room at my school where people sat after they got bad results. They stayed silent for at least half an hour. They should've been ready to hit the phones at 9am. Also, there was a long queue for advice from the UCAS coordinator. If you know already you can have a chat with him by coming into school a bit early.

With regards to the 'happy surprise'. Results day is usually seen as a day of surprises, yes, but it's really to do with worries, uncertainty and confusion. Decide for yourself, which scenario is better to be in:

1. Go to school and do clerical checks on UMS marks. The marks suggest you got a place. Go on Track to confirm.

2. Log into Track in the morning and experience an intense wave of joy as you read the words, 'Congratulations! Your place at X has been confirmed!'. You go into school pondering how high your grades actually are, knowing that there won't be any nasty surprises.
    I give up
    Fair point well said. Better than insults anyway!

ReputationRep:
    I think people will go on Track but finding out that you've got in NOT with the grades you wanted would be very disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    With regards to the 'happy surprise'. Results day is usually seen as a day of surprises, yes, but it's really to do with worries, uncertainty and confusion. Decide for yourself, which scenario is better to be in:

1. Go to school and do clerical checks on UMS marks. The marks suggest you got a place. Go on Track to confirm.

2. Log into Track in the morning and experience an intense wave of joy as you read the words, 'Congratulations! Your place at X has been confirmed!'. You go into school pondering how high your grades actually are, knowing that there won't be any nasty surprises.
    Unfortunately, we don’t live in a utopia where each outcome turns out to be that of a happy one. In addition, it’s my personal choice as to whether I log on to track. Even if you don’t log on to track you won’t necessarily be hindered from preparing in advance just in case your fortunes aren’t as good as other people.

Oh yeh and according to Simplicity I must therefore be an idiot!!

(Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Better than insults anyway!
    Hey! I insult because I care :yep:

ReputationRep:
    24 days....

ReputationRep:
    Don't you mean 34 days?

ReputationRep:
    almost a month to go wow, almost completely forgot about these things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTallOne)
    24 days....
    WOW, your UMS scores are insane! Shouldn't someone like you be pretty confident you've met your offer anyway? :p:

Hey! I insult because I care :yep:
    Luckily you didn't insult anyway...

Where was that countdown thing anyone? Is it a few pages back?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Luckily you didn't insult anyway...

Where was that countdown thing anyone? Is it a few pages back?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=327

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    35days?

ReputationRep:
    34 days.

I can't keep thinking about results. Luckly, this will desensitized me. Yeah, but every couple of hours I think thats its only 34 days. TSR has alot to blame. Although, if it wasen't for the internet then time would seem so slow.

P.S. Uncertainty is killing me. Its not that bad. I find its harder to concentrate as I have to work under the assumption that I have made offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    34 days.

I can't keep thinking about results. Luckly, this will desensitized me. Yeah, but every couple of hours I think thats its only 34 days. TSR has alot to blame. Although, if it wasen't for the internet then time would seem so slow.

P.S. Uncertainty is killing me. Its not that bad. I find its harder to concentrate as I have to work under the assumption that I have made offer.
    No post proving I'm a white supremacist? Shame. Think before you post next time maybe. :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necessarily benevolent)
    No post proving I'm a white supremacist? Shame. Think before you post next time maybe
    Thats like asking for proof that the BNP are racist. You have to be pretty racists to support a party that was founded by a neo nazis and whos leader is a neo nazis.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think track will crash when people try to log on? Because presumably loads of people will be trying to get on the website in the morning? That could be pretty frustrating..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simplicity)
    Thats like asking for proof that the BNP are racist. You have to be pretty racists to support a party that was founded by a neo nazis and whos leader is a neo nazis.
    I don't support the BNP. :teeth:

LOL. That, like, totally destroys your point. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Who here feels like they set their standards too high last year with AS results and now anything below (for example) 95% is considered unacceptable to their parents and requires a punishment?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix90)
    Who here feels like they set their standards too high last year with AS results and now anything below (for example) 95% is considered unacceptable to their parents and requires a punishment?
    Spot on - after getting 5 A's in AS, i feel like i am under pressure from parents to get 4 A's for A2.

Although i'd just be over the moon to get AAB to get into Warwick.

Stuff Em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoenix90)
    nope, i set the bench mark pretty darn low so my mom should be over the moon come results day but my friends are all in your position

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.